Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2005  (Read 119565 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2005 - Season open at yahoo.com
« Reply #900 on: September 26, 2005, 09:32 PM »
Dressel, that's 3-0 head-to-head against you in fantasy football right?

Just want to make sure I'm keeping tabs on the streak.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2005 - Sign up!
« Reply #901 on: September 29, 2005, 08:45 AM »
I signed up sorry for being so late

BTW

Waiver Wire
Trade Approval

Thoughts?

I think I have it set as "league votes" on trades, and "reverse standings order" for the waiver wire.  In other words, the last place team gets priority on the free agent.

Approvals?  Objections?  I really have no preference.

As per this post on August 2 before the draft began, when we were ironing out waiver wire priority and how trades will be reviewed, the waiver priority order will be adjusted each week to give priority in reverse standings order.  The current last place team gets first priority, and the current first place team gets last.

This change will be reflected weekly after Tuesday on the league's main page at Yahoo.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 29, 2005, 09:50 AM »
I find it difficult to fathom that you just changed the waiver wire during the 4th week of the season in a fashion that currently places YOU at the very top of it.  Has it been updated every week up until now?

Or was this decided in some other post way way back that we would enact it this late into the season?  Afterall you were the one who was so against adding a flex position last year because the season had already started.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 09:52 AM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 29, 2005, 10:08 AM »
I noticed that my waiver claims were continously denied since week 1, and even though I stated very clearly before the draft started that waiver priority would be reverse standings order (August 2nd post), and set it that way when the league was created, I did something wrong because Yahoo never updates it and I've been in the bottom of the league since Week 1.  The waiver priorities have not been changing to reflect the standings, they've barely moved.

So as we agreed before the draft started, it's gonna be reverse standings order as determined by Yahoo's standings every Tuesday morning.

lol, always looking for a scandal Rob.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 29, 2005, 01:05 PM »
You said on August 2nd:

"I think I have it set as "league votes" on trades, and "reverse standings order" for the waiver wire.  In other words, the last place team gets priority on the free agent.

Approvals?  Objections?  I really have no preference. "

That hardly qualifies as "stating clearly" what the policy would be.  You told us how you thought was set, and no one objected.

Fact remains that we've played 3 weeks of the season with it set however it was that you set it, and now you're changing it after noticing that you weren't happy with your claims being denied.

That's all I'm saying.  I'm not screaming scandal, but it constitutes a change in the league set up midstream - something you've been adamant about NOT having happen in the past.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 29, 2005, 01:44 PM »
You said on August 2nd:

"I think I have it set as "league votes" on trades, and "reverse standings order" for the waiver wire.  In other words, the last place team gets priority on the free agent.

Approvals?  Objections?  I really have no preference. "

That hardly qualifies as "stating clearly" what the policy would be.  You told us how you thought was set, and no one objected.

Fact remains that we've played 3 weeks of the season with it set however it was that you set it, and now you're changing it after noticing that you weren't happy with your claims being denied.

That's all I'm saying.  I'm not screaming scandal, but it constitutes a change in the league set up midstream - something you've been adamant about NOT having happen in the past.

Let me start by saying that I'm spending far too much of my time arguing over a stupid game on the internet, so this is going to be short and sweet.  The rule set before the draft, since there were "no objections" as you noted, was reverse standings order for waiver priority.  I just noticed today that I've been in last place or close to last for 3 weeks, and my waiver priority has never risen above 11-12, even though  I set it as reverse standings order before the draft, posted that I did, but something I did went wrong.  The problem was noticed today and has been corrected.  If anyone feels they were denied a waiver claim in Week 2 or Week 3 (not Week 1 since we had no standings for the waiver order to reflect) even though their position in the standings warranted it, PM me and I will make the appropriate changes to enforce the rule we had in place before the draft began.  Things are not changing midstream; instead an error in the rule we set before the draft has been caught and corrected.  Comparing that to adding the flex position last year, something that was never discussed until the draft was over, is inaccurate and irresponsible.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 01:46 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 29, 2005, 01:56 PM »

Sorry I can't let this statement slide either.  I'm not changing it "after noticing that I wasn't happy with my claims being denied."  That is merely what made me notice the waiver priority error that goes against the way it was stated to be before we started drafting.  No matter what made me notice the error, even if that meant having a worse waiver priority than I did with the error, I would still be changing the waiver priority to the way it was stated to be before the draft, now that it has been discovered.  The fact that I've been at the bottom of the waiver priority for one month is just the way that I happen to notice that there was an error.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 29, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Fair enough - I'll hold my tongue for now - we'll see how it works out.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 29, 2005, 02:57 PM »
So my current suckage in the league is why I've been able to swap players in and out freely?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #909 on: September 29, 2005, 07:28 PM »
I agree with Dressel's ruling, I think this is another result of the crap way the free game is run on Yahoo.  I would think other pay sites would automatically update the waiver wire each week

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #910 on: September 30, 2005, 12:02 AM »
The waivers update automatically in my other league on Yahoo...
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 30, 2005, 12:07 AM »
The waivers update automatically in my other league on Yahoo...

And it should.  It wasn't happening in our's and it won't let me change the settings to do it automatically after the teams were entered.  So it's being done a fair and easily verfiable way, and the way it was laid out before the draft.  It's a win-win.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #912 on: September 30, 2005, 12:30 AM »
That's retarded that it won't let you change it. What is the point of that? ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 30, 2005, 12:40 AM »
That's retarded that it won't let you change it. What is the point of that? ::)

There's 2 types of changes you can make, those you can make before you enter the teams and click "begin season," or those afterwards.  Having the waiver change automatically is the former.  However, it does let you do it manually, and that's fine because owners can see on the league standings page that the waiver priority will always read 12 on top and drop sequentially to 1 on the bottom every week, and we'll know it's right.  So, no harm, no foul.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 1, 2005, 11:29 AM »
Well Dressel, now I can go ahead and explain exactly why I was objecting to the way that you changed the waivers thing like this - I had an outstanding waiver claim for Andre Johnson at the time, then you shuffled the waiver wire, and were able to take my guy.  I was just waiting for that to happen, but couldn't fully explain it without just drawing more attention to my outstanding waiver claim.

Waiver claims that had already been made before you realized the error and rearranged the waiver wire need to be left alone.

I'm going to ask that you please put him on my team and drop Joe Jurevicius from my team before tomorrow's games start.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2005, 01:38 PM by Rob »