Author Topic: NEW TIE Fighter  (Read 44060 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: NEW TIE Fighter
« Reply #150 on: September 4, 2005, 12:41 AM »
I've gone to 3 different Targets probably 9 of the past 10 days looking for one of these.  Damnit.  I should just ask an employee about the DCPI number I guess.

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 5, 2005, 02:34 AM »
I got mine at the first store I went to using the DCPI.

And I like the new wings very much.  Even though the price was way too high - for $40.00 we should at least get the better pilot.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 5, 2005, 10:47 AM »
I got mine at the first store I went to using the DCPI.

And I like the new wings very much.  Even though the price was way too high - for $40.00 we should at least get the better pilot.

Ohmigod, I had no idea this was $40.  ****.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 6, 2005, 09:04 AM »
Still no sign of the TIEs around here.  One of our Targets has the DCPI scanner, and I checked it this weekend, and none in stock/stockroom.  Things tend to run a little bit behind at that Target anyways though, so hopefully it is still coming.  Really not much new Star Wars wise for quite awhile around here, a bit of a drought I guess.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 6, 2005, 11:17 AM »
Really not much new Star Wars wise for quite awhile around here, a bit of a drought I guess.

Same here, with TRU, KB, Target.  Target hasn't put out anything new since June.  Walmart has been outstanding though, the lone shining light.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 6, 2005, 03:14 PM »
I agree.  If it wasn't for Walmart, I might not even collect Star Wars figures.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 6, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Its been different here, although no store has been very spectacular for the past few weeks.  The last new figures I found (Antilles, Zett, Utapaun Warrior) was at Target, but that was awhile ago.  I also found the 500th Vader and Anakin Evolutions set at the same Target, but those have no shown up at Wal-Mart too (although the evolutions are sold out at both now I think).  Basic figures have been in a dry spell everywhere lately though, but Target does seem to have more room to restock soon.  Wal-Mart's Star Wars pegs are literally overflowing with the usual suspects (Neimodian, Palpy, Clone Pilot, Mas, etc.) and unless those get clearanced out, I don't see that changing.  But, like I said, no store has been very strong lately.  Absolutely no sign of the Obi-Wan Pilot wave, the clone repaints, or other Evolution sets anywhere.  I'm becoming a little concerned about those, as well as the "Final 12" wave...and also getting the rest of the ROTS cleared off the pegs for the new line in 2006.  We'll see though, I don't think the pegwarming problem is near what it was for AOTC and TPM though, at least around here.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 6, 2005, 04:09 PM »
If it wasn't for Walmart, I might not even collect Star Wars figures.

Well, we wouldn't aquire them at retail anyhow.  One thing I know proof positive without a doubt, you and I are both addicts and junkies, and we are not alone by any means in these forums.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 6, 2005, 04:25 PM »
True, but over the past 10 years I know that at least 95% of the stuff I've found has been at Walmart.  Back in college from 1996-1998 was probably the determining factor of my collecting Star Wars to the extent I do now.  And if it wasn't for Walmart's cheaper prices and better selection, I would have just given up before I got in over my head like I have now.   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #159 on: September 7, 2005, 02:54 AM »
For me I'd say Target and WM have run neck & neck (and with Target now getting the variant Clones they'll likely be making a comeback against WM for me).  TRU's been the odd duck out this time around, but not terribly so.  I've bought there just not nearly as much...  KM and KB I've bought nothing unless it was nicely priced or exclusive.  They've been rough to stomach during E3's toy run.

The tide between Target and WM shifts.  Recently found the Pilot Obi wave in its entirety at WM and that's cool...  The last things I got at Target were SA Clones though a while back but they were the only ones with anything at that time.  Seems like when one's dry the other isn't...  TRU mixes in there too as I found a lotta stuff there now that I think about it, but ind ribs and drabs.  Never hitting the motherload like I would at other stores.

I wish KM were more competitive as they have often had stuff but at nearly $8 a figure. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 7, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Funny. Down in southern california, Target far out ranks walmart for having star wars stuff. Walmart typically has bare shelves around here for most of their toys. Target always keeps them stocked with mostly frog warriors. >:(

At $40 for a new TIE, I'm going to be skipping this one. I havn't bought a new ship since the preview anakin starfighter.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #161 on: September 7, 2005, 12:01 PM »
I saw this in person for the first time yesterday--one was just sitting out on the shelf.

It looks really cool--just not $40 worth of cool. I might have even paid $30 for it, but as it is I'll just hope it goes on clearance. :-\
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 7, 2005, 12:34 PM »
It's weird how Target hasn't had any clearances on ep3 stuff at all. They just keep raising the price then lower it again back to its original level. That is why there are so many frogs on the pegs.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 7, 2005, 01:31 PM »
Funny. Down in southern california, Target far out ranks walmart for having star wars stuff. Walmart typically has bare shelves around here for most of their toys. Target always keeps them stocked with mostly frog warriors. >:(

Maybe at your 'part' of southern california- in my part east of the san bernardino mtns Wal Mart is King- Sure we go to Target for exclusives but Wal Mart is where I've spent 80% of my money this year.

I STILL havn't seen the last wave 54-56 appear at either of our target stores, however- at our Wal Marts they're pegwarming for 4 weeks now, including 48-53 even #41's, bacaras ect. The Wal Mart pegs are finally starting to thin after the product has been sitting there for 4 weeks. Good luck to Target in getting sales on 54-56 since everyone in the Antelope Valley has plenty. All my EVO's at WM..WAYYYY before Target's hit

I'd say my area ratio in money spent looks like this WM 80%, Target 12%, TRU 4%, Kmart 3%, Kay B 1%

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 7, 2005, 01:55 PM »
Sure. The OC goes to Target. The 909 dirt people shop at Walmart.

Wait a minute, my area code is 909. Fortunately chino hills doesn't consider itself part of SB county except in tax rates.  We're just a suburb of Brea. ;D