Author Topic: Gen Grievous Question ?  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
Gen Grievous Question ?
« on: August 6, 2005, 07:53 PM »
Why is General Giervous # 9 a little more spendy then some of the other ROTS figures ? Is he really that hard to find ? I have 1 and I have only seen this one I have in town but is it like that where you guys are ?
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Gen Grievous Question ?
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2005, 07:58 PM »
Who knows. There are tons around me, I think they were just hoarded by scalpers initially and they are leaking out again. Don't pay more than retail for this guy.
"This is the way."

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Tons of #9's or other Grievous figs ?
   I always see Grievous just not number 9. I really actually like the 9 better then the others that one and the one that came with a cup from target .

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 6, 2005, 08:24 PM »
really? there's alot right now since it came with the new repaints of the clones. u should find them easily. the one i havent seen for a while is the #1 Obi Wan. kinda surprise since this dude was everywhere in the beginning.  ::)

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 6, 2005, 08:30 PM »
We must be shot on them here in WA then becuaser i never see them or the repaints . Same with Obi Wan .

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 6, 2005, 09:03 PM »
#9 has always been around in my area, it took me about a month to decide to buy an opener.  Nowadays with the repaints showing up we get more #9 and more Vader 11 than before but both figures have been plentyful.

The scaper explanation may be right.

Of course when TPM came out it was impossible to find Darth Maul.  A year later you could buy them 2 for a dollar in TRU.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 7, 2005, 09:53 AM »
really? there's alot right now since it came with the new repaints of the clones. u should find them easily. the one i havent seen for a while is the #1 Obi Wan. kinda surprise since this dude was everywhere in the beginning.  ::)

There's no need - the new Pilot Obi-Wan is a FAR superior Obi-Wan and is the ONLY Obi-Wan they should be shipping from here on out.

It would be stupid to not use that figure in all future case assortments. The sculpt of the face, the articulation, the fact that he comes with the lit/unlit lightsaber (and the unlit lightsaber can be put on his belt) - he's as good, if not better than those Jedi Masters from Collection 2 with all of the articulation.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 8, 2005, 04:18 PM »
This figure is so fat common in the 7 stores we have in the AV. Geez, he was only rereleased 2 to a case in these later waves.
Don't pay more than normal cost!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 8, 2005, 04:29 PM »
This figure was pretty hard to find in my area until about a week ago, suddenly they and Vader figures are everywhere.  Hopefully some kids will start wanting them again.  These were two very hot figures in my area in April and May.

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 8, 2005, 04:47 PM »
What happened(in my area anyway) was, after the movie released, you couldn't find an annakin,vader, or grievous anywhere...IMO- so hasbro listened to complaints and repacked refreshers in the later waves? If hasbro already knew these would be the case assortments earlier in the year then they surprise me for doing good research for once :o. Definately unlike their  typical research that the "frog" was gonna be an army builder(uhh...oh yeah there was only 2 in the flic...oh and they just stand there) coupled with..OD'ing/overproducing quantities on the aayla Unleashed wave
so they could use it as an excuse at the CC to say the unleashed line was struggling-yeah whateva >:(
« Last Edit: August 8, 2005, 04:49 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 8, 2005, 07:18 PM »
I put up half my rots collection in the classifieds here on JD so if your lookin for some.... Its being only sold as a lot becuase I need the room for our new baby ( no im not gonna stick her on a shelf) but maybe if i can do a custom 9 Grievous down the road it would be cool. I just didnt wanna take the 1 I have apart if he is that hard to find.