Author Topic: NEW TIE Fighter  (Read 44069 times)

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
Re: NEW TIE Fighter
« Reply #15 on: August 2, 2005, 09:24 PM »
wow I can't wait to get my hands on a few of thoses.  Man do they look good.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 2, 2005, 09:44 PM »
I'm not sure what to think by the pictures...  TIE's are rather small ships, so I'll reserve judgement till I can actually measure it myself and compare to ILM #'s as far as how accurately scaled the solar panels are.

Some shots make it look off, others make it look at least incredibly near to correct if not accurate.  Just tough to say. 

The Pilot's lame if that's what we're getting.

If it's off, Hasbro's a bunch of douchebags though...  At this stage of the game, it's just excuseless considering any ammount it is off isn't HUGE, and could easily have been done properly.  Like the 12" line though, Hasbro's not been reliable with ships all the time.

BTW, for the curious, the TIE's have always been intended to be a blue hue from their original concepts on, but were changed to grey to accomodate the effects process.  As things were advanced though, they reverted to the blue in ESB and ROTJ as was intended.  EU doesn't touch on it much at all I don't believe, but I've seen people make the excuse that the TIE's go through a transformation where their alloys are comprised of different materials (stronger) on the later models so the greys of ANH are earlier weaker structures... 
« Last Edit: August 2, 2005, 09:47 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: August 2, 2005, 10:19 PM »
Wow, I never knew that about the color. Thanks for that little tidbit Jesse, I always wondered why they looked different.  :)

I too will reserve judgment until I see more pictures of them or the product itself, but if it is correct count me in for a couple. Even if it is incorrect I'll pick up one, I need another TIE or two.

And it better come with the SAGA pilot, I am so sick and tired of hasblow reissuing older figures when new and better sculpts are availible, I.E. the POTF2 snowtroopers in the battle 5 packs, Cantina Han, the repaints of the #6 clone when there is a much better #41 clone availible, etc., etc. etc. It's not like it costs any more, and if it does it can't be that significant.
"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #18 on: August 3, 2005, 12:35 AM »
yeah the pictures are a bit askew, but then again they're really not of a great quality. though it sure does look pretty close to me in terms of scale as the first picture seems to imply they may have shortened the pylons. it would be nice if this saw a wider distribution than just being an exclusive, cause I think it has the ability to sell quite nicely. of course they need to swap out the modified POTF2 pilot for the far superior SAGA pilot as SLC indicated. hopefully we'll see loose pics soon, with a verification of what pilot comes with it and when it will be at retail.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: August 3, 2005, 02:20 AM »
I'm sure I'll buy one, but if it's a Target exclusive, it's going to be a pain to find.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 3, 2005, 07:51 AM »
Now I gotta replace my old TIE's. :P

I think it's looking nice. Even if the scale isn't exact, which it isn't since it's the same cockpit, it's still going to be close which is good enough for me. Seriously though, I'm going to have to re-size my hanger bay. :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #21 on: August 3, 2005, 10:51 AM »
They should do a paint variation with the light grey from ANH. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 3, 2005, 06:53 PM »

The Pilot's lame if that's what we're getting.

From the front pic, it looks like we're getting a POTF2 pilot.  From the back pic, it looks like we're getting OTC.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 4, 2005, 12:44 AM »
I do hope it's the one on the back.  Either way I'll still get two of these probably, but packing in that old sculpt would be pretty senseless.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: August 4, 2005, 07:15 PM »
The cockpit's actually pretty close, if not accurate to-scale.  Though the cockpit ball scale tends to vary a bit depending on what source is looked at.

It's a small piece though, and the original Kenner sculpt was pretty accurate in scale and detail aside from the light piece and the battery box of course.  Hasbro's retooling of it made it perfect to me.

The cockpit's opening though is in dispute...  I'm ok with it as-is though.  It'd be better/sturdier if it were one-piece and flipped backwards like the Vader's TIE resculpt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline T16skyhopp

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 4, 2005, 09:14 PM »
i still wish they get rid of the ancient battery pack and sculpt us a freaking engine.... >< grrrrr

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #26 on: August 4, 2005, 10:01 PM »
"... i still wish they get rid of the ancient battery pack and sculpt us a freaking engine...."

They did, the TIE tha KB had last year has the proper little hole for the engine.  The batterypack is gone.  This ne sculpt will have the updated engine area.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 4, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Finally, a new TIE. I dont have one so i'll definitly scoop this bad boy up.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 5, 2005, 10:42 AM »
"... i still wish they get rid of the ancient battery pack and sculpt us a freaking engine...."

They did, the TIE tha KB had last year has the proper little hole for the engine.  The batterypack is gone.  This ne sculpt will have the updated engine area.

Same thing for the OTC release. This new cockpit should be the new standard.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 5, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Nope, OTC had the battery pack. Or atleast, I'm pretty sure it did.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -