Author Topic: NHL 2005-06  (Read 86966 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2005-2006 Thread
« Reply #390 on: April 19, 2006, 05:06 PM »

West quarters
Wings over Oilers in 6
Avs over Stars in 7
Flames over Ducks in 6
Preds over Sharks in 6

East quarters
Sens over Lightning in 5
Hurricanes over Canadiens in 6
Devils over Rangers in 4
Flyers over Sabres in 7

West semis
Wings over Flames in 7
Avs over Preds in 6

East semis
Hurricanes over Sens in 6
Flyers over Devils in 6

West Finals
Avs over Wings in 7

East Finals
Flyers over Canes in 6

Stanley Cup Finals
Avs over Flyers in 6

Not to be a stickler, but like I said on Brent's picks, the top remaining seeds get the lowest remaining seeds, so everything after your 1st round picks is incorrect and impossible.  

In the West, the #1 Wings would actually play the #7 Avs in the 2nd round, #3 Calgary would face #4 Nashvillle.  In the East, the #1 Sens would face the #5 Flyers and the #2 Canes would face the #3 Devils.  

Sorry, just had to point out the obvious.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 19, 2006, 05:09 PM »
S'ok, I'm living in the past where they set the seeds and it went from there.  You knew which of two teams you were playing in the next round.  Darn new fangled NHL crap.  **** Bettman ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2006, 05:12 PM »
S'ok, I'm living in the past where they set the seeds and it went from there.  You knew which of two teams you were playing in the next round.  Darn new fangled NHL crap.  **** Bettman ;)

Actually it's been that way for awhile now.  They changed it right around the time they went to generic conferences and the top 3 seeds going to division champs thing.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2006, 05:30 PM »
See, Bettman.  You take away the tradition first by taking away the conference names and make them something lame and simple like East ::)  What's next, a puck with a blue streak or some bull**** like that?

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2006, 06:43 PM »
See, Bettman.  You take away the tradition first by taking away the conference names and make them something lame and simple like East ::)  What's next, a puck with a blue streak or some ******** like that?

LOL.  When I was at the Wings game last week, some guy next to me said he couldn't see the puck and his buddy made a crack like "Want me to get the Fox track on that for you?"  I hated that damn thing.

I hope at some point the NHL will go back to the traditional conference and division names.  Hell, they still award the Campbell Bowl and Wales Trophy as is (no name change) so why not drop the East and West labels?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Not to be a stickler, but like I said on Brent's picks, the top remaining seeds get the lowest remaining seeds, so everything after your 1st round picks is incorrect and impossible. 

In the West, the #1 Wings would actually play the #7 Avs in the 2nd round, #3 Calgary would face #4 Nashvillle.  In the East, the #1 Sens would face the #5 Flyers and the #2 Canes would face the #3 Devils. 

Sorry, just had to point out the obvious.

I place the blame on Brent. I just copied his post and switched the teams. ;)

I don't know why but for some reason I was thinking the bracket was set up different too, like our was in the fantasy football league.

I guess I'll have to redo those at some point...
"This is the way."

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2006, 11:17 PM »
TSN can lick my balls! Their Power Rankings this week aren't quite as insane as last week (Preds ranked 20th last week is proof Canada hates us). I'm shocked they actually listed us ahead of Edmonton this time.

I also love how the Wings just "mailed in" that loss last night because they sat Legace, Lidstrom, and Zetterburg. Why not go ahead and blame it on Datsyuk being out too. Oh wait, we were without Vokoun, Sullivan, Zidlicky, Perreault, and Witt. It's not even worth mentioning Hordichuk and Fiddler sat too. Was it a pointless game in the standings? Definitely. Do I believe for a second the Wings wanted to lose to us with the scrub lines we were running and a career minor leaguer goalie? Not a chance.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 11:21 PM by jjks »

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2006, 11:29 PM »
TSN can lick my balls! Their Power Rankings this week aren't quite as insane as last week (Preds ranked 20th last week is proof Canada hates us). I'm shocked they actually listed us ahead of Edmonton this time.

I also love how the Wings just "mailed in" that loss last night because they sat Legace, Lidstrom, and Zetterburg. Why not go ahead and blame it on Datsyuk being out too. Oh wait, we were without Vokoun, Sullivan, Zidlicky, Perreault, and Witt. It's not even worth mentioning Hordichuk and Fiddler sat too. Was it a pointless game in the standings? Definitely. Do I believe for a second the Wings wanted to lose to us with the scrub lines we were running and a career minor leaguer goalie? Not a chance.

No one ever just "mails one in."  The only motivation the Wings had was getting out of that game with no injuries.  Everyone plays to win but if you think the Wings brought their A game then you are sadly mistaken amigo.  The Preds needed that win going into the playoffs, the Wings did not.  The Wings just got into serious penalty trouble in the 2nd and considering we were without so many key guys, it was the difference in the game.  I could care less.  The games that matter for my boys start Friday at 7pm EST against Edmonton. 

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 20, 2006, 12:10 AM »
You know you would have been crying if you had come out to see that game instead  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 20, 2006, 12:26 AM »

You are aware that everyone in Canada considers TSN to stand for Toronto Sports Network.  They don't necessarily hate Nashville, they're just sour the Leafs suck.  Yet again. 

They were awful to watch last year with no NHL.  They spent all the time talking about how all the players deserved every cent they made ::)  Blech.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2006, 01:17 PM »
You know you would have been crying if you had come out to see that game instead  ;D

Dude, I'd have been SO pissed if that had been the game I went out for.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 21, 2006, 11:17 PM »
MALTBY!!!!  HUGE win to start the series.  The Wings have battled like that all season though.  In recent years past, they would have dropped that game (i.e. series against the Ducks.)  Legace made some amazing saves as well. 

My complaint: the officials totally swallowed the whistles in OT.  That's a bad start to the post season officiating especially after they made that roughing call (a good call BTW) on Shanny with 2 mins to go in the 3rd. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 21, 2006, 11:25 PM »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2006, 11:06 AM »
Man, if the Roli the Goalie that showed up for that Game against the Wings was the same one that played for us, we wouldn't have had to trade him and we would have made he playoffs...  :-\

He did his best to keep the Oilers in it, too bad they let him down.   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 22, 2006, 09:13 PM »
Kirk Maltby?  Damn, I didn't take him in my pool :-X