Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 277760 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #1200 on: November 10, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Well, in case there was still any doubt, it looks like TheGD.com has now gotten confirmation from a ToyBiz customer services rep that 2005 will be the last year of the line.  Still nothing from the head honchos, but its not looking good.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 10, 2005, 04:23 PM »
A buddy of mine that is big into the line received confirmation from theouterreaches.com an etailer up here.  When he asked about the last wave and whether they'd get it, they responded regarding the "last wave" comment.  They checked with Toybiz and then confirmed with my buddy that the line was dead as far as Toybiz was concerned.  Internet innuendo the way it sounds, I know, but I'll opt to believe it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 2, 2005, 11:33 AM »
are the king elendil and minis tirith guard HTF? I hid them so lemme know so I can go back and buy it if some one needs it. They were 5.99 at KB. I never saw a easterling in a store.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1203 on: December 2, 2005, 10:03 PM »
They weren't very easy to find in some areas, like the one I live in. I eventually found them after driving halfway across the state of Iowa.

I wouldm't buy them unless someone needs them, though. Did you find some Easterlings at your local KB? I'd buy two more if I had a KB close to me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 7, 2005, 12:32 PM »
like I said..never seen them in a store :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1205 on: December 8, 2005, 05:35 AM »
I wish I could find something for my brother for X-Mas...  LOTR is dead here now.  TRU was carrying some stuff and WM, but they're both now seemingly done and the latest stuff's not around, isn't coming, or hasn't shipped to here...

I saw the 3-pack with Sauron and didn't have the $ to get it, then it was gone...  Saw the Elves of ME set too I think it was and didn't get it because of $, and now I can't find it for my bro.  Very frustrating to say the least.

He's still in need of the Orc Captain with the hammer, the Mordor Orc with the skull on his helmet...  I think he still needs the Gondorian Soldier too.  Just lots he never got from this line. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: December 8, 2005, 07:46 AM »
The one figure I never saw was the transfixed Galadriel.  Even though I don't have any of the figures displayed anymore...I still would have bought that one just because it looked so damn cool.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 8, 2005, 05:00 PM »
The one figure I never saw was the transfixed Galadriel.  Even though I don't have any of the figures displayed anymore...I still would have bought that one just because it looked so damn cool.

LOL, I just left one at a store this afternoon.  LMK if you need it.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 2, 2006, 09:12 PM »
Is it too late to let you know  :P 

I just saw the Lord of the Ring Elves seven pack (or maybe it was eight) at Walmart tonight.  I had no idea they were still kicking out this stuff.   I am sure I have all those figures in the set but still very cool to see none the less.  I swear I saw someone in the checkout line ahead of me with one labeled "Kings of Middle Earth" or something to that effect.  I didn't see this set in the toy section but he could have had the last one.  I assume that Toy Biz is multi packing everything they have left now and it sure makes it a quick way to "catch-up" if you are new to the line.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 2, 2006, 11:31 PM »
Yes, Kings of Middle Earth is just another repack.  I saw that one at TRU a couple of months back, by far the best retailer we've had for the stuff. 

If this is the one you're still after, then nope, not too late at all.  I saw it about an hour ago, presumably it will be there tomorrow.  LMK if you still need it and your addy please.  It is a neat figure for sure. 

I still have yet to break down and buy a Legolas, Aragorn or any of the damnable Hobbitses.  One retailer had the There and Back Again box set forever, never clearanced it and that would have been my entire need solved, but they just plain disappeared.  I'm kind of stuck in the middle with a few too many figures to just toss them all, but I'm neither sure I want them, nor do I really want to lay out more cash for anything.   :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1210 on: January 2, 2006, 11:42 PM »
I'm just hoping I can get the final Eowyn and Orc

I still need one other Uruk and I think I'd be done

Offline jediraven82

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 2, 2006, 11:56 PM »
I spent so much time getting the majority of LOTR figures and now I really don't care about them.  Unfortunately, they have almost zero secondary market with the exception of a few figures.  I can't believe how much the Elven Archer and Rohirrim Soldier sell for on eBay.  Loose ones go for around 30 bucks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 3, 2006, 12:15 AM »

I still need one other Uruk and I think I'd be done

Why you people don't tell me this sooner I have no idea ::)  That dude was around.  He may still be, but I haven't really looked for him of late.  Does he have an official name and what cardback is he on please?

And don't count on my for Eowyn and that Orc with the skull, none of that wave has been around here yet.  But I know enough to grab them if I see them. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1213 on: January 3, 2006, 12:18 AM »
Battle Cry Uruk Hai I believe

Offline Morgbug

• Old