Author Topic: Anyone Else Bored?  (Read 7319 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Else Bored?
« Reply #15 on: September 1, 2005, 12:31 PM »
I'm more overwealmed/exhausted than bored. With exclusives, battlepacks, new basic, more exclusives coming out later this year, Its overwealming! :P
« Last Edit: September 1, 2005, 12:32 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: September 1, 2005, 03:55 PM »
I'm not bored at all. I'm really enjoying collecting right now, except for $20 exclusive rainbow cloes and and all the other overpirced exclusives. It wouldn't be so bad if they were all a normal price. But other than that, I finally have a bit of money, I've been opening everything, not just buying extras when I can. I have kind of kicked the completist in me and I've skipped a few ROTS figures, both R2s, the SBD, C-3PO (and that's because I saw him twice), Exploding Grievous, Destroyer droid, and the Second Obi-Wan and Yoda. Other than that, I have been able to pick up extras of stuff fro customizing and I finally am doing some real army building. I have close to 40 #41 clones, 6 #6 Shocktroopers, 4 Tank gunners, 4 grey pilots and 1 black, 1 Clone evolution set, 10 red commanders and 2 green ones, 2 regular Bacarras, 1 SA Bacarra custom, 2 AT-RT drivers, and 5 #6 clones. I've never even come close to that before.

I go on case busting runs at the 24hr Wally every night so I get almost whatever I want, as long as they get it in. I have finally been able to help out fellow local collectors who have helped me out countless times. I really excited for SAGA 2 it will be great replacing some crappy POTF2 figures with good resculpts.

I have also been doing a lot of customizing, which I really enjoy. CHEWIE's Customizing Challenge is something I look forward to every month.

I finally feel free, I just buy what I want and skip what I don't, this has been a really great year for me collecting wise. And I hope it keeps up.
"This is the way."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: September 1, 2005, 06:07 PM »
I think a lot of other folks are bored here locally too, since there's six or seven of the regular white #6 that have been hanging around for a week or two now.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: September 1, 2005, 08:32 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm bored with the figures, but I may curb my collecting towards the end of the ROTS line.

I'm just more interested in the MR mini sabers, and looking forward to the Sideshow 12" line.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 1, 2005, 09:39 PM »
I wish I was board, maybe I'd cut back then. I think there's too much to keep an eye for to be board and the figures just keep getting better.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #20 on: September 1, 2005, 11:37 PM »
It's easy to become bored when there's no product.  At all.  Target has been the only store getting in new stuff, but it's stuff like the Evolutions and Battle Packs (nothing to sneeze at).  No new figures, since late June.  No lie.

I take that back: Ben did find an Utapau guy and Antillies at WM.  But then he snorts holographic girls, so who's to say what he REALLY found...  ;)
« Last Edit: September 1, 2005, 11:38 PM by Spuffy »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: September 2, 2005, 12:50 AM »
The PVC makes my brain cells happy.  :) Then it kills them.

I found Antilles and the Utapaun dude, but I attribute that to a Wal-Mart toy dept. that ACTUALLY STOCKS TOYS, or they just let them out of the stockroom on accident. The shelves here are so ******* bare. I can't believe any retail establishment that's come as far as WM has would allow such a thing.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2005, 12:52 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: September 2, 2005, 10:22 PM »
Bored with the 2006 Saga Collection already?  Uh, no.  Hasn't even started yet, but when it does, I'll be amped to get my grubby mitts on some "new" OT product finally.

Or were we talking about being bored with the current ROTS lineup (in which case we should probably move this thread over there)?  Assuming that's actually what we're getting at, I guess the line itself right now is definitely rather boring, and will be getting worse when the final 12 hit, but I wouldn't say that the collecting aspect of things is boring, at least not to me personally.  It never is, as long as there's **** out there that I still can't find, and am kept on my toes hunting around trying to track those last few elusive items down.  I guess the "thrill of the hunt" usually keeps things interesting for me.

But the current, and upcoming, ROTS product certainly doesn't excite me all that much.  Happy to get an OT Tie and several cup sets out there right now, so at least the tide is finally changing just a bit.

But I'm happy for the relative slowdown going on right now.  Things were just too crazy hectic there for quite a while.  Couldn't stay caught up for more than a day or two before new stuff hit, so a brief breather from time to time is always refreshing.  But then again, so is ALL-NEW product, so hopefully that'll be happening sometime in the not too distant future as well...  :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 5, 2005, 02:40 AM »
Still bored with most of the ROTS stuff - I've been leaving army builders galore on the shelves... I've only bought a pair of AT-RT Drivers even though I'd like to pick up around 20.... I've left dozens of SA Clones behind as of late.

The only thing that I am consistently excited about and buying all that I can find is the Evolutions Clone pack - three fantastic figures in that one.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 6, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Like SLC said, I think that customizing is a great way to cure collecting boredom.  You find yourself getting emersed into the hobby like never before, and all of a sudden you realize that there's more to collecting than what Hasbro puts out.

:P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 8, 2005, 12:03 PM »
For me, I think I'm getting there with Hasbro.  I'm seriously entertaining selling off the majority of my Hasbro stuff and moving on to more high end collectibles - Kubrick, Mini Busts and getting my Lego collection out of storage and displayed.  I look at my boxes of unused figures that I have no use for and wonder why I bought all of them.  I know if I sell them, I'm not going to get much for them, but anything is better than nothing, especially if they're just taking up space. 

I'd keep some of the Hasbro stuff, but most of it would go.  I guess what's stopping me is that I really don't have the time to categorize everything I'd want to sell and put a price to it.  I guess I could put lots on ebay and what I get, I get. 
Common sense isn't so common