Author Topic: Smartypants update 6/24/07 Sith lord  (Read 66845 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: sp1635s customs updated nov 15
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2005, 09:12 AM »
thanks for the kind words. yeah i wish i had the materials to do these earlier but i was in an area w/out much clones it sucked just recently when rots cam out on dvd we had a big boom of clones ;D so i was really happy i finaly got to do my guys now 4 more to go and the arc squad is complete

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2005, 10:52 PM »
hmm only hemble and chewie once agin hmmmmmmm

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 11:08 PM »
How often do you give feedback to everyone else's work?   ;)

I'm sure more people will start sharing their thoughts on your customs soon... seems like it has been a little bit slow here as of late though.  Hopefully it will pick up soon.    :)

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 11:54 PM »
I think part of the lack of response has to do with the fact that Smarty's doing clones, and I think a lot of people are burnt out on them.

I'm not though...very nice work, Smarty. I especially like the twin holsters on the chest of the Red Arc.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2005, 10:24 PM »
yeah chew  basiclay mos of the time its just look and out the door ( guitar lessons hockey and over to a freinds to work on a project)
 never rely have tim eto check everyone out and i guess that happens toa alot o people sorry i need patience

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Hey everyone an update is heading your way :o, yes its true, yours truly has actualy found time to make some customs during finals week. I just have to let the camera charge and they'll be in

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: sp1635s customs updated JAN 14
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2006, 06:01 PM »
here they  are feast your eyes on these.

the yellow troop is my melee trooper for my squad and the gold bot is also part of the squad, the greivouse repaitn will appear in my photonovels and the snake jedi is a thisspian. without further adue

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2006, 09:50 PM »
Now I remember those ARC troopers. I knew Id find them eventually. I like the double chest holsters on the red one. I may be stealing ....ahem.. borrowing the inspiration on that one. I remember telling you in another post that I hadn't seen them. I didn't realise that THOSE were yours. excellent work on all of them.

For some reason, and I dont know why I love that grevious repaint. No offense to your skills, I just dont like the character. But the black and red really make that figure into something worth while.

The snake man is awesome BTW, here did you get the tail peice, Due to the angle of the pic I couldnt tell he had one at first. It kinda reminds me of Golobulous from G.I.Joe the movie, with a little bit of Medusa from Clash of the Titans thrown in.

Unfortunately due to time constraints, ( I have to use library computers, and the one at work) I usually don't have the time to post on every thread I see. As much as I'd love to, its just impossible sometimes. So dont feel bad if someone doesnt post right away.

Keep up the good work. Im constantly impressed by a lot of the stuff Im seeing.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2006, 01:12 AM »
i was also going to say that the Snake Jedi made me think of Clash of the Titans Medusa too Ennis...all he needs is a quiver on his back full of arrows and a crossbow  :)

i like the idea of the female clone, i think she just needs to have "breast armor" to be a little more believable...unless she is really flat chested  :P

i don't really care too much for the vader-bot myself, but that's just me... maybe with different legs or arms, more droid-like/android i would like it a little better...but if it makes you happy then keep it the way it is.

good work overall on the paint, just a few lines that could be cleaned up but other than that, looking good  :)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2006, 12:58 PM »
THanks Ennis  and Ripley for your comments.

Ennis: The original grievouse bugged me to, but I started looking at him and thought
" that would be cool if he were black and red, very stealthy" To answer your question, the snake tail I got from a old squeaky Cobra rubber animal. I repainted teh tail the body and voila. ps feel free to use any of my designs Ennis

Ripley: i was originaly either gonna geta hold of 2 mquarrie troops (here   http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0334McStormtrooper.asp ) for the 2 female troops in my regiment but alas i missed my chance for 2 of them for 12 dollars :'( and also i now notice the bot needs his paint job fixed thanks.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2006, 07:14 PM »
ok here is a quick wip.
 i did this liek 30 mins ago so it's a custom quickie :-\ i can't decide what color to paint him any suggestions would be great.

i thought if hes a bounty hunter or merc, hes gonna have some scaring. I put alot of scaring on 1 side becuase maybe he was caught in a detonator explosion 8)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: sp1635s customs updated JAN 15 wip merc/bounty hunter
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Hot Pink.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2006, 07:26 PM »
hes not a skater punk kevin ::)

adam

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 05:55 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline magillafett

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2006, 07:51 PM »
I don't like Greenday either, but was it really necessary to give out his personal information on a public message board?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2006, 09:32 PM »
Hey Smarty,

I really like the design on the girl in the clone armor; it very much fits in with the sort of designs we've seen on some of the conceptual clones for Ep. III.

The standout here for me, though, is the Dash Rendar backpack on the Dug...great idea, and one I'm going to borrow. It really does seem like a weapon designed for that species.

As for Greenday, normally I wouldn't agree with putting anyone's info on a public message board...but as he's a very special little creep, I say he's got it coming. You may want to edit it though, Smarty...I'm not sure if you could be held responsible for some sort of privacy violation.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!