Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 277730 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #765 on: July 16, 2004, 11:41 PM »
www.cmdstore.com has these in stock, and most importantly, they have carded pics.   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 17, 2004, 01:34 AM »
Yeah its coming back to you :-*

Thank you.  I think. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 17, 2004, 03:01 PM »
I suppose the Moria Archer will be a pain in the ass to find, though. Curses.

That's my thoughts too.  The whole case scares me.  Unless you are a die hard fan, it's not  likely these will fly off the shelves and with only one Archer in the bunch, it could be the hardest figure to come by this year, IMO.
Beth

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #768 on: July 17, 2004, 03:58 PM »
I think it will be too.  I don't worry too much, since I've found everything at retail eventually, but I thought this kind of nonsense was behind us.  (what was I thinking?)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 23, 2004, 01:28 PM »
A few new LOTR figures, pictures courtesy Action-Figure.com.  Figures included are Bilbo (transfixed), "ring possessed" Galadriel, and a 2-up of the Pellenor Fields Orc (i don't remember his name, sorry).  They look nice, but I guess nothing that I'm overly interested in.  Then again, I'm not as big collecting this line as many others either ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #770 on: July 23, 2004, 01:32 PM »
Wow I'm digging that Galadriel, she looks awesome!  They captured that scene perfectly

The two Bilbo's also look nice

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 23, 2004, 01:36 PM »
Thanks for the link Brian.  

Is it just me or is TB already heading into Hasbro territory?  Bilbo transfixed?  That had less screen time than B'Omarr Monk.  Interesting and important point in the movie, but yikes.  

Still being extremely patient with this series of figures, haven't picked up any for a while.  Waiting for Mouth of Sauron set to show up at TRU and maybe some new figures in tow.  

I sense July being a relatively inexpensive month. Well, except for that Frankenberry bobblehead. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 23, 2004, 01:45 PM »
Is it just me or is TB already heading into Hasbro territory?  Bilbo transfixed?  That had less screen time than B'Omarr Monk.  Interesting and important point in the movie, but yikes.

I kind of felt the same way when I saw that Brent, seems like they are running out of ideas.  Then again, I know there are some people that really like each and every version of each and every character, and that's cool too.  They do all look very well done, I'll say that.  I haven't bought much in this line for a little while either, and probably won't get a whole lot more.  Waiting out for the SP Aragorn and Frodo, then I'll probably try to pick up a Sam and the Merry in Armor and be done with it....I think. :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 23, 2004, 01:55 PM »
Quite the same for me.  I know I'm nitpicky at times, but try to treat everyone/everything with the same nitpickiness.  

Is the distribution of this line slow everywhere?  Our stores are quite loathesome these days, which I suppose is mostly the summer slow down, but it is frustrating.  These figures sell very well, with the only exceptions being Gollum who is overpacked and Aragorn as King(brown trilogy package)/Strider (green trilogy) simply because they were grossly overpacked too.  Everything else is pretty much gone.  One TRU has a plethora of Frodo in goblin armor as well, but not much else.  And we're still seeing shipments of the half circle boxes coming in as well.  Naturally they don't move as well as the trilogy packs, simply because of the $3 price difference.  But we just aren't seeing much come in.  TRU brought in a pile of cases, sold pretty much all of their stuff and then stopped bringing in more ::)  I just don't get it, this stuff sells.  Bah, when I rule the toy world....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #774 on: July 23, 2004, 01:58 PM »
Here is my list from last January, as you can see there is very little left they can do and I thought I went a little far in my ideas

FotR:

Council Elrond
Gandalf the Grey (Resculpt)
Isildur
Elendil
Gil-Galad (Elf Captain)

TTT:
Eowyn in White Dress
Armored Boromir (Extended Edition)

RotK:
Godorian Soldier in Armor
Gondorian Royal Guard
Denethor
Queen Arwen
Ceremony Eowyn
Ceremony Faramir
Ceremony Gimli
Ceremony Legolas
Frodo(Mount Doom)
Sam(Mount Doom)
Gothmog (Orc Commander - Goonies guy)
Oliphaunt Driver w/ Oliphaunt!!!
Mouth of Sauron (Extended Edition)
Elrond in Black Robes with Anduril and sheath
Smeagol
Deagol
Rosie Cotton w/ Wee Hobbits
Old Bilbo
Cirdan (Is this the other Elf at the Ship??? Or is that Celeborn???)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 01:59 PM by OCB »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 23, 2004, 02:00 PM »
Yeah, it has been quite slow around here for awhile too Brent.  I saw the KOTD/Merry/Morgul Lord come and go a few times, but the pegs have been somewhat bare other than that.  The two Wal-Marts in town have had zero figs for about a month now (one doesn't even have a space for LOTR, for some strange reason).  Target usually have some figures, mostly consisting of King Aragorn, Eomer, 8" Treebeard, and the occasional Ringwraith.  TRU is stocked FULL of Gollums, in the old packaging, and the occasional trilogy Frodo repack.  Not much going on in that area of the action figure aisle lately though, which is strange, because I agree with you Brent...those things sell, and sell quickly around here.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #776 on: July 23, 2004, 07:20 PM »
It's very slow here as well.  Only TRU carries the full range of the Trilogy figs, and they haven't gotten any in in quite a while, apart from a few cases of the WK.

I really like Gothmog and Dark Galadriel.  She wasn't on my list for sure, but she gives me hope for a White Lady of Rohan Eowyn next year.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #777 on: July 23, 2004, 08:37 PM »
I think this line gets better with time. Really digging the Bilbos and Gamling. I'm just fearing the retailers will drop it after the extended version of ROTK comes out. The local Target hasn't received jack since they raised their prices. They've received about two cases since January. Eomer and HD Aragorn still sit.

Wal-Mart sells through what they get, eventually.
TRU is due for a restock. Hopefully it'll be the Shelob wave. ;D  Though they still have a few red-boxed Gollums, Smeagols, and Theodens hanging tough at full price.
Anyway, TRU is where I've done most of my LOTR purchases, and hopefully will be for some time to come.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 23, 2004, 11:56 PM »
I got the Fell Beast earlier in the week.  I've yet to open it, but the wingspan is supposed to be 32", so it's definitely going to take up a little bit of room.

The new pics look nice.  Galadriel look incredible!  The scene where Frodo offers her the One Ring is totally underrated, and amazingly Toy Biz did something really cool with it.

I like the Gil Galad figure a lot.  Thing is, how long do we even see him in the Prologue?  The shots are pretty quick!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #779 on: July 24, 2004, 12:04 AM »
I think he's in one shot, exactly.  It's been a while, so I'm not sure.  I worry too about the viability of the line next year, but I think it's reached SW status now, without all the gross overstock baggage SW comes with.  So it may still be appealing to retailers.