Author Topic: NHL 2005-06  (Read 87464 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2005-2006 Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 6, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Agreed - neck injuries, especially a vertebral fracture, are never good.  Scary actually.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #331 on: March 8, 2006, 09:08 PM »
There go the goalies!

- Goalie Swap for the Habs and Avs

- Dale, hope your squad enjoys Roli the Goalie

- a few other minor deals have been, I expect to see some more big deals as we head into the deadline tomorrow...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 9, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Lots of deals today.  Just got in from playing pick up hockey this morning.  XM's Home Ice was covering all the deals thus far and the last 2 rumors they had from various sources said look for Witt to the Preds and CuJo to Tampa.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 9, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Lots of trades today.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 9, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Glad to have picked up Witt, and we didn't give up **** to get him which is all the better. Too bad he can't make it to Van. tonight.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #335 on: March 9, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Hmmm...

+ RW Mattias Weinhandl (from NYI via waivers)
+ D Martin Skoula (from Dallas)
+ D Shawn Belle  (from Dallas)
+ 1st Round Draft Pick (from Edmonton)

- RW Alexandre Daigle (waivers, now unassigned)
- G Dwayne Roloson (to Edmonton)
- D Willie Mitchell (to Dallas)
- 2nd Round Draft Pick (to Dallas)

Looks like we dumped a few guys who will be unrestricted free agents next year and that's it.  Also, considering we sent Roli to one of the teams ahead of us in the playoff race, I'm assuming that means we are giving up for this year.

I keep hearing lots of talk that the Wild saved their free agent money this year so they would have it to spend next year, but I don't know if I believe that just yet.   :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 9, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Things could be worse....you could be a Leafs fan like me :'(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 9, 2006, 06:17 PM »
Earlier in the season the Bruins trade Thornton, and now they give away Samsonov?  It's a disgusting feeling being a B's fan somedays.  >:( 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 9, 2006, 07:11 PM »
Earlier in the season the Bruins trade Thornton, and now they give away Samsonov?  It's a disgusting feeling being a B's fan somedays.  >:( 

I'm not a Bruins fan, but I do hear and read about them everyday living in Boston.  Just let me tell that sports radio and the papers are absolutely ripping the **** out of that team right now - from ownership all the way down to the players.
Common sense isn't so common

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 9, 2006, 10:46 PM »
Glad to have picked up Witt, and we didn't give up **** to get him which is all the better. Too bad he can't make it to Van. tonight.

Personally I think you overpaid for him.  In the new NHL, I'm not sure what the fascination with a guy like Witt is. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2006, 07:01 AM »
I'm still not sure I like the Colorado-Montreal goalie swap yet. Theodore is a great goalie, and I can't wait until he is healthy again. But I really like Aebischer, hew was one of my favortire players and he has been playing excellent lately. It is going to be sad to see him go. I think he could have had a good career here. I wish they would have at least waited until the end of the year, I guess word on the street is that this deal was only possible because Theodore is hurt though. :-\
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 07:02 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2006, 12:17 PM »
I'm a little surprised at the deal actually.  I like Theodore and Aebisher as goalies both.  Neither is consistently all-star caliber, but both are very dependable at number one with flashes of brilliance. 

The big surprise is that Huet is playing so well for Montreal, I have to wonder why they grabbed Aebisher?  For the playoff run?  Well, ok, but Aebisher was in net during the Colorado Cup drives?  Um, no.  So what was the point in giving up Theodore?  Weird.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2006, 12:23 PM »
Considering Theodore won't be back til the playoffs, you gotta wonder if Colorado packed it in for this season.  Its definitely a questionable trade.  I think Montreal got some insurance knowing that Huet is unproven and Aebi is a good solid goalie.  Now they have a nice situation there with 2 solid Gs. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2006, 01:19 PM »
Considering Theodore won't be back til the playoffs, you gotta wonder if Colorado packed it in for this season.  Its definitely a questionable trade.  I think Montreal got some insurance knowing that Huet is unproven and Aebi is a good solid goalie.  Now they have a nice situation there with 2 solid Gs. 

Agreed, Montreal got the better of the deal.  I'd suggest that Theodore, when he's on and healthy, is the better of the two in the trade.  But what's the point of getting him injured?  Next year would be my guess too.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2006, 04:58 PM »
Both Budaj and Kolesnik are both good goalies and very solid backups and they should be able to keep the Avs in the playoff race until Theodore gets healthy again. I definitely don't think they've packed it up. The local papers and the Avs website had sme interviews with Pierre Lacroix (our President and GM) and he said that we are going to be very solid in net for the next few years with Theodore being the goalie of the future and we have two young solid backups in Kolesnik and Budaj. Hopefully this all works out, I seem to remember us getting another big name goalie from Montreal a few years back... :)
"This is the way."