Author Topic: Mission Log (Store Reports)  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Mission Log (Store Reports)
« on: August 18, 2005, 08:18 PM »
As much as I hate to say it one thing I really liked about that other site was the Look what I found section. I really liked how every major group got their own mini forum. In my area for example it was nice to be able to have A Denver/Fort Collins Thread and a Colorado Springs thread, as well as our own trading thread and a non-SW finds thread. Me and Matt_Fury have been trying to bring some of the Denver guys over here but they are resistant to change. ;) I really like how the Mission Log threads are private now, it really sets JD apart from other sites.

I guess what I'm getting at is I'd really like to see some child boards in the Mission Log Section, mainly for the active bigger areas like So Cal., Minnesota/Canuckia, Colorado, New Jersey, Michigan, Norther Cali/Bay Area, Indianapolis, and Iowa. I think that would perfect the Mission log section. And generate some more good traffic.

I know this would probably be a lot of work, but I think it'd be worth it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 05:37 AM by JediMAC »
"This is the way."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Mission Log
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 08:52 PM »
I don't presume to speak for others, but I like having the one MN/Canuckia thread since it keeps everything neatly in one spot instead of a bunch of 3-post threads.

There's my 2 cents anyway.

Perhaps each area could vote as to whether they wanted their own subforum or not.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 09:00 PM »
The way we had it in the RS denver section we had our main thread that had as many posts as the old thread used too, and we had a seperate classified section so it was easier to see who needed what. I think a vote sounds like a fair way to decide.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:22 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 09:09 PM »
Ooh, classifieds. I hadn't thought of that.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 09:48 PM »
Woah woah. No one's even said "yes" or "no" to the idea, and your going Democracy on us! ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 11:23 PM »
Woah woah. No one's even said "yes" or "no" to the idea, and your going Democracy on us! ;)

Kevin

Yeah, I meant we could vote on it if Chris and the Admin even approve the idea.  :P
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:24 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 07:43 PM »
We're discussing this Ryan, but not totally sure we're ready to make a move like that, considering we just "privatized" the store finds, and wanted to see how that was going first.  Is the sole purpose of requesting a 'Child Board' for the Colorado finds simply so you can have two (or three) threads consolidated into one section - one (or two) for regional finds, and one for local "want/trade lists"?  Or am I missing something?

I'm not even sure the MN and SoCal gang would want to do something similar actually, since those seem to be rolling along fine in just the one thread, where the whole general area reports their finds (and chats) together, and does any of their respective trading as well.  But I suppose if enough of the Colorado crew came over here and made it worthwhile enough, we could probably go ahead and split you guys off from the rest of the finds section.  Still have to talk to Chris about it though, but I think we could probably swing it.

- M