Author Topic: Bad Trader Thread  (Read 44809 times)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Re: STANDUP SELLER = biolachris aka Chris Stanley
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2004, 05:06 PM »
For the record biolachris came through with a full refund as promised and very quickly I might add.  I was way too quick to post negative feedback,as I was ripped off a while back and thought this was clearly another case.

I apologize for any harm or damage I may have caused to biolachris's reputation or future dealings on this board.  It seems I still have a thing or two to learn about patience and giving someone the benefit of the doubt before spouting off at the mouth,or in this case the keyboard.

FWIW,I have edited the title to reflect the resolution of the transaction and have deleted my initial post.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Trader Thread
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2004, 12:35 AM »
I received word from Wai today that my item is sent and i should have it soon.
Hope this arrives.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2004, 01:03 AM »
I hope so too Hemish, and we hope for Wai's credibility that he comes through on this.  Wai if you're around reading, we hope you're taking care of all business outstanding you've not completed yet.

Keep us updated Hemish, please.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 8, 2004, 12:25 AM »
Ok i got my stuff from Wai .
It was packed perfectly and carefully.
I understand things can happen when in a trade but  a simple email could have avoided the mess it turned into.
Would i trade with Wai again , Yes but he would have to send his side of the trade first.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: September 8, 2004, 12:58 AM »
Hemish, I'm real glad that got worked out between you and Wai...   We've all been curious about that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
FranticJedi - good or bad??
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004, 09:32 AM »
We agreed on a trade back in october, I sent my stuff and he received, but now I am getting concerned after finding this thread (link below)  Numerous excusses and no responses to my PM's leave me no choice but to warn others.  Thank goodness it was a relativley small trade but thats beside the point.  be wary of this guy.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=949589&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#949589
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline cohens4

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Howard Sorensen
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 01:57 PM »
i wanted to add another horrible trader to the list.  HOWARD SORENSEN.  i sent payment to him for a star wars comic back in the middle of july.  of course, i never received it.  he guessed it was lost in the mail and would refund my money. he said, he wasnt getting paid for the whole month of september, so would i mind if he mailed it in october. i said yes, what other choice did i have.  that was supposedly mailed in the first week of october. and would you believe it, that also was lost in the mail.  he then said he would send another refund.  this time, he was concerned that so many things were getting "lost in the mail" that he would prefer sending it to a different address. so i gave him an alternate address to send it to. that was nov 2  and i have yet to receive the refund or hear from him again. 

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=5873.0

here is this scums address, so others dont get screwed by him as well:

Howard Sorensen
1502 Pine St. #2
Brainerd, Minnesota 56401

steer clear of him big time!!!
stephen 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Do not buy from Bill's Toys and Games UPDATE
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2005, 03:32 PM »
I ordered some stuff two weeks ago from these tards. An LOTR Gil-Galad figure and a Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper. With shipping, the total was a couple bucks under $30.
I got an email saying the stuff shipped on January 3rd.
Here it is, January 15th, and I don't have it.
I sent them an email, and they said it shipped. Clearly, it hasn't, as no domestic carrier takes two weeks to get a package here. That and I never got a tracking number.

I've read of bad experiences before, and here's another one. Save your money for a store that isn't going to steal it.

Update!
I finally received my package this week, and the hold-up was with the store's local post office, which sat on the package all this time. ::)

This whole ordeal was none of the store's fault, so I take back what I said about them. :)
They're a good store after all. Just be cautious of the local USPS.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 01:09 AM by Hasbro's Missing Integrity »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Do not buy from Bill's Toys and Games
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2005, 04:46 AM »
Ben, is this an e-tailer, or what?  Never heard of 'em.  Sorry you got nailed by them, but hopefully they'll surprise you and still come through.  Keep at them though!

Maybe I should merge this in with the bad traders/sellers thread where more people would see it...  Whatchya' think?

- M

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Do not buy from Bill's Toys and Games
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Yep, it's an e-tailer.
It's probably a good idea to put it with the Bad Traders/Sellers list.

http://www.billstoysandgames.com
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline didactic

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Sorry to say, I have to make an addition. Matt McManigal of Eagle Lake, Minnesota (iluvstarwars on the Rebelscum board) has decided to not follow through on sending his half of a trade agreed to on May 11 after receiving a holographic Yoda from me on May 16. He has not posted under his name since May 12, nor read recent PM's. DO NOT TRADE with this person unless he sends first.

didactic

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2005, 11:39 PM »
Hmmm

I wonder if this is the same guy from Minnesota that was trouble before...

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 04:45 PM »
I hope this issue will get resolved, but just in case, here's a heads up to the you all.

I had been working a trade with jerkytoys over on the NJSWCC:  My Canadian Clone Wars Animated Blue Clonetrooper for 4 common figures from him.  Apparently there was miscommunication and jerkytoys thought that it was a one for one deal.  When I received a single figure from him, I responded to him that we should try to straighten it out -- either he could provide the other three figures or he could return my figure and I would return his.  That was well over four weeks ago and I have yet to get a response from him.  The administators of NJSWCC have confirmed he has read both the PM's and thread related to the issue and he has chosen not to respond.  Both NJSWCC and thejawa.com have banned him over this.

I hope he's going to make good on the deal, but until he does I'd recommend everyone here avoid trading with him for the time being until this is resolved.

His real world info is:

Brian Grison in Emerson Nj

Offline jerkytoys

• Youngling
  • buy me stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005, 05:24 PM »
hi
Just so you know this is what went down with my trade
with tykrazen.  I never bothered replying because I
just don't have the time.  I would say just read the
PM's between us, but I think they may have been erased
since being banned from the NJ site.  the first mail messages stated
that he had a Blue Canadian Clone he said he was
interested in my Lak Sivrak, J'Quille, Jawa with
Gonk(either no holes version or with holes), & 2 other
figures.  I can't remeber what they are right now.  at
this point I 'm thinking his figure is about a $7-$8
figure so the most straight up trade would be the no
holes CTC jawa.  so I responded asking which Jawa he
wanted.  he said he was going to open it so he didn't
care.  so I said how about the regular one?  he
aggrees.  lets's do the trade I say, thinking he is a
great guy hooking me up with a blue clone. he gets
mine and asks where the others are, and I am like what
is he talking about?  I get the figure from him and it
is packaged to perfection, but the figure has a ding
in the upper part of the bubble.  but obvious it was
damaged prior to mailing. no big deal.  but he is then
telling me that the deal was the 5 figures for the
clone and that he paid a lot for it.  I am like screw
you!  your not ripping me off for $25 worth of figs
for one of yours and it isn't even mint!  none of this
was stated in our trade emails.  if he told me BEFORE
that he was expecting 5 in return for 1 there would
have been no deal.  I could see if he wanted 2 of mine
for his then maybe, but 5 ?  I paid $4-$5 for all of
mine.  it is not my fault he paid a lot for his clone.
 don't try to pawn off his getting ripped on a dented
bubble figure on me.  I don't care how long he has
been on SW sites or how many posts he makes.  he is a
scalper and a waste of my time trying to respond.  The
rule I broke was not returning his figure,  that is my
bad.  I thought keeping it would let him swing in
wind.  plus, I already wasted $4 shipping him the
trade, I not wasting another $4 to get his back to
him.  Now I know why it took 3 years for him and I to
try a trade.  I know I contacted him in the past, but
his requests to do a trade had always been outlandish.
 I should have known better. 

Brian
Jerkytoys

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 02:05 PM »
If a deal goes wrong not responding because you don't have the time is no excuse. If a trade was made, it is your responsiblity to fufill your end of the deal to the letter of your agreement. If you agreed to the 4 figures before, without realizing it, it is your fault. Be more careful the next time, but you still have to complete the transaction the way it was first agreed on. Ty is a good guy so I turst that he isn't lying about this.

Just for kicks I looked up the value of a Blue Cartoon Clone, Brain's Toys has them at C-9 for $35. Canadian are even more rare than that, so even if it wasn't mint. Brian's Toys are also fairly big scalpers so there's prices will be higher than anywhere else, shy of maybe E-bay. Considering all that, I say you got a fair trade. You also have to do your research when going into any trade to make sure you are getting a fair trade. Ty apparently did, I'm guessing you didn't since you were guessing on it's value.

And you being banned from the NJSWCC doesn't say much for your credibility. I highly suggest you come through on your end of the deal.

Woah, slow down there Ryan.  You may have traded with tyrkazen before, but jerkytoys (Brian) here has traded with three different JD staff members, including me a couple of times, and had impeccable feedback here (+10) prior to this problem.  So I'm willing to vouch for him just a bit too.  Plus, being banned from a particular site doesn't necessarily ruin someone's credibility.  Hell, many of us here at JD, including myself, have all been banned from RS, and I'm pretty sure we're still all very credible people.

This sounds like the original trade was a major communication problem on BOTH sides.  Brian obviously never agreed to trading four of his figures for just one of Ty's, so that's an incorrect statement to say that he did.  You also need to keep in mind that this transaction occurred about 4 months ago, so any pricing you do right now isn't accurate (especially using Brian's Toys), even moreso considering this is a Canadian (Tri-lingual) Clone, which is usually valued significantly less than it's American counterpart.  A loose Blue Clone (which is effectively what this is since it's on a Canadian card), currently goes for about $5-8 on eBay - certainly not worth $20+ in four other figures.  MOMC Blue Clones (on U.S. cards) have ended anwhere between $9.99 and $21.65 of late.  So I'm not overly surprised Brian didn't think he was supposed to trade 4 of his figures for it.

Granted, I would've probably handled things differently upon learning that the trade didn't go as planned, and yes, there definitely should've been some communication on Brian's part after the trade went to ****.  But swapping the figures back and losing $8 - $10 in shipping costs and getting NOTHING out of it would admittedly suck.

I would also want to point out that Ty trading a figure that was currently available at retail (which the Blue Clone was at that time) for such a HUGE markup in terms of value is definitely not cool, and is frowned on by most board members and traders.  Since most of us only deal with current retail prices when trading current product, it's even less surprising that jerkytoys thought that this was supposed to be a one for one deal.  Had tyrkazen been selling that figure for the trade value that he was asking for it in return, it would've been considered scalping.  But it's a bit more of a grey area when he's just trying to trade it for such an inflated value.  Like I said, most of us frown on such lopsided trades of current product, and we definitely wouldn't be considering anything more than retail value in a trade for a current item.

So with that in mind, I'm almost inclined to say there was some poetic justice involved here.  Regardless, it was a messed up trade from the get-go, and both sides share some of the blame.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 02:09 PM by JediMAC »