Author Topic: Has Anyone seen 12" BikerScout  (Read 22663 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Has Anyone seen 12" BikerScout
« Reply #60 on: March 6, 2004, 04:17 PM »
I guess Chris hasn't, but these were not released in Canada.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2004, 12:06 PM »
I have never seen this figure either.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2004, 01:59 PM »
Finally!

Thanks to JuvyD (Jim) I have my 12" biker scout.  Woot!  Call me one happy camper and insert happy dancing icon here __________

Also got my Yoda 5"??? figure from him.  It is very well done, but I can't help but feel that maybe it's a bit of a rip off on Hasbro's part.  Oh sure, the chair is there with some other cool accessories, but with the Jawas and the Ewoks, there were two figures at least.  I guess they think the chair makes up for it :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2004, 02:06 PM »
Finally!

Thanks to JuvyD (Jim) I have my 12" biker scout.  Woot!  Call me one happy camper and insert happy dancing icon here    

Nice to see ya finally got one!  8)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2004, 05:24 PM »
Finally!

Thanks to JuvyD (Jim) I have my 12" biker scout.  Woot!  Call me one happy camper and insert happy dancing icon here __________

after all that looking, and searching, and waiting - is he worth it (my answer is yes)?  ;D
quite possibly the best 12" figure hasbro has done so far, at least imo. although the one that came with the bike is a little better me things.

Also got my Yoda 5"??? figure from him.  It is very well done, but I can't help but feel that maybe it's a bit of a rip off on Hasbro's part.  Oh sure, the chair is there with some other cool accessories, but with the Jawas and the Ewoks, there were two figures at least.  I guess they think the chair makes up for it :-\

i felt the same way. i broke down and ordered one from brian's toys for $30 (which i didin't think was actually too bad, considering what i had seen them going for on ebay), not to mention that i picked up a bunch of other 12" figs i needed that they had on clearance for $12 each. but when the box came, i opened it up and felt a little short changed. and let's go into the "articulation" on yoda, if you want to call it that. not sure if you open 12" or not, but i open all of mine. and the articulation on yoda flat out sucks. i mean, i guess it's kinda keeping in line with the articulation on the entire 12" line - since they all suck. and the energy beam that he comes with is very, uhhh.... limp and flimsy. if i place it in his hand pointing up, by the next morning it's pointing down and won't go back up (get your mind out of the gutter  ;) ) so i pretty much end up flipping it over every morning while i wait for my pc to boot up.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2004, 09:33 PM »
I haven't cracked him out of the box yet.  The head just seems so damn big, probably because the last figure I picked up in this scale is the tiny-mellon-Boba.  That just looks weird.  This one will be a most excellent fit beside the AT-AT driver, snowtrooper, stormtrooper and sandtrooper.  I got the right Vader as well.  

I would have loved to have the speeder bike version, but it just wasn't practical.  That was never released here in Canada and I wasn't collecting 12" while it was around.  The shipping was a killer, I'm sure, for those that did pick it up and have it shipped.  

Gutter?  What gutter? :-*

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2004, 12:58 AM »
Saw the whole wave at TRU yesterday. If I recall correctly, it's the first time I've seen any in stores. They cut the box open right in front of me, otherwise I'm sure I'd have missed it. I was on a buying spree and bought the Ewoks, although I had not been looking for them. I kept looking at the scout thinking I'd love to get it to offer on RS, but I couldn't afford it.

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2005, 12:06 AM »
Just picked up a couple of these with speeder bikes for $20.00 each.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."