Author Topic: Customs of Us  (Read 64272 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Customs of Us
« on: August 14, 2005, 11:10 PM »
Welcome to another edition of Group Projects. This time our subject will be some rather wierd chacters - US ! 8)  We are doing this group project in tandom with FFURG. They are making a custom of Chewbacca's alter ego Snoova. This group project will end at the end of September. The group project is open to anyone that cares to work on it. Final pictures will be posted on the April 2004 casting call. You can see it here!

The idea is to make the specified character as well as you can. You should post work in progress pictures thru-out the month. We can discuss techniques and parts used. Feel free to ask questions and post constructive feedback. It would be good if you could post a pictures of youself so we can see your reference matteral. I always try to take any feedback I can get and apply it to the figure. Any questions?

Let's start by gathering some reference pictures of ourselves and talk about parts.

« Last Edit: January 4, 2006, 01:51 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project 8 - Customs of Us
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 02:35 AM »
I will try to do my best, but there are very few Mexican Action figures out there, let me start looking for a latino lookin action figure and I will do my best.

Great idea.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 11:55 AM »
Tijuana, there may be some in the 21st century XD line that have the more Mexican look.  I wonder if there might be a few GI JOE ones too?

:P

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Hey great, but i have never heard of the 21st century line, do you have any pics?

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 02:38 PM »
While we're on the subject; what the hell does everyone look like anyways?

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 02:47 PM »
Here is what I look like:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231595150DRSLZv

That me & my wife.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Here is what I look like:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231595150DRSLZv

That me & my wife.

You are a very lucky man... mui bonita!
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Yep, that's a very pretty lady that you have.  Here's a recent pic of me -

I'm the 4th one from the left. 

The 21st Century toys... there are several sites that sell them.  My favorite was www.smallblueplanet.com, but they seem to not have any in stock at the moment.  Here's another site, but they seem kinda pricey, and I've never ordered from them before - http://smalljoes.com/21stcentury_xd_xtreme_118figures.shtml

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 05:57 PM »
Couldn't help but to reply here! I mainly post at TNI and occasionally at Galactic Hunter . . .  but I'm always browsing the threads here at Jedi Defender. So when I came accross this post I just had to sign up and reply. This goes out to Chewie . . .  ppka  8)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Here are my reference pictures. I'm not sure what head to use.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Couldn't help but to reply here! I mainly post at TNI and occasionally at Galactic Hunter . . .  but I'm always browsing the threads here at Jedi Defender. So when I came accross this post I just had to sign up and reply. This goes out to Chewie . . .  ppka  8)

Cool - right back at you!  And that's a pretty goofy pic, ain't it.  Some of us alumni act like idiots sometimes.   I think of the hundred or so alumni that I know, I'm the only one with a Star Wars problem.  ;)

Anyways, hope to see you around more too - ppka

Phruby, I'm not sure what head to use either.   ???

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 10:37 PM »
Some of us alumni act like idiots sometimes. 

Some? Haha. What chapter were you in? I was in Phi, Roanoke College. BTW, I love you dios . . . I'm working on one myself and I was thinking about asking for your input before I knew about "us" Oh, how bad that sounds.  :-X

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Us?  Ha ha... that does sound hilarious.

I went to Southeast Missouri State - Epsilon Iota chapter (it's about 100 miles south of St. Louis).  Quite a few of my old college buddies do love Star Wars, just not to this degree of sickness.    :)

Thanks for the kind words... I'm very lucky that my wife lets me have my collection and will be willing to let me sit on the couch and customize a couple nights a week. 

Feel free to post your stuff here too.  And ask away, there will probably be lots of questions that we have for you too.   ;)

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 02:55 AM »
Thanks for the compliments on Rebecca, both she and I are flattered, what I am most lucky about is that she lets me have all my stuff out on display all over the house, I mean I took over the kitchen and washing room, I will post pics of my collection on another trhead, even if it is a bit messy...

Master Phurby & Chewie I think the Military line from Toys r us, has a couple of guys who look like you guys or at least a little, I will try to post pictures on them, also I still owe you that Enloff picture chewie, I am just embarrased that the custom is not as good as yours.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2005, 04:27 AM »
 TijuanaKedi---I bet you could use a SAGA Jango Fett (Kamino Escape) head for yourself. I see the resemblence. :)