Author Topic: Bad Trader Thread  (Read 44835 times)

Offline Jockavich

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Transaction gone bad with Mini-rock/Agentrock ebay name
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2007, 05:39 AM »
I have his house address if thats what you mean. He may go by anything with a rock on the end of it, Mini rock, Lil rock or agent rock.
Watch out for this guy. He is a real piece of work. Check this out

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17431

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Bad Trader Thread
« Reply #46 on: July 5, 2007, 02:42 AM »
I hate to be the one bumping this back up... >:(

I had the misfortune of finally being on the end of a bad trade here at JD. Back at the begining of June I bought three McTroopers from Squad-7 here in the forums. I bought them for $31 shipped which a little high, but it wasn't too bad, better than the $38 he was asking initially. After paying him back on June 3rd I didn't here from him again until the 26th of June, even after sending him a few PMs and emails. He was logging on here at JD too, so it wasn't like he was without PC access. I asked several times fro a tracking number but he never gave me one. At one point he told me his wife had e-mailed it to me but I never saw it. I filed a PayPal dispute and I'm going to have to try to get a refund that route.

The guy's name is Valance, he goes by Squad-7 as well. The e-mail address is pandstoys@skyenet.net and the PayPal Account name is Protect and Serve Toys.

EDIT: After over a month and a half I finally got my package. Of course I had to file a claim with PayPal to get any response from the guy. Deal with him at your own risk.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 03:44 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2007, 02:50 PM »
Blackwolf13 never sent the agreed trade - its been 2 months, and still havent received anything.

Offline SilverClone

• Youngling
  • I'm a victim of Jedi Mind Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Should have read YOUR feedback before I purchased the BattleFront-II pack from Squad7 over at Rebelscum.com forums. He totally ripped me and two others off and cleared out his paypal account of funds so we could not recover money from him!

SQUAD7 is a thief!

I hate to be the one bumping this back up... >:(

I had the misfortune of finally being on the end of a bad trade here at JD. Back at the begining of June I bought three McTroopers from Squad-7 here in the forums. I bought them for $31 shipped which a little high, but it wasn't too bad, better than the $38 he was asking initially. After paying him back on June 3rd I didn't here from him again until the 26th of June, even after sending him a few PMs and emails. He was logging on here at JD too, so it wasn't like he was without PC access. I asked several times fro a tracking number but he never gave me one. At one point he told me his wife had e-mailed it to me but I never saw it. I filed a PayPal dispute and I'm going to have to try to get a refund that route.

The guy's name is Valance, he goes by Squad-7 as well. The e-mail address is pandstoys@skyenet.net and the PayPal Account name is Protect and Serve Toys.

EDIT: After over a month and a half I finally got my package. Of course I had to file a claim with PayPal to get any response from the guy. Deal with him at your own risk.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Should have read YOUR feedback before I purchased the BattleFront-II pack from Squad7 over at Rebelscum.com forums. He totally ripped me and two others off and cleared out his paypal account of funds so we could not recover money from him!

SQUAD7 is a thief!

I'm really sorry to hear that man. So did you guys attempt to file PayPal claims against him? I wouldn't think clearing the funds out of your PayPal account would make you immune from claims and refunds. PayPal has to have some sort of security measure that prevents that sort of thing from happening or the whole claim system is fatally flawed. If it isn't too late I'd highly recommend all three of you go that route (if you didn't already try). What kind of excuses did he give you guys?
"This is the way."

Offline SilverClone

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2007, 09:00 PM »
Paypal stated they would "go after him [Squad7]" to get funds from him the best they could but if there are no funds there is little they can do but ban him from paypal. This has happened to me once before and I was able to get some but not all of my money back.

We three "duped" at rebelscum all filed a claim against him. I also put in a claim w/ my credit card company and the other guys with their bank. Last time my credit card company was more helpful.

Oh and the excuses he gave ranged from a "Week from hell" to "behind on a term paper" to worst of all, his "wife had a miscarriage" -all which had nothing to do w/ anything because he PM'd and emailed us all before his excuses that he had mailed out our items and gave us bogus delivery confirmation numbers -then the excuses started rolling in about the delays...we were like, you said you mailed them and gave us bogus DC #'s. And then no communication at all. HE has not even responded to inquiries from paypal. Just removed his money from the paypal account he had.

Squad7 then attempted to discredit every one of us on the forums and no surprise was not fooling anyone once we presented evidence of his crime -yes, crime!

Well...live and learn folks...if you are reading this and see him on this or another site..avoid Squad7 at all costs!

SQUAD7 is a thief!

I'm really sorry to hear that man. So did you guys attempt to file PayPal claims against him? I wouldn't think clearing the funds out of your PayPal account would make you immune from claims and refunds. PayPal has to have some sort of security measure that prevents that sort of thing from happening or the whole claim system is fatally flawed. If it isn't too late I'd highly recommend all three of you go that route (if you didn't already try). What kind of excuses did he give you guys?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2007, 09:58 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...  Scum's trading/classifieds have unfortunately become a haven for scammers.  They're not closely monitored at all, which really hurts the community.  His actions would ban him here...

If Scum's community had half the mod team we've got, that place would be cleaned out...  Curto's one guy there doing all the work modding people (modding that counts...  Not the bull**** stuff like locking/moving threads and keeping things tidy).  I don't even stop over much, but when I do I always see a number of people I'd hand out suspensions/warnings to in any given thread, much less the knobs who are scamming/scalping routinely over there anymore. ;)  I think their membership would get cut in half, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 05:08 AM »
SQUAD7 is a thief!

This seems to be a recurring problem with this guy.  It's probably about time we drop the ban hammer on him here at JD, to protect our trading community from any further problems with this clown...

Sorry to hear about your bad trade, but thanks for the head's up on this scammer.

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 01:49 AM »
I was another one from Rebelscum who got rooked, I go by the name of Desfiy on there, we have requested Philip to ban him but he didnt want to know, so for your own safety I would ban Squad7 on here, and like you have said unfortunately it does appear that rebelscum has turned into a paradise for scammers, luckily this is the first time I have been rooked and I am hoping the last.

Oh and buy the way I am moving in here folks, so please welcome me aboard for good this time, I dont like how Rebelscum has gone.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 01:54 AM by Captain J Sparrow »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2007, 02:31 AM »
To act, we'd need to see some evidence/correspondence, email addresses, etc.  Contact one of the admins/staff here privately to discuss the matter.  I'm available, as are most of the rest of us, or it can be passed on to whoever is available.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2007, 02:50 AM »
Feel free to contact me too, as I have all the stuff Jesse mentioned after he attempted to scam me. I shall crush him. :)

"This is the way."

Offline Squad-7

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2007, 11:04 AM »
All of you are omitting the fact that you either received your item or I gave you a complete refund.  In the case of one you, you have both your money and the items.

I did NOT clear out my Paypal account because of you and your Paypal claims.  I do NOT keep more than a dollar or two in my Paypal account at any given time.  It gets transferred out to my checking account so that it can actually be used.  Your complaints actually made it difficult to transfer money back in to give you your refunds.  Would you like the proof from Paypal's Dispute Resolutions team?

As for calling me a thief, that is libel

And my wife did have a miscarriage - would you like me to email you all the doctors reports, testing results, etc?  Hopefully you never have to go through the death of a child, because it is literally more than a week from hell.

Offline SilverClone

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2007, 12:25 PM »
On libel and thief- Webster Defines it as:
Libel-"A statement or representation published w/out just cause..."
Thief-"One that steals..."
Steal -"To take the property of another"

I believe myself to have just cause as here are the facts:
1. My money (property) was accepted w/ agreement to provide such item in a timely fashion and w/ agreement to provide proof of delivery (DC#) and this did not occur.
2. I was told the item was mailed and provided an initial DC# that was unrecognizable on every occasion
3. I was told the item would be delayed but mailed after-the-fact of being told it WAS in fact mailed -an untruth (still the original DC# was not valid and recognizable)
4. I gave ample opportunity for delivery time and refund
5. A second / different DC# was provided to paypal by squad7 a few days before they were to launch their formal investigation on my claim -this second DC# too was unrecognizable on every occasion as ever existing...
6. My credit card company and paypal came to investigative procedures and the evidence was presented to them
7. My credit card company has credited the money to my account pending it's conclusion of investigation
8. The item I purchased NEVER ever arrived...still has not
9. I recovered my money which at no time was voluntarily refunded by squad7 prior to my pursuing a claim and investigation of funds

Defined:
My property was taken (money) by Squad7, w/out being provided the product and w/ evidence (lack of response, invalid DC#'s, need to pursue recovery) that the product would be provided or as such a voluntary refund provided (and as such on numerous occasions was requested)

Evidence of multiple accounts and witnesses:
Both on this site and Rebelscum, no less than 3 other individuals have reported: similar experiences of purchasing and item, not receiving item(s), having delays, not receiving voluntary refunds, requiring pursuit to recover monies, filing claims against squad7.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 12:26 PM by SilverClone »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2008, 08:05 PM »
It's too bad I have to post here....I really thought Famine would come through with the money he owes me from the beginning of August.  I feel six months is enough time to wait....escpecially when he popped back in here and said he would take care of it two months back and still nothing.  It's not even the money....it's the trust I put in a fellow JD member to do the right thing -  :'( :'(.
Beth

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 3, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Watch out on Ebay if your dealing with someone called Emina1, there is no communication with them, the figures they send you are junk, I have now a Princess Leia Hoth - You know the Rare Kind the one that came with removable head.

I will post pics so you can see what I mean.

As for S&H most people do combined S&H, so I asked him this was ok, he didnt reply so I took as it must be, well he sent them combined shipping, so I thought cool, however he did not put any in even the basic of protection, hell wrap them in a kitchen paper, that stuff is pretty tough, anycase I digress, he had them all rammed into an envelope that I wouldnt even clasify as a small package, try tiny package, lol.  I have to laugh otherwise, I would cry.

When ordering from abroad, get someone to check them for you when they arrive or get them sent straight to you, it was partly my fault as I went combined shipping.