Author Topic: Bad Trader Thread  (Read 44838 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Trader Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 02:33 PM »
I agree with JediMac's reply- That's simply a ridiculous trade- 5 figs for one current retail figure...What?? IMO it's more understandable/allowable two make an offer like this 3-5 years down the road if it was determined the figure to be a HTF
/rare item. Certainly not for a current item. Don't be pursuaded or fooled by a LEE'S, TOMART's, Brian's Toys self proclaimed values of CURRENT retail items. The value is only as good as what/how badly someone wants it for.  Realistically, I'd be willing to bank that most people won't go to such desperate lengths for a current figure they still have a legit crack at- Or, at least, they done it once only to find the item in a store later and learn their lesson(guilty).

On the other hand I think the scalper remark is incorrectly placed here- If it were for $ value over the figure then I believe it would be legit-calling out someone out as a scalper-but, since this trade was designed for common figs/not money(which I don't see making alot off of) then I think there's no place for that comment.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 02:56 PM »
On the other hand I think the scalper remark is incorrectly placed here- If it were for $ value over the figure then I believe it would be legit-calling out someone out as a scalper-but, since this trade was designed for common figs/not money(which I don't see making alot off of) then I think there's no place for that comment.

That's kind of what I said, Jon.  I said if he was selling it for the value he was trying to trade it for, it'd be scalping.

Had tyrkazen been selling that figure for the trade value that he was asking for it in return, it would've been considered scalping.  But it's a bit more of a grey area when he's just trying to trade it for such an inflated value.  Like I said, most of us frown on such lopsided trades of current product, and we definitely wouldn't be considering anything more than retail value in a trade for a current item.

Grabbing a current retail item and trying to trade it for 3 to 4 times it's retail cost is obviously not "scalping" by the literal definition, since no money is being exchanged.  But it's the trading equivalent thereof, which is still considered pretty unethical by today's collecting standards.  I only deal with retail costs on current items, as does everyone else that I know, so I probably would've assumed a one for one deal just the same as Brian did there, if it wasn't specifically stated to the contrary (which it sounds like it wasn't).

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 03:03 PM »
LOL ,your second point was what I said in my first pararaph-
"rediculous"=unethical ;)

My first point..yeah, I said what you said again/ a different way- so what! :P :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 05:03 PM »
I was just responding to your "the Scalper comment doesn't belong" statement, which I thought was directed at my earlier post, so I was just trying to better explain the context that I used it in.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Allow me to reword what I said earlier, sleep deprivation makes writing and think clearly very hard sometimes.  ;) Sorry if I came off sounding like an ass. :-\ :-[

All I really meant was if you really did agree to a 4 for 1 trade, you should go through with it, no matter how unfair you think it is. Just be sure you know what you are tading for next time.

If the trade really did happen when the Blue clone was at retail then it definitely wasn't a fair trade. If the clone wasn't at reatil then I think it a could be considered fair trade, since the price does vary on them, I guess I can see how both of you thought it was fair. I guess I didn't really know what  was talking aout, I thought the Canadain Blue clones were harder to find because they were very shortpacked up North, but I was wrong. :-[

In the future I'll stay out of this kinda crap that doesn't involve me, I have a bad habit of doing that. Sorry for sounding like an ass.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2005, 05:21 PM »
yeah, good point..It's none of my business either, sorry Matt and everyone involved :(

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #36 on: September 1, 2005, 05:37 PM »
I just have to say - I have traded with Mitch (tykrazen) several times, always with excellent results.  While I was not privy to the exact details of the NJSWCC trade, I do know that Mitch tried several times to communicate with Brian (jerkytoys) to no avail.  I have nothing against Brian and, as JediMAC said, people have conducted great trades with him on this board.  The only reason that I am responding to this is to let people know that tykrazen is a good guy and this whole mix up was apparently an unfortunate result of very poor communication. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Hell, many of us here at JD, including myself, have all been banned from RS, and I'm pretty sure we're still all very credible people.

This is proven.  You are not cool until you've been banned, or at least threatened at some point.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 6, 2005, 12:12 AM »
Well, I haven't been banned from anywhere else yet or here(coming soon maybe) so I must NOT be cool- But I CAN attest that jerky toys IS a good trader(we just finished a deal with him)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2005, 02:17 PM »
Chiming in on this issue since I have been directly involved in the situation as one of the Administrators of the New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club.

-Both traders had a good record of trading at the NJSWCC prior to this incident.
-Communication on this trade was not evidently not clear.
-This was a trade for a MOMC variation.

-The site this transaction was coordinated through (the NJSWCC) attempted to rectify the situation after a complaint was made by Tykrazen.  Jerkytoys was uncommunicative.  Based on the lack of communication and Jerkytoys unwillingness to void the trade altogether (including both parties shipping the goods back to one another) led to this dispute and his banning from the NJSWCC.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Yeah, I think we already covered all that Nick.  Thanks.  I think it's time to move on from this now...

-This was a trade for a MOMC variation.

I also wouldn't consider a Canadian card a "variation".  It's just a "foreign" release, and Canadian cards are usually less desirable and less valuable than domestic releases anyway, but I believe we've already covered that here as well...

- M
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 07:18 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 07:34 PM »
GJ Matt, thanks ;)

Offline soulydyes

• Youngling
  • What a long,strange trip it's been...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 2, 2006, 01:00 PM »
James Vargas is a bad trader-avoid at all costs-He's on ebay too-Villa Park, Illinois.
I've only been here a couple times, but I sure don't want anyone to be burned by this individual>:(
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2235325&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2235325
« Last Edit: December 4, 2006, 06:38 PM by soulydyes »

Offline Jockavich

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Transaction gone bad with Mini-rock/Agentrock ebay name
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 07:09 PM »
Hey Guys, I know I am new here but thought I would give you a heads up.
Do not deal with this guy, especially if you live outside the USA.
This took place over on the RPF.
I agreed to pay Mini-rock $385 for a set of MR Jango Blasters complete.
Sent $400US over three transactions. The last being on the 8/11/06.
He emailed on the 9/11/06 saying the blasters would be sent on the Monday and he would provide me with a tracking number.
No return of emails and no site of him on the RPF or The Rebel Scum forums.
Lodged a dispute with paypal for the 3 transactions.
Two of the transactions were awarded in my favour. The first I ran out of time and was deffered.
He emailed on the 25/12/06 saying he had been away on vacation and asked if I would like a refund or the item. This co-incided when paypal awarded the dispute in my favour. I asked for what I had payed for.
He has been banned from the RPF, Scummers and Sideshow Freaks for being a scammer.

This guy has no conscience, do not get taken like me.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
Re: Transaction gone bad with Mini-rock/Agentrock ebay name
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 07:45 PM »
you got an address on this a#$ hole just in case he changes his name.
He's no good to me open