Author Topic: Diorama Bits...  (Read 9697 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Diorama Bits...
« Reply #15 on: August 4, 2005, 05:07 PM »
Y'know, if someone really wants ideas on a small item to mass produce and sell, the red stuffed cantina chairs would be great.  They could be sold as "Space Lounge Chairs."  One could also make the little round bar tables with the lights in the center.

I know he'd get my business if he made a bunch of generic sci-fi stuff.

The next most obvious suggestion seems to be to be something like computers or control panels.

I'm sure the SW builders and even the GI Joe diorama makers would be all over something like that.

Hell, I'd buy anything sci-fi...furniture and accoutrements of any kind.

MUST BUILD DIORAMAS!!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #16 on: August 4, 2005, 09:57 PM »
Y'know, if someone really wants ideas on a small item to mass produce and sell, the red stuffed cantina chairs would be great.  They could be sold as "Space Lounge Chairs."  One could also make the little round bar tables with the lights in the center.

You mean like these?

I made these a while back.  The originals for these were made from pvc and sculpey and the final versions are casts from the sculpts.  I've always been iffy on whether people would really want these...
« Last Edit: August 4, 2005, 09:58 PM by tykrazen »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 6, 2005, 06:02 AM »

My mind is always in the gutter.   :)

I still can't believe they haven't made those Tonnika brats yet.  They did release one as a micro figure, so that whole "rights thing" is a bunch of crap as far as I'm concerned.

:P

Not much likeness on a galoob figure though, I think at that size its just character based and needs lucasfilm approval. but we can hope.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 6, 2005, 12:07 PM »
I know, all that damn rights crap!   >:(

Hopefully she'll be in a 2006 line.  I think I read that one of them would be?

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 05:57 AM »
Okay, got my Build A Rama stuff today.

SLIGHTLY disappointed, as the items are a trifle smaller than I was expecting.

The boxes are a bit on the small side and the "generator" really isn't what I was hoping for.  On its side, it's only about waist height for 1/18th scale figures.  It's more like the size of a computer console, but doesn't feel quite bit enough to really serve as a generator or engine, like I was hoping.

It looks pretty good (the paint feels a tad sticky, though).  Not sure it was worth the $25 I shelled out for both items, but now that I've bought 'em, I will at least try to put them to good use.

If I had to do it over, though, I'd skip the generator.  Again, it's just a size issue, really.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 11:00 AM »
Hmmm... sounds kinda iffy... are you going to post any pics later though?

I think you should contact Owen at www.owenscustoms.com... in my experience you can't find anyone better for diorama set ups.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 01:06 PM »
Hmmm... sounds kinda iffy... are you going to post any pics later though?

I think you should contact Owen at www.owenscustoms.com... in my experience you can't find anyone better for diorama set ups.

I'll try to post pics at some point.  Still working on the new photonovel chapter, which I hope to have up by Monday.

Alas, having bought these, AND the Jedi V. Sith pack AND Anakin Evolutions AND just having become unemployed (again!), I need to put a serious moratorium on toy buying for a while.....