Author Topic: NEW TIE Fighter  (Read 44272 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NEW TIE Fighter
« Reply #165 on: September 7, 2005, 05:24 PM »
"dirt people"

those 909...what do they work in a mine? I surely can believe you didn't mean ...what like you're better than them? Are you "clean people"?

Was Count Dooku your favorite Sw character..I'm just wondering... ???

Are you just grumpy that you're a year older today?  ;)
Because these insulting posts have been piling up

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 7, 2005, 06:13 PM »
play nice boys  8)

i can say for both areas since i got to school in the OC and live in DB. Target is the best in the OC since there are less Walmarts there. i think theres one near Disneyland and i only been there once and it had nothing.

on the other hand, near the 909/626 area, it seems Walmart is getting more new stuffs than Target. but remember, Walmart had NOTHING prior to the BIG July clone variant hit and only Target had sum stuff.

plus i also think Target now are really strict with their "collectibles" in both areas. Walmart employees just dont care only to fill the pegs.

wait ..this is a topic concerning about the TIE Fighter  ::) oops

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 8, 2005, 10:30 PM »
I found one today, thank God.  It really is impressive, and is my favorite vehicle since the larger scaled X-Wing.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 9, 2005, 12:35 PM »
I found one today, thank God.  It really is impressive, and is my favorite vehicle since the larger scaled X-Wing.

Now the question is, how many are you going to get? ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2005, 12:04 AM »
I don't even collect newer SW stuff anymore (just vintage for me), but I was so stoked to see Hasbro was finally making a TIE with the correct scaled wings.  I visited a Target in the KC area yesterday, and the nice fella in toys made a trip to the stockroom to pull some out.  To me it's well worth the $40.  The only gripe I have is that the wing supports are a bit loose, and because of this it doesn't stand 100% straight up unless you work to get it just right.  Very minor detail though.  Packing in the Saga Pilot instead of the POTF2 Pilot would have been nice, but again I find that to be a very minor detail as I never saw anything wrong with the POTF2 version anyway. 

Kudos to Hasbro for a job well done.  I might even have to get one of the larger-scale X-Wings to go with it.  (Anyone got a cheap one they want to sell me?)   :P

John

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2005, 12:54 AM »
I don't like the price, but it's not deterring me from wanting a 2nd TIE to at least have a flanking flight of 2.   :-\  The ship is just that good.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2005, 08:49 PM »
So, any ideas about what to do with the multiple 1995 mold TIEs that most of us have that were issued about 4 times that look like crap next to the new one?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2005, 09:24 PM »
Anton, I'd love to get a second one.  I'll stop at two of them though.

I think it's a great ship, and one hell of a display item.  It's so damn tall that it's almost overwhelming.  Kudos to Hasbro for making this, but it does suck that they seem to be so rare.

Dressel, I only have one of the old version, and it's going to my wife's classroom for her kiddos to play with.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2005, 09:47 PM »
So, any ideas about what to do with the multiple 1995 mold TIEs that most of us have that were issued about 4 times that look like crap next to the new one?

Do what I'm doing with mine:  Stick a TIE Pilot inside and give it to an underprivileged child this holiday season.  Our trash could bring a lot of happiness to someone else.   :)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2005, 12:31 AM »
Well played Michael- I suppose to the Kids survived from the Hurricanes who've lost everything :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2005, 09:31 AM »
That's kinda what I'm doing with my old one as it's going to that classroom.  It's a class room for mentally disabled children, who most of them are considered very lower class families.  Every once in a while, I'll give her about 10 or so loose figures to bring to her classroom.  It's a small class.  Sometimes she'll let them keep the figures, but she keep some in a toy box for them too.

I gave her one of the nice FX Xwings once, and they lost the guns to it within a week.   ;)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2005, 01:46 PM »
I picked up the new TIE today at Target. **** this thing is huge. Is it worth the $40? The new wings and the pilot would probably make the origianol $20 price tag go up to about $30 so i'd say no.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2005, 09:27 AM »
I saw a couple of these at Target this past weekend, but wasn't able to pick it up quite yet.  Hopefully they will still be there after payday this week.  Just looking at it on the shelf though, man it really is as HUGE as everyone has been saying.  I couldn't believe how big it looked, they had the boxes sitting sideways on the shelf just to fit them in their allotted space.  Looked pretty nice though, and although my wife probably doesn't understand why I need ones just because it has different wings ;)...I hope to get one in the next couple of weeks.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2005, 11:37 AM »
I think it's the best vehicles in 2005... either that or the ARC-170.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2005, 12:13 PM »
I think it's the best vehicles in 2005... either that or the ARC-170.

I think that pretty much all of the vehicles this year in the 20 and up range have been stellar and well worth the money.  I've become a huge fan of the ROTS Jedi Starfighters, and the Droid Tri-Fighter was a favorite from the moment I got it.  The TIE has the coolness factor going for it, as well as the accuracy factor, and aside from a few minor points (the POTF2 pack-in which didn't bother me that much honestly, and the inflated price), I think it continues the trend of great vehicles this year.

A question for everyone though:  I know I mentioned earlier in this thread that one of the cannons on my TIE was partially unpainted (one is silver with a red tip and the other just has the red tip on the unpainted blue plastic) and I wondered if it was a factory error on mine.  The other day, I was looking at the photos accompanying the GH review (presumably of Mike Sullenger's TIE) and his had this same "flaw."  Does everyone else's TIE have this same problem, and if so, is it really a flaw in the toy and not an accuracy that I just never noticed on the film props themselves?