Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2005  (Read 119495 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2005 - Season open at yahoo.com
« Reply #930 on: October 1, 2005, 05:56 PM »
I agree that the order should look like it looks now, and you should get 1st priority, BUT it should have been corrected before week 1, no one notices it until now almost 4 weeks later and consequently Rob gets screwed. Whether or not we had agreed on that originally is irrevalant over the last 4 weeks because at the time that wasn't the rule. I'm all in favor of fixing it now but Rob should get Johnson it isn't fair for you to fix it right when it is in your favor, think how you would feel if you weren't the commisioner and you were in Rob's place.
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 1, 2005, 06:09 PM »
I will go ahead and assign Andre Johnson to Rob's roster tonight in good faith, in time for tomorrow's game, and then start enforcing the 8/2/05 rule, if Kevin and I are allowed to play JD basketball.

For starters, we would not determine the draft order, the league would have trade veto privelages, and neither of us would be commish.  So I don't see why we can't play.

On top of that, I spent over 80% of last season in 1st place in the basketball league and won the past 2 baseball leagues, it seems kinda rigged and illegitimate to exclude me for that, and Kevin because he wants to play.

So that's my compromise, we play basketball, Rob and you guys get your way here, and cooler heads prevail.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 1, 2005, 07:35 PM »
You can't offer to add Johnson to my roster in "good-faith" when what you're really doing is blackmailing Jeff over this situation.  Good-faith would be putting Johnson on my roster, and then going to Jeff and asking him again nicely if you can play (pointing out how maturely you handled this situation).  What you're doing here is the exact opposite of good-faith.

Trying to hold Jeff hostage over this isn't going to get anyone anywhere.  This is something that he is not involved in, and I have absolutely NO influence over Jeff's Basketball league.  Jeff might not even be around until after the weekend to see your proposal.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2005, 09:27 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 1, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Jeff cited other JDers who have played with me and Kev in previous leagues.  That is only Scott, Zod, and Bug.  And then Jeff. 

I'll compromise here if we can play basketball, that's all.  I'm willing to back off my position here a little bit if a little compromise and fairness are exercised over in the NBA one.  I don't see why Kev and I should get crapped on, and then you still think you're going to come in here and win an argument when I think I'm just enforcing an existing rule anyway.

Scott, Zod and Bug can help let Kev and I play NBA (to use someone else's terminology, Jeff isn't a "dictator" is he?!), and then I'm willing to compromise over here.

I think that's fair.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2005, 09:51 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 1, 2005, 09:49 PM »
I can pretty much guarantee you that this latest stunt will destroy any remaining chance you might have had (which was probably almost zero to begin with) of convincing Jeff that you're ready to act like an adult for an entire season. 
« Last Edit: October 1, 2005, 09:51 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 1, 2005, 09:52 PM »
I can pretty much guarantee you that this latest stunt will destroy any remaining chance you might have had (which was probably almost zero to begin with) of convincing Jeff that you're ready to act like an adult for an entire season. 

So be it.  If you guys wanna back off a little and be fair, then so will I.  I'm not going to be the only one to do a little compromising here.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 1, 2005, 09:53 PM »
For the second time, Andre Johnson and I have nothing to do with your other situation, and Jeff and the Basketball league have nothing to do with this situation.

Crap like this is exactly why Jeff isn't letting you play - do you honestly not understand that?!

I'm not asking you to compromise here, I'm asking you to do what's right- what everyone but you seems to think is right that is...
« Last Edit: October 1, 2005, 09:55 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 1, 2005, 09:57 PM »
Yawn.  I got more important things to do than argue over this.

My offer stands.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 1, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Yawn.  I got more important things to do than argue over this.

My offer stands.

Yawn, it's not an offer because I can't accept or reject it - and it's not an offer, because there's absolutely no chance in hell that Jeff is going to let you anywhere near that league.

And there's also about a zero chance that anyone's going to let you near ANY Jedi Defender league from here on out.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #939 on: October 1, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Enough bull****.

So I don't see why we can't play.

You really can't see why you are not allowed in the Fantasy NBA league?

On top of that, I spent over 80% of last season in 1st place in the basketball league and won the past 2 baseball leagues, it seems kinda rigged and illegitimate to exclude me for that, and Kevin because he wants to play.

Your prowess at Fantasy Sports (NBA or MLB or NFL or whatever) has no bearing on why you are not playing.  It has no bearing on why Kevin is not playing.

No one is keeping you out of the NBA league because they are afraid of losing to you.

It's because of this stunt and similar stunts all throughout your JD Fantasy sports history.  Every single league you play in, a bunch of bull**** starts that the Staff members have to step in and handle.

It is for this reason, and this reason alone that you will not be playing in the JediDefender Fantasy NBA League.

It is for this reason,  that most likely no one will ever want to play with you in another Fantasy Sports League here at JediDefender.

I do not appreciate being dragged into this mess because of a decision I made regarding an entirely different league (a decision which is once again validated) and I will not be bullied into allowing you into the Fantasy NBA league by holding another Fantasy league here hostage.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 1, 2005, 10:45 PM »
So there you have it Dressel - no big suprises here. 

So you're little deal isn't going to happen, (How you managed to somehow convince yourself that you were doing everyone a favor by offering such an absurd proposal is beyond me...).  If you don't do an about face and correct my roster by the morning, (at least an hour before the early game kickoff), the 2005-2006 football season will most likely be your last endeavor into fantasy sports through this website.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2005, 01:24 AM by Rob »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #941 on: October 2, 2005, 03:17 AM »
Dressel, I used to have a lot more respect for you. In any other section of this forum you seem like a really good guy, but as soon as you post in a fantasy thread you are an entirely different person. This being the first year I've done any kind of fantasy league, I have no idea what has gone on with you in the past leagues, but form what I have seen in the last few months, I can't say I'm impressed. Whether or not everyone's claims are justified, drama seems to follow you in every fantasy league. Whether it is You-Jason, You-Scott, You-Zod, You-whoever else, iyou always seem to be caught up in some bickering match with someone here. It's really annoting to read through all the crap that is being thrown back and forth, when I come to the fantasy football thread I want to be talking about fantasy football, not arguing over whether or you should get to play in the fantasy basketball league.

For starters, we would not determine the draft order, the league would have trade veto privelages, and neither of us would be commish. So I don't see why we can't play.

Like I just said it is because ou tend to create drama in every Fantasy league you are in. And when I say you, I'm not including Kevin. I think you have kind dragged him into this (intentionally or not) and I personally think it is unfair to him, I have absolutely no problem with Kevin playing, but I think the reason he has been excluded is because they don't want you coming in and starting crap with someone. Which I think is unfair to Kevin, but there may be some justification behind all that. I know you guys are friends and there is nothing wrong woth that, just don't take Kevin down with you.

Let's all try to remember that these fantasy leagues here are friendly leagues. There are no bets, no one has paid any money, so there is no need to huff and puff, and get so damn worked up. These are supposed to be fun, not an all out bitch and moan session. I don't know if I want to play in any fantasy leagues here next year if they are always like this. It just isn't that much fun watching you arguing like a child.

There is no reason to bring any other league into this, this is football not basketball or baseball. I don't understand how you think it is fair that you get AJ when Rob already had claim to him when the rule was changed. I know you are better than that, just do the right thing and let Zod have Johnson, so strings attached. If you really want to play basketball you can join a public league.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2005, 03:18 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 2, 2005, 05:51 AM »

So you're little deal isn't going to happen

Neither is your's with AJ, the valid 8/2/05 waiver order stands.

If you don't do an about face and correct my roster by the morning, (at least an hour before the early game kickoff), the 2005-2006 football season will most likely be your last endeavor into fantasy sports through this website.

I'm very comfortable with that.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 2, 2005, 11:34 AM »

So you're little deal isn't going to happen

Neither is your's with AJ, the valid 8/2/05 waiver order stands.

If you don't do an about face and correct my roster by the morning, (at least an hour before the early game kickoff), the 2005-2006 football season will most likely be your last endeavor into fantasy sports through this website.

I'm very comfortable with that.

In that case, having you swipe Andre Johnson from me is a small price to pay.

I'm off to watch the Bucs game.  Enjoy your big 'victory.'
« Last Edit: October 2, 2005, 11:42 AM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 2, 2005, 08:37 PM »
For anyone without the stat-tracker:

(x) denotes number of players left to play:

The Mathematicians 47.49 (1)
The Dutch Chocolates 49.67 (1)