Author Topic: Sam's Club Exclusives?  (Read 12270 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Sam's Club Exclusives?
« on: August 21, 2005, 02:46 PM »
I'm not sure how accurate this piece of news is, since it comes from another site, but I feel it may be worth sharing anyway.

Anyway, they're saying that this fall, Sam's will be getting two exclusive sets. The first is a repackaged Mustafar playset with 4 Clones. The types of Clones are not yet known. The second is an ARC-170 with 3 Clone Pilots and an Astromech droid. Both sets will be $30.

IF this is true, I'm definately getting the ARC, possibly the Mustafar set too, depending on what Clones they pack in.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sam's Club Exclusives?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 03:40 PM »
The first is a repackaged Mustafar playset with 4 Clones. The types of Clones are not yet known. The second is an ARC-170 with 3 Clone Pilots and an Astromech droid. Both sets will be $30.

Even with the extra Clones, I'm still not that interested in the Playset.

But the ARC-170 with extra Clones & Astromech, now that's a great deal.  Assuming they charge the same price as current retail for the regular ARC-170.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 03:43 PM »
For people that don't already have these toys, that's a great deal.  Both the playset and the ARC-170 are selling everywhere else for 30 dollars on their own, so 30 dollars for the existing toy and 4 figures?  Even if this is more "other site" (I like what you did there, Diddly) bull****, it really isn't such a bad idea.

Given that most Sam's Club exclusives tend to be existing stuff that is simply packaged together (with little or no new stuff included that you can't get elsewhere), it wouldn't surprise me if this was along the lines of the OTC Millennium Falcon set (with the figures in a box attached to the top).  Still, an ARC-170 with three Clone Pilots and an Astromech (I'm thinking it would be G9), and a Mustafar set with four Clones (possibly 4 Shocktroopers?) AND the already included Obi-Wan and Anakin figures are both really good deals.

In fact, the Mustafar set with 4 Clones sounds like an awesome (pardon the Hasbro hyperbole) Christmas gift for charity.  Imagine waking up on Christmas morning and having an entire play environment AND the two main characters AND 4 other bad guys all at once!  Very cool, I think.  :)

Again, though, this is all contingent on you-know-where not blowing you-know-what up everyone's you-know-which for the millionth time.  ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 03:46 PM »
I've heard a bit of interesting news about Sam's Club lately that goes beyond this stuff, but I'm not surprised to hear Star Wars in there too.  They've been doing stuff like this every now and then so that's a good thing.

I'm curious if the figures will be different though...  THAT will suck.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 07:14 PM »
Getting four Clones (red or white) would easily sell me on the Mustafar set.

And if the Pilots included with the ARC are black ones, I'll pick up another one of those. You can never have too many Clones.  ;)

Now I just hope this is true.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 08:28 PM »
For the most part I do not buy 99% of the vehicles that come out anymore, though my son will buy some. I have liked the ARC 170 but not for a plain #30. However, at Sam's for that price and 4 figures, I may have to consider that. How much do you want to bet the R2 figure is like Obi Wan's Jedi Fighter one, basically the top and side and it just slides into position!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 10:48 PM »
I will definitely buy these at whatever price they charge, plus the 10% mark-up for not being a member (I refuse to join Sams Club when I'm already a BJ's member).

I'm hoping that the Mustafar Playset will just be packaged with #6 Shocktrooper repaints and the ARC-170 will be packaged with R4-G9 and three gray or black pilots. That way, there won't be any need for me to buy openers of either. Although, the fact that figures are now $6 each and both sets come with four, that means you're really only paying $6 for an ARC-170 or the Mustafar playset. Not a bad deal.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 10:57 PM »
This sounds fantastic, considering I don't have the ARC-170 or Mustafar yet.

But this sounds like too good of a bargain to be true.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 11:00 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Agreed.

I would buy it just for the clones and ship for the same price of the ship. 

Although it seems to go to be true, I think it might be accurate.  When Sam's offered the Falcon last year with 5 (?) figures it was price at 54.99, same as the Falcon by itself elsewhere (at least that is what I remember, wasn't it?).  So army builders and cool ship lovers might get lucky this year.

Bring on the clones ;D
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 01:38 AM »
i should've waited to get the ARC  :-[ but who knew on 4/2 that the ARC would be a shelf warmer and the Gunship no where to be found  :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 08:54 AM »
Well once i see pics, i will consider them.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 05:06 AM »
I would not mind having another ARC-170 with all it's figures. I hope at least that the astromech droid is a painted unlike any we already have. I think that may be too much to hope for where the pilots are concerned but even a new helmet logo for them would be cool. Three black Clone Pilots would rock the world. :)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 05:14 AM »
I think they should skip the Mustafar playset and give us the Gunship with clones.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 02:26 PM »
I think they should skip the Mustafar playset and give us the Gunship with clones.  ;D

Now that's a very good ideal. :)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 05:02 PM »
Sam's Club should get army builder packs on the cheap...  SA Clones in a single box for on the low price side.  Word is they're doing that with another toy line, so I'd think it should happen with Hasbro too.  Help get those variants out there to those who want them in droves.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77