Author Topic: Target Exclusive Slave 1 w/Boba Fett  (Read 25434 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Question Regarding Target Slave 1
« Reply #30 on: August 4, 2005, 08:45 PM »
What was the final verdict on this freakin thing.  Did Hasbro ever end up shipping with the correct accessories for the Fett?  Did anyone actually find one?  And how many people received replacement parts here on the forum who complained to Hasbro?  I sent a letter within a week of this thing being released (even though at the time I did not have one) and did not here dick back ???

Merged ya' in with the other Slave 1 yappers here, Jim.  ;)  My recollection is what Michael just mentioned, that they supposedly eventually started including the missles INSIDE the package somewhere, and not on the Fett figure itself.  That would certainly explain why I NEVER once saw a Fett with Missle, even much later on.

Like the dumbass that I am, I still haven't opened my opener Slave-1 yet, so I can't even confirm that a missle is included in there, or not.  Granted, I picked both of mine up pretty early on, so I may not have the missle regardless.  Hopefully someone else who found a Slave-1 later on in the run, and ripped it open, can enlighten us on what the hell ever happened with this issue, 'cause I'd like to find out as well...
« Last Edit: August 4, 2005, 08:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2004 Target Exclusive Slave 1 w/Boba Fett
« Reply #31 on: August 4, 2005, 10:27 PM »
What was the final verdict on this freakin thing. Did Hasbro ever end up shipping with the correct accessories for the Fett? Did anyone actually find one?

Well, yes Hasbro did ultimately ship the Slave 1 with the missile, BUT you had to open it to find out...

I have heard legendary tales of people who found one (with missile) in the second, closer to Christmas shipment...

BUT, of those who DID find it the Slave 1 with Missile, the backpack missile was packed INSIDE the box, with the rest of the vehicle accessories.

In other words, there is no way to tell if it has a missile or not by looking at it.

In order to find out if it has the missile, you have to (gasp), OPEN IT.

Therefore, it will be nigh impossible to nab one of each variation because there is currently no way to tell them apart without opening them.  And once they are open, well, they are no longer packaged, right?

I personally know of at least TWO people who found one and both times the backpack missile was packed inside the box.

And how many people received replacement parts here on the forum who complained to Hasbro? I sent a letter within a week of this thing being released (even though at the time I did not have one) and did not here dick back ???

I was one of the lucky folks who received a replacement missile from Hasbro...  I heard of a few others, but I heard a lot more horror stories than success stories.   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: 2004 Target Exclusive Slave 1 w/Boba Fett
« Reply #32 on: August 4, 2005, 11:30 PM »
I was one of the lucky folks who received a replacement missile from Hasbro...  I heard of a few others, but I heard a lot more horror stories than success stories.   :-\

Jeff

I received one as well.  They were actually very helpful and shipped it out pretty quickly.  They're online customer service form is completely useless, so I just give them a call and they have always been very helpful.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Slave 1 w/Boba Fett
« Reply #33 on: August 5, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Where was the missile in the box.  I got mine in hand just this week, so I'm curious, though I intend to display mine in the box.  Don't I already have three other versions of this ship?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: August 5, 2005, 01:12 PM »
Where was the missile in the box.  I got mine in hand just this week, so I'm curious, though I intend to display mine in the box.  Don't I already have three other versions of this ship?

If it was included in your set, I believ the reports said it was in a baggie taped to the inside of the box, under the little platform the Slave 1 sits on... or something like that.  It's definately packed in a location that the only way to find it is to open the box.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 5, 2005, 02:32 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  Now I'll have to decide how strong my curiousity is on this.  I got mine from Amazon and they weren't the first out of the chute, so I've a halfway decent chance of having one. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 5, 2005, 08:43 PM »
I emailed hasbro about my missile as well before the revenge of the sith figures came out.  But instead of sending me the missile they sent me the at the time up coming anakin figure.  That was cool but I'm still missing that missile oh well. 

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 08:18 PM »
How can I request my missile?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 04:02 PM »
It's probably too late to request a missle, but you should ask.  Just log onto the Hasbro website and find the customer service link.  There you filter down to your problem/issue.

You most likely won't receive the missle, but they'll probably try to keep you happy and send you a figure - most likely a Nemodian Warrior or something!

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 5, 2005, 11:17 PM »
Just to share, and I'm sure the missle is not there but if you go to Hasbro and click on the customer service tab on the bottom, wait for the next screen to load and on the left click on replacement parts and then select the P-Z titles and you can sometimes order replacement parts there.  If not, I'd email them and see or post in wants for the parts your needing.

As a fyi, at Hasbro here is what you can order right now for replacements (good if you want some of this stuff for other ships or figures):

Star Wars Clone Commander 33 Episode 3®
(All prices include shipping & handling.)
  Quantity Amount

Hand Gun $1.00
Rifle $1.00
Zip Line Grappler $0.75
Zip Line Hook $0.75

Star Wars Republic Gunship Clone Wars®
  Quantity Amount

Cannon Projectile $1.00 ea.
Canopy $2.00
Chin Gun Projectile $1.00 ea.
Deployment Platform $2.00
Door Bomb $0.50 ea.
Doors (Left & Right) $2.00
Grappling Hook $0.50 ea.
Grappling Hook String $1.00
Label Sheet $1.00 
Tail Gun $1.50 
Wing (Left) $2.00 
Wing (Right) $2.00
Wing Bomb $0.50 ea

Star Wars Republic Gunship Ep III®
  Quantity Amount

Cannons with Missiles $1.50
Chin Gun Missiles $1.00
Deployment Platform $2.00
Door Bombs $1.00 
Tail Gun $1.00
Wing Bombs $1.00 
Wings Large 2 $3.00

Wonder why the door bombs on the Ep. III gunship are .50 cents more, while the tail gun on the CW ship is .50 more then the Ep. III ship? Also, you pay $2 per wing on the CW ship where you get two wings for $3 or a $1 less on the Ep. III one? Weird. Bet you could make one cool custom though combining parts.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3