Author Topic: Smartypants update 6/24/07 Sith lord  (Read 67179 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: sp1635s customs updated 3/19/06
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Yeah, BRENTS you posted a comment over in the MCC thread.
Its good to know that I'm not completely nuts.  I hope my comments didn't contradict  ;D

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2006, 04:34 PM »
No, they didn't dont worry bout it. You helped my thread go to page 8 you rock. ;D

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2006, 05:17 PM »
Update tonight hopefully, I have a mechanic done.
I have to make sure my mom is gone so I can take a picture.
also check out pg 7

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Mate great concept for the Sith lord I like this alot and the soft goods are a good idea but I think a cloth cape would look better then a robe but thats my personal predfence.

Ron

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2006, 11:29 PM »
I'm glad you like the basic Idea Hemble but I love how he turned out he has that native kalee feel.
 If you havn't seen a kaleesh before do a search at wikipedia.org they have him there.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2006, 12:42 PM »
Hey everyone this is my last update for a few weeks possibly months :'( I got a C so im in trouble so this is it, my mechanic.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 12:42 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: sp1635s customs updated 3/23/06
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Nice gi joe mod. We don't get to see many human mechanics in the SW universe. He's nice and greasy.

What you get a C in? 
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2006, 02:15 PM »
BIO, Its a 12 grade class for public schools and we are taking it in 9th grade it really sucks. :(

And thanks for the compliment Phruby I think he turned out really well to.
His body is a BBI guy with a mounted machine gun and his head is Comtech Han.
To get his head to fit I had to dremel down into the body from the neck and then drill a smaller hole in that for his neck post to go in. Took a bit of ingenuity but it worked great.

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2006, 02:18 PM »
Interesting,all i see what hasbro made were alien mechanics.
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2006, 02:28 PM »
I actually like this. The fact that he's holding him by the neck like a chicken is priceless. It is a great original concept. Mechanics are something that are hardly ever seen. He does look like he really gets into his work though.

It sucks that youve been grounded, and wont be able to update. Biology was hard, even back in the olden days when I was in school. Of course all we had to cut open were dinosaurs. BUt hey it was the 80's what can I say.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2006, 02:50 PM »
Thanks Ennis my parents are out of the house and im working on bio vocab on the comp so  ;D I get the chance to talk. 

I like the pic where hes holding his pit droid aswell, They are just annoying. For the tools in starwars the lego tools can't lead you wrong, they may be a bit out of place but they fit perfectly, and with a bit of paint ;).

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2006, 01:42 PM »
BUMP where are the normal posters? :(

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2006, 04:04 PM »
Hi there Smartypants1635,

I checked out your custom works today. You have a nice selection going there. I made a list of some of the figures and here are my comments:

I like the paint schemes you came up with for your clones. I am not big on clones modifications, you have some good ideas. The red trooper with the guns mounted on the front, from particle experience with the military, a trooper would not want to have the side arms directly in front of his chest. The armor is to bulky to get access to them and if a round should hit the chest, the guns would go off and do more damage. Just my opinion.

The snake jedi - very interesting design and nice paint job.

Black and Red Grevious - again nice paint scheme and application.

Black and Gold Droid - interesting concept. The head looks a little out of proportion to the body.

Merc Dug - I love this design, one of your best. I really like the green and orange with the silver costume. The texture for the face disfigurement looks awesome. Great job.

MCC Sith Lord Grisgo - interesting design. I am not a big fan of soft goods, but in this case, it works ok here. Now if I could turn you to the sculpting side, This figure could standout with sculpted detail. Just my two cents.

The Human Mechanic - Another fine piece of work here. I like the use of accessories (The pit droid had me rolling). The paint job is dirty, the figure looks used and abused which brings a sense of realism to the character.

Over all, I see your skills are progressing and it shows in your work. You are not afraid to experiment and take chances with your designs. Keep it up.

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2006, 04:24 PM »

Hey I posted! But Im not sure I could be considered normal. :P ;D

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2006, 06:24 PM »

Hey I posted! But Im not sure I could be considered normal. :P ;D
Anything but normal, my crazy friend  :D :P ;)

Thanks for the compliments BEN I dabble in sculpting just not Entire figures. I'm to afraid to do that. The Red arc has been Modified since he was originaly posted along with my other arcs.
The red one stll has the holsters on his chest, but I figure since those are his main guns and since they are ion weapons and not projectile weapons like ours if they got hit they wouldn't go off since the guns shut down with the push of a button.

None of my arcs are done until I get a hold of RC backpacks. Then I can cast the packs and give them each an RC pack. Because each of these guys may have to paradive into enemy territory to get in undiscovered, they need RC backpacks. Each of those packs have a few seconds worth of fuel. IF they dive they pull it for the last ten seconds and none are the wiser.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 06:35 PM by Smartypants1635 »