Author Topic: NHL 2005-06  (Read 86954 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2005-2006 Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2006, 06:46 PM »
I ran out at lunch and grabbed tickets to this Thursdays game against Colorado, as well as next Thursday vs. the Wings. Looking forward to both, and seeing what NKOTB Sillinger can do for us.

I expect at least pictures from you from that game.  Wish I could make it out and join you.

Those "Dead Wings" happen to be tops in the West there Jeffrey.  Show some respect.    ;)

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2006, 08:49 PM »
See, what happens?  Jeff spoke ill of the Wings and it is now 4-0 Wings after 1.   ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2006, 08:54 PM »
See, what happens?  Jeff spoke ill of the Wings and it is now 4-0 Wings after 1.   ;D
'bout time they started up again, they've been killing me of late.  Them and Atlanta.  Damn mid-season slumps. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2006, 11:31 PM »

Wow, what a fun game!

Detroit 4, Wild 0 after the first
Detroit 4, Wild 3 after the second
Detroit 5, Wild 4 after the third  :(

The Wild lose, but I was impressed as all hell they got back in the game enough to make the third period matter.  Detroit came out flat in the second (hey, they were leading 4-0) and the Wild snuck back in the game with some pretty ugly goals (although Gabby's was nice).

Wild lost, but it was blast!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Glad you had fun Jeff.  I was glad to see Osgood get yanked cause the goals were soft.  Gaborik's was legit though.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 3, 2006, 01:52 PM »
Fun Preds game to go to last night, and definitely always a blast to see us beat Colorado.  Refs were absolutely awful, I've never seen the crowd get onto them that bad before. GEC erupted after each intermission when they first took the ice. Sully's breakaway was a thing of beauty, and a great way to come back and win the game though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #306 on: February 6, 2006, 02:54 AM »
Pens had a rally over the weekend that, unfortunately in a way, got overshadowed due to the Steelers and their weekend, but the Pens rally got a lot of support and local sports teams are throwing a lot of backing to the Pens...  It's all to put political pressure on Governor Rendell to give the Slots License to Lemieux's backers...

There's a lot of bi-partisan support so that's good but it's all local.  It should be, however Rendell isn't local so he may not "care" quite as much.  I dunno.  We'll see how things go.  I maintain optomism, but it is getting close to crunch time I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 6, 2006, 02:19 PM »
Man, forgot to come in and comment on that awesome Wings SHUTOUT of Colorado.  It put such a big smile on my face.   ;D 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 8, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Black eye for the NHL.

Pete Rose? 

Conspiracy theory: rattle Gretzky before the Olympics? 

The end of a marriage?

Read the story :P

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 12, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Wings spank the Avs yet again and SWEEP the season series!  Gotta love it!  Wings are tops in the league at the break with 83 points. 

Offline Ian_C

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Bothan Spy
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2006, 01:03 AM »
Black eye for the NHL.

Pete Rose? 

Conspiracy theory: rattle Gretzky before the Olympics? 

The end of a marriage?

Read the story :P

I don't see the big deal.

So far, no evidence anyone bet on NHL games.  It's not against the CBA to bet on other sports.  Why is it so awful that Janet Jones bet on the Super Bowl when millions of other North Americans did?

The only thing I see here is a possible illegal gambling ring by Tocchet.  I highly doubt Gretzky was involved in that if it's the case, although I suspect he probably knew about it.

Aside from Tocchet making himself look bad as an individual, I see no harm here with the evidence presented to this point.

Ian
Moderator - www.thebothanspy.com
Former Admin - www.snowtroopers.ca

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2006, 01:07 AM »
Yep, I agree Ian, but the media north of the border sure aren't presenting it that way.  I don't think most south of the border are even aware and if they are, they're of the same opinion as you - who cares?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2006, 01:15 AM »
They're talking about it a lot around the U.S. I guess.  I know it was something they were talking up on the Stern show for the past couple days, and he's no fan of hockey or sports in general so it's making headlines.

Of course it made headlines bigtime in Pittsburgh because of Tocchet's ties here.  He's remembered fondly, but it's seemingly all over the place, not just in my area.

I think it's the factors though of a major sports figure and a hot ass chick that are garnering the headlines more than anyone giving a **** if athletes are corrupt or not.

Back to the Stern thing for a moment, I agree with him that any chick being that apseshit with betting and gambling really loses a lot of "hotness" in my eyes.  It isn't "cute" gambling anymore and goes to a whole new level of unattractiveness.  It's like a girl being a little buzzed compared to being a sloppy ass drunk.  Really knocked her down some pegs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ian_C

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Bothan Spy
« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2006, 01:50 AM »
JJ, was that referring to Gretzky's wife?  From what I heard, she just made some bets - not like she was some gambling addict.

Everything I've heard from those south of the border is either what my opinions are, or just plain indifference.

Our Canadian media just need something to worry about.  ::)

Ian
Moderator - www.thebothanspy.com
Former Admin - www.snowtroopers.ca

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2006, 03:50 AM »
I've heard she bet like $500k in a very short span or some such (I haven't followed it too closely), which irregardless of how much you have financially that smacks of gambling addict to me.  Not just the cute chick playing a game of craps for kicks or some such...  it's just a turn off really.

Like I heard she put like a really high ammount on the coin toss in the super bowl, and bet $75k on the game itself or something?  I'm not sure...  That seems pretty out of control to me though.  If I was Gretzky I wouldn't want that setting an impression upon my kids, I dunno.