Author Topic: Attacktix  (Read 22853 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Attacktix
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2005, 02:00 PM »
At first I wasn't going to get into but now its too late.  After I got several free promos from the Walmart tent event my wife and I have played a few games.  I know they're made for kids but these are so much easier to play with then the minis.  Then while at TRU yesterday we took advantage of the buy a starter get a booster free pack, so it's all down hilll from here.   :P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Well - I wasn't going to collect this line at all - in fact, I was referring to it as Acraptix all over the place.

Then my son saw them in the tent at WalMart...

Then my son saw the special offer for a free booster with a starter set.

Then Peter actually got to fiddle with them...

Now I have half of a complete set of 'em!

:-X

Anyway, yesterday I went with my son to grab a couple more Yodas - two of 'em were for friends who didn't get them last weekend and two more were for us to open. When Matty saw that we could get a booster for free as well, that was all it took and I got a Starter set and and two booster sets to score a free Yoda. Then for the rest of the Yoda figures I bought some booster sets and the talking Yoda...

Anyway. I was surprised that I didn't get more duplicates. We got six booster packs in total and out of it we only got a duplicate Padme and then duplicates of the Battledroid and Super Battledroid. The Battledroid Dupe wasn't even that big of a deal 'cause we got a chrome base version and a regular version.

Out of the six packs we got four chrome base figures - BattleDroid, Plo Koon, Clone Lieutenant and Clonetrooper (#4).

So I guess that figures #1 - #5 are common, figures #6 - #15 are rare and then #16 - #30 are "super" rare. So that means that minimally you'll have to get 15 booster packs to score a complete set (and that's IF you don't end up with any duplicate "super" rares)...

So now I'm left with the thoughts of "WHY DID I START THIS?!?!?!"

We played a game last night and had fun with it. If I wasn't a completist I would just leave it at the 23 figures we have and be done with it, but god-damn my OCD won't let me leave it at that!

One thing I did notice (now I don't know if this is coincidence or not) - we did get a REALLY good mix of stuff:

2x BattleDroid (one Chrome base)
2x SuperBattleDroid
1x Wookie Scout (came with Starter Set)
1x Clone Trooper (w/Chrome base)
1x Clone Trooper
2x Padme Amidala
1x Plo Koon (w/Chrome base)
1x Bail Organa
1x Clone Lieutenant (w/Chrome base)
1x Grievous Bodyguard
1x Darth Vader (#16)
1x Shaak Ti
1x Commander Gree
1x Agen Kolar
1x Emperor
1x Nute Gunray
(and of course the four others that come with the Starter kit)...

Anyway, the six booster packs I bought all came from the same case - I actually bought a box of 'em - they come packed six per case, but they are in an outer box that I guess it meant to be put in a shelf for booster pack dispensing. Since I got all six from the same case, I'm guessing that the lack of Super Rare dupes could be attributed to the fact that it was all from one case -- of course it could be a complete coincidence too...

So now that I've caved on these, how long before I cave on Force Battlers? Bets anyone? That Clone Trooper in Wave 2 looks pretty cool...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Ack!  You guys are dropping like flies in avoiding this line.  Knock it off!  >:(

Otherwise, I'm gonna feel left out and have to collect them too...  So stop with the peer pressure, please.  Thanks.  :-*

I'm sticking with the WOTC minis for now, as that's all the C, UC, R, and VR madness I can possibly handle at this point...

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2005, 03:23 PM »
The sickness continues, just got back from TRU and bought the Boga, AT-RT, another starter with free booster pack, and also got another Holo Yoda. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2005, 03:28 PM »
The sickness continues, just got back from TRU and bought the Boga, AT-RT, another starter with free booster pack, and also got another Holo Yoda. 

See - this is what is killing me right now - I'm fighting the urge to just go back to the TRU near where I work and pick up another case of the Boosters! The little OCD gremlin in my mind is like "You WANT to have all 36 pieces RIGHT NOW! Don't forget, you can get a FREE YODA!!!!"

AAAAAHHHHHH!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2005, 09:20 PM »
Ok - so on the way home from work tonight I went to TRU and they had a palet of stuff waiting to be shelved so I grabbe two more cases of these things (12 booster packs in all) and had them ring them up separately so I got two more Yodas...

So now I have all but 5 of the first 34 figures, and I also have 5 chrome base variants....

Anyway, I started an Attacktix Trading Thread in case anyone is interested in trading their Super Rares or Rares to help complete their sets. I also (unfortunately) ended up with a duplicate Chrome Base figure - #12 Clone Lieutenant so that's up for trade as well...

Tomorrow I'll probably purchase the Attacktix Boga and AT-RT just to finish off the set - that will leave only the Battle Case and then my OCD can rest with regards to this line -- that is until Wave 2 comes out....

I've really done myself in this time!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 11:24 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2005, 11:05 PM »
A lot of people I talked to said the same...avoiding it (me too) but I dunno the chrome bases kinda put a little twist into this little neat collectible.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Ok - well - thanks to a pending trade from JayDouble and my OCD leading to me picking up the Boga, AT-RT and four more Booster Packs this morning (did anyone notice that they are a whole $1 cheaper at WalMart? I'm definitely buying any more I get there!), I now have a complete set except for:

#30 Yoda - who is a "Super Rare" figure.

I'm tempted to just pick him up on eBay. I don't know how far I'm going to go with these chrome figures. I have six so far (and two duplicates for trade) - I think getting a set of Chrome variants is going to be next to impossible. Out of 22 Booster packs that I've opened, I haven't gotten a single Super Rare Chome Variant   :(

As C-3PO would say - "this is madness!"
Peter

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2005, 11:13 AM »
Ok - well - thanks to a pending trade from JayDouble and my OCD leading to me picking up the Boga, AT-RT and four more Booster Packs this morning (did anyone notice that they are a whole $1 cheaper at WalMart? I'm definitely buying any more I get there!), I now have a complete set except for:

#30 Yoda - who is a "Super Rare" figure.

I'm tempted to just pick him up on eBay. I don't know how far I'm going to go with these chrome figures. I have six so far (and two duplicates for trade) - I think getting a set of Chrome variants is going to be next to impossible. Out of 22 Booster packs that I've opened, I haven't gotten a single Super Rare Chome Variant   :(

As C-3PO would say - "this is madness!"

I would just consider any Silver bases you get as a bonus...
you`ll go crazy trying to get them all, or spend to much $$$ on eBay.
Yep, Wal-Mart is the place for these price wise, unless you need another Holo
Yoda or starter pack this week, then its TRU I suppose.

I really like these, wish I had someone to play against! I tried to get the wife
to do battle, but thats just not gonna happen, lol.  For now I`ll just shoot
the missiles and let the cat bring them back to me, he loves it.

Adam

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2005, 12:02 PM »
I really like these, wish I had someone to play against! I tried to get the wife
to do battle, but thats just not gonna happen, lol.  For now I`ll just shoot
the missiles and let the cat bring them back to me, he loves it.

I didn't like these and was almost insistent on not liking these until my son got a couple of promo baggied ones at WalMart during the tent event. We shot the missiles at each other and I was amazed at how strong the missile blast is! I had originally thought that these things would be weak, but the springs in the weapons really pack a punch.

If I didn't have my son to "battle" with then I don't think I would have ever even given these a chance...
Peter

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Pete, remember if you pick up the Boga and AT-RT don't forget about spending $5 more to get a free Holo Yoda.  I played with the Boga last night and it just owns everyone.  Takes out the AT-RT in one swipe, because it can hit both targets at once.  They should've probably put the targets on the side for the AT-RT.  On a gaming note, does the AT-RT get to fire all 4 missles on its turn?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 10:54 PM by JayDouble »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2005, 07:44 AM »
Pete, remember if you pick up the Boga and AT-RT don't forget about spending $5 more to get a free Holo Yoda.  I played with the Boga last night and it just owns everyone.  Takes out the AT-RT in one swipe, because it can hit both targets at once.  They should've probably put the targets on the side for the AT-RT.  On a gaming note, does the AT-RT get to fire all 4 missles on its turn?

Hey Jay - yeah - I picked up both the AT-RT and the Boga along with another Booster Pack to score my sixth free Yoda yesterday on my way home from work!

My son and I aren't sure about how the AT-RT gun works. Does it mean you get four shots per turn with that thing? If it does, you could literally play with one side having JUST the AT-RT. I wonder if there is any info on the "Ask the Expert" page over on www.attacktix.com?
Peter

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2005, 03:31 PM »
I'm working on some of the chromes. Right now, as far as the chromes I have:

Plo Koon

on the way:
Emperor
Vader
Shaak Ti
Clone Leiutenant
Clone Trooper
Padme
Super Battle Droid

wondering if I should shell it and go for the entire set or not.

Might wait to see what happens to the prices, lucked out and got a few early on pretty cheap-the real HTF ones like Vader/Emperor/Yoda seem kinda hot all of a sudden on ebay right now.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2005, 01:36 AM »
Anyone have an idea on the ratio to get chromes?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Anyone have an idea on the ratio to get chromes?

Well - I was able to purchase them as a case - six booster packs in the larger box.

From the three cases that yielded six chrome variants. However, I ended up with two Chrome Battledroids and two Chrome Clone Lieutenants.  :(

Anyway - so my rough estimate of them is roughly 2 chrome figures per un-touched case.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 08:43 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter