Author Topic: R2-B1 & TC-14  (Read 30572 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
R2-B1 & TC-14
« on: November 24, 2002, 04:24 PM »
How hard was it to find R2-B1 & TC-14?
I have never seen them in stores in Canada.  :(
I landed up getting both off Ebay at $20. each.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re:R2-B1 & TC-14
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 06:04 PM »
Well, here in the United States I never saw them in stores, but I've heard they were sold at Walmarts (a story I don't ever go into anymore... they're nasty by me).  I have seen them on eBay and at toy shows, but they're so freakin' expensive.  Those two are definitely something I would love to pick up some day.
dustrho

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2002, 01:45 PM »
I actually found them once at Target and bought them.  I never saw them again.  However, only having limited funds with me at the time, I passed on the holo sidious and Padme with ascension gun.  I finally got the holo sidious off ebay or a trade, but I still never got the Padme with the ascension gun.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 05:38 PM »
I saw them a bunch of times at K-Mart and TRU, I actually just traded my carded set last month for the Playskool sets.  They are a cool duo :)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2002, 12:40 PM »
I would say they are pretty hard to find. I found them as a pair once at Meijer. I picked them up then. I also traded for an additional R2-B1 a while back. It seems to me I saw them one other time now too, but don't remember. They are a nice pair. While talking about Sidious Holo, they had a bunch at TRU during Christmas when they came out, that was the last I saw of them, that is where I got mine.

Chris Belle

« Reply #5 on: December 2, 2002, 01:02 AM »
I never saw any of the above mentioned figures in stores >:(.  I have only seen them on the net.  Way too much $$.

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 3, 2002, 06:21 PM »
Yeah, I haven't ever seen them in stores. But then again, my TRU is horrible when it comes to SW figures. :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 7, 2002, 05:54 PM »
I completely missed these at retail.  Never saw them in the first run, and never saw them on clearance.  I heard about them showing up in one store locally, and that was it.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 2, 2003, 08:45 AM »
I saw them both at a collector shop once for £20 each.
I passed on them and bought about 25 loose complete figures (damn I got a good deal that day) instead, reasoning I will see them again, perhaps cheaper.
Alas I never have.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 7, 2003, 12:46 AM »
Don't have them and probably never will, oh wait their made by hasbro and they are rehashing everything.I am not losing sleep over these personally.

Offline BidderFett

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 8, 2003, 11:57 PM »
I live in Canada and don't see much other than the first couple of waves, and when I come to the U.S. I'm usually a few days too late  :(
At least there's always EBay   :-\

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2003, 11:25 PM »
I finally got my R2-B1 from an auction on eBay (for $19), and I must say this card is truly C-10 condition! I'm not kidding!!! I have never owned a carded figure like this... it's just about perfect in every way. Well, the only thing that irritates me is that the label is crooked, but that's Hasbro's fault and not the seller's. That shouldn't hurt the value of this, do you think? Here's a picture of it...

dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2003, 09:11 AM »
Sweet R2-B1 there Chris. I don't think with the label being crooked will affect the value of it. I have the odd figure with crooked labels that are from the factory & all I can say is I'm glad I have the figure.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2003, 11:24 AM »
With this being true C-10 quality (which I don't own anything that's C-10), what would you think the true value of it is then? Geoffrey Carlton's "Super Wish Book" says $16, AllTroops.com says $25, and Rebelscum's price guide says $20.  Just curious because like I said, I've never seen a carded figure (in person) look as perect as this one.  Thank god I had an extra acrylic case just waiting for him.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2003, 11:39 AM »
IMHO, price guides do not exist. It's only worth what a person is willing to pay. To me, Ebay set's the standards on pricing.
I would say in the neighborhood range of $20. to $25. tops.
Though you could send it to the AFA & see what rating you get.
If you get a high rating, Ebay it with a high reserve to test the market for it.  ;D