Author Topic: Customs of Us  (Read 64248 times)

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project 8 - Customs of Us
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 07:44 AM »
Thanks Jediknight760071 ,

I was thinking maybe the Naboo Royal Palace guard, the red one, he has a goatee and looks kinda hyspanic, but hey I will take a closer look on the Jango.

How about a picture of you, or what are you thinking of using?

By the  way all you guys can call me Marlon if you wish to do so.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 10:23 AM »
Actually yes the Naboo guard with the removable helmet would probably be a great head to use.

I've seen those BBI figures at TRU and have quite a few actually.  I think there are a couple with somewhat of a resemblence. 

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 10:55 AM »
I wonder what head would work for Chewie? Maybe the kid from Titan AE? The body is definately ep1 Anakin.  ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 12:09 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on Jedi Defender.  Some of you already know me from Rebelscum and FFURG.  I figured this group project would be a perfect excuse for me to finally join up!  :)  I did make one early attempt at a custom self-portrait some years back, but wouldn't mind trying for a new, improved one. 

Good to see some familiar names -- and faces -- already!  Speaking of faces, Phruby, I wonder if heads from Arvel Crynyd or Ric Olié would work.  You seem sort of a composite of those two faces...

And yes, Marlon, your wife is very pretty. :)

All right, as for my own reference pictures.  My options are a bit limited, since there aren't that many female options out there.  Any ideas?  My first attempt used a PLC Ewok Leia head, but I wonder if there isn't anything better out there...

With my husband:

In my $300 coral-colored suit:

Thanks, everyone!  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Hey Phruby I was going through some of my spare figs and I think i see a resemblence with the "Pit of carkoon " Han solo.His face is slightly thinner ( please take no offense :)) but i think it could work. I'm hoping to get a pic of my scrawny, Shaggy-esque mug on here hopefully by tonight. I do need a VOTC luke for the body though. ( Im going to embellish a little. ;D)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2005, 01:58 PM »
The Han Solo or Ric Olié just might work. I think I have an extra Ric Olie to try it out. I've got more hair though but that should be an easy fix.

For Findswoman I can see the Baroness working with a different hair style.

Isn't this thread great? We get to see what each other look like and make figures of ourselves. What might be even more fun is to team up and make figures of each other.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Well, you asked for it here they are.

This is my hormal everyday look.

This is my I used to hang out with Pantera and all I got was this lousy T-shirt look.

And this is my always a roadie never a rockstar look.

so what should I use? Please be kind. ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2005, 04:44 PM »
This is actually turning out to be one of the funniest threads I've ever seen.  It's so damn hilarious.   ;D

I'm thinking since I look like a little kid still (I'm 28 years old though and 5'7" so I'm not a midget) that I might go with a POTJ Zutton body. 

My body isn't that stubby though.  I just really have a kid face.  So, hell maybe some sort of Luke body would work?

For all of you guys, here's what I'm thinking -

Phruby - Could you modify a Bail Organa head some?  Like remove the facial hair?

Findswoman - Baroness might be a very good start.  Maybe her head on a Leia body.

Ennis - I'm not sure what head, maybe something using the Agen Kolar hair though, with the ROTS Captain Antilles head?

:P

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2005, 06:10 PM »
Wow, Chewie, you do indeed have that boyish look!  :)  Maybe Zett Jukassa for the head, on a non-POTF2 Luke body?

I agree that the ROTS Antilles would be a very likely match for Darth Ennis. Or perhaps also one of the Hans might work, with some long hair sculpted on -- maybe the Commtech Cantina Han or the POTJ Death Star Escape Han.

Now I need a bit more advice too: which Baroness to use?  I know there are a couple of different ones, some with removable glasses and some without, and it also depends what's in my parts box... Bodywise, though, I think it will be one of the taller Leias

Incidentally, what outfits are we all making ourselves in?  Costumes? Everyday clothes?  Anything else? Depends on the fodder we use, I guess...

... the Findswoman

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2005, 07:48 PM »
well, i've had my face on the other forums from self-customs but i'm getting a kick outta seeing who every one is. So here i am with my wife.
Dont worry chewie, you arent the only one with a "babyface"  This was a little over a year ago. I'm 36 now.

We should do customs of US and our significant other...?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2005, 07:49 PM »
My...my, it has been awhile since the last time we chated Esther.   

Welcome to JD.   

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2005, 01:12 AM »
Findswoman, I would suggest the blue baroness from the two pack. You might still be able to find her. You can put her in any star wars or real life outfit you want. How about twi'lik?  ;)

I look like an old man compared to all you guys. Sad since I'm the same age as Greg. For Greg we need a Men in Black Will Smith. It would be great. You'd have the sunglasses on in some jedi robes.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2005, 01:43 AM »
I think I agree with Findswoman I do have that lop-sided grin that Han has. I havent gotten a good look at the Antilles figure but I think my local target has a few so I'll go check. I think I have a few extra baroness if you need one. If not I know they have the black version of that fig at our Dollar General. Let me know if you need one. As far as Glassman I think there one of the  older Stalker heads from The G.I.Joe line would do for you. I think I may have an extra of the one I'm talking about I'll try to find it, and get you a pic. Dont feel so bad Chewie, I'm 32 and I still get IDd for cigarettes. I dont know if I should take it as an insult or a compliment.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Or an excuse to quit smoking. ;D

What if you used a modified qui-gon head?

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2005, 01:16 PM »
I think phurby and Findswoman have good suggestions for you Darth E.
In the past have used lando as a base for my head, but i think i'm gonna whip out the waxpen and see if i can sculpt myself.

I have a question. Are we making ourselves as any specific character?  Or is is a free for all?
Like ourself as a jedi or bounty hunter or just any on/thing?

I've made myself as a jedi before, so i think i'm gonna go with a sith version of me. Either that or a Mandalorian Me.