Author Topic: Return of the Beast Assortments  (Read 26052 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Return of the Beast Assortments
« on: July 31, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Just wondering, is there interest in new Beast Assortments?  I'd be up for it... here's some ideas.  Obviously some of these they won't make, I'm just throwing some ideas out there -

Eopie w/ Qui Gon Jinn (rehash) -

Orray w/ Geonosian (all new) -

Aiwha w/ Kaminoian (all new) -

Gelagrub w/ Clonetrooper (all new) -

Bantha w/ Tusken (rehash w/ new Tusken) -

Dewback w/ Sandtrooper (new sculpt) -

Ronto w/ Jawa (new sculpt) -

Taun Taun (new sculpt, new Han and Luke) -

Rancor w/ Gamorrean (rehash w/ new Gamorrean) -

Sarlacc Creature w/ Skiff Guard (all new) -

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Return of the Beast Assortments
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 11:27 PM »
Sure. I missed out on many of the beasties in their first go-rounds, so I would be quite happy if they repacked:

Acklay
Bantha -- old or new rider
Eopie (is there anyone that does NOT want this??) -- variants with Qui-Gon or Ben
Nexu
Rancor
Reek
Wampa -- Saga1 Ultra

Some potential new creatures:

Blurrg with prison wagon -- from Ewoks: Battle For Endor TV movie
Colo claw fish
Felucia gelagrub
new Jabba based on 04 DVD version of Docking Bay 94
Kaadu -- needs a resculpt methinks
Mustafarian lava flea
Naboo shaak (maybe)

I think the POTF2 ronto and particularly the dewback hold up pretty well, so I wouldn't be against rereleasing these with new riders and accessories. Maybe a variant dewback equipped like the one seen in Mos Espa in TPM?

I'd also be happy with any sort of tauntaun release. I don't have the old version(s) so I can't definitively say whether it/they need resculpting or not.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 11:29 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Ah, the Blurrg... one of my all time favorite creatures in the Star Wars universe.  If they were to make this, I'd get several.

Man I love that design.  So cool.  Also, Owen D made a great one himself... go to www.owenscustoms.com sometime and check out his work.  He actually makes them from scratch and sells them to interested collectors wanting a unique item.  Here's what his version looks like.  Eventually I'm gonna commission him to make me one -

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: August 1, 2005, 01:01 AM »
I always loved the beasties.  I hope Hasbro finds a way to work some in as we go on, either as exclusives or into the regular line.  I'd like to see all the ones mentioned already, the Eopie especially.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 1, 2005, 07:36 AM »
I'll buy anything that Hasbro put's out in the 3 3/4" line,  but I think I would rather just have the beast itself without the figure because we will invariably get a non-articulated hunk of plastic that isn't good for anything ese other that riding. In general, the beasts have been rather well done, even in the POTF2 days, but the pack-ins have almost always left something to be desired. That's just my opinion.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 1, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I'd actually like to see some beasts come back into the Star Wars line here and there too.  I've always been a fan of them, they seem nice and Star Warsy :).  I think if they kept the pricepoint in check, they'd sell pretty well too...with collectors and their all important market...the kiddos...alike.  I missed a few of the POTF2 offerings as well, so I wouldn't mind seeing some of them repackaged or even retooled a bit.

Bantha w/Tusken
Rancor w/Luke or Gam. Guard
Taun Taun w/Han or Luke
Dewback w/Sandtrooper
Sarlacc

I would lean a little more towards the OT beasts probably, and I have a few of the ones above, but it would be neat to see them out again.  I always thought the POTF2 Bantha looked neat, but I never had one.  My brother did, and it seemed pretty well done.  I think some nicely priced TaunTaun packs with a Luke or Han would sell pretty well with the kiddos.  The Dewback, packed with a new Sandtrooper (Evolutions would be nice, POTJ would be ok too...but it couldn't "ride" it probably) wouldn't be so bad.  They could re-release the Saga Jabba with his Dais in this assortment too :P...although that's not likely.  I don't know if the Max Rebo band would count in a beast assortment, but I wouldn't mind seeing a "box set/cinema scene" style package of these, particularly the "original" members.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 1, 2005, 10:52 AM »
All would be welcome except for the Slug and Pit of Carkoon.  I think both of those would fail miserabley.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2005, 11:00 AM »
I dunno... I think maybe if the Slug came with a cool Clone, it might go over well.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: August 1, 2005, 11:01 AM »
To be honest the one i want the most is a Sarlaac pit. I think collectors as well as kids would love it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: August 1, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Bantha w/ Tusken (rehash w/ new Tusken) -
Rancor w/ Gamorrean (rehash w/ new Gamorrean) -

I think the POTF2 ronto and particularly the dewback hold up pretty well, so I wouldn't be against rereleasing these with new riders and accessories. Maybe a variant dewback equipped like the one seen in Mos Espa in TPM?

I'm going to have to say NO to these ideas!

Just say NO to rehashing old beasts with new figures/riders!  I've already got all these and if they re-released them with new figures, then me and all my OCD buddies will have to re-buy stuff we already have to get new figures! 

Nothing sucks more than dropping $20 on something you already have just to get the $5 figure inside.  >:(

AAAAaararggg!  Bad idea! 

If it's not ALL new or ALL old/rehash, then I don't want to see it!   ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 1, 2005, 11:23 AM »
So, what about a creature like the Bantha?  That is pretty much flawless, but the rider could use an update (at least in my opinion).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: August 1, 2005, 11:31 AM »
So, what about a creature like the Bantha?  That is pretty much flawless, but the rider could use an update (at least in my opinion).

They should re-release the existing Bantha without a pack-in (like Darth_Anton said) and then release a SA Tusken Raider w/Gaffi and Rifle that would be capable of riding it at the same time in a Battle of Tatooine wave!  Problem solved!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 1, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Or... how about a Bantha pulling a Pod racer?  I'd be all over that.  With an Ishi Tib or something riding on it.

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 1, 2005, 12:47 PM »
I would like to see the Bantha re-released, and how about a decent Rancor! Other then that, I pass on most of the beasts due to space.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 1, 2005, 01:40 PM »
I'm going to agree with Jeff, I really wouldn't like to pay for another beast just to get a new figure. I'd much rather have the beasts released seperately, with SA counterparts in the themed waves. I think that would make everyone here happy.

And out of Chewie's list, I really only want a Sarlacc. if they did it right, it would own ass on so many levels. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks