Author Topic: The Professor's Dioramas updated 3.8.06  (Read 13077 times)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: The Professor's Dioramas updated 3.8.06
« Reply #30 on: March 9, 2006, 02:26 AM »
Mate they are some serious looking dios you have a great talent that is for sure just by looking at your work really look forward to seeing more.

Ron

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #31 on: March 9, 2006, 02:45 AM »
Thanks, Jediknight760071, CHEWIE!, In Rem, BrentS, and hemble.  I really wanted to finally show off some of my "unseen" dioramas.  Because I have so many and am away from home at college most of the year, I haven't photographed a lot of them.  I also want to revise some of my earliest before I take serious time out to photograph them.  They're not always the most accurate but I go for a playset approach that makes sense in terms of the movies and captures the feel of the sets. 

As always, I'm thoroughly impressed by the comments on this site.  I would spend far more time on these boards if there were a custom dioramas forum.  As much as I love custom figures and quality photonovels, I haven't ventured into either arena, so it's easy for me to get lost over here.  However, the elite (or at least the best quality) Star Wars fans can be found here.  Thanks for your comments, and I'll try to post more on the excellent customizing work I find over here. 
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 9, 2006, 02:52 AM »
Welcome professor,

These diroamas are unbelievable! I can't imagine having the creativity to do these. Well done, my friend!

My favorite shot was of Yoda lying on the floor with Palpatine above him...great camera work. But my favorite dio would have to be the Mustafar Control Room where the Seps get slaughtered. A little mood lighting and it would be perfect!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 9, 2006, 09:36 AM »

As always, I'm thoroughly impressed by the comments on this site.  I would spend far more time on these boards if there were a custom dioramas forum.  As much as I love custom figures and quality photonovels, I haven't ventured into either arena, so it's easy for me to get lost over here.  However, the elite (or at least the best quality) Star Wars fans can be found here.  Thanks for your comments, and I'll try to post more on the excellent customizing work I find over here. 

I'm a relative newbie here at this site but I have to think that Threads on Custom Dioramas would be quite welcome.  I think Dioramas, Custom Figures, and Photonovels all blend together anyway.  Just different versions of the same hobby.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #34 on: March 9, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Wow professor, alot of these are great.
I would love to make a dio or two, i just dont have the storage space.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #35 on: March 9, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Holy **** Man I don't have time to comment on all of these. I have maybe 10 mins before I have to walk out the door and I still have like 8 more threads to check out. I'll leave a decent post sometime this weekend or tommorow.