Collectibles > Power of the Jedi

bespin guard

<< < (2/5) > >>

Chris:
Big Oops!! What was I thinking? There is a Vintage "Black" Bespin Guard, not POTJ. One again, sorry. :-X ::)

Jesse James:
The Freeze Chamber Guard, I can confirm, is not black...  He actually strongly resembles David Duchovney from the X-Files.

He's cobbled together from parts of other figures...  His body for instance is that of Darth Sidious.  His arms are that of the Complete Galaxy and Target Skiff Luke's (Even has the poseable right hand).

His head's the only new part.  It's a single piece sculpt so the hat's not removeable like the POTJ figure.

Oddly enough, the POTJ figure's got an open jacket which if I remember correctly, NONE of the Bespin Guards in the film had opened jackets.

Just a strange mix-up on Hasbro's part I guess.

There have been rumors of head variant POTJ Bespin Guards that were on tap but never produced.  I'd take a 4 pack of unique head POTJ Bespin Guards though...  That's one of Hasbro's better figures IMO.

Nicklab:
THe Bespin Guard does seem like a suitable candidate for head variations.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for that one.

Jesse James:
Indeed, and it was a strong rumor at one point (Never solidified by a site, just strong rumor).

I'd take a black guy and white guy gladly...  Even the Asian with the mustache to fill out the vintage lineup.

Ook:
Wasn't the one with the 'stache Hispanic?

I just got the POTJ one, and I'm really impressed. Excellent sculpt and detail. And 4 accessories? Fantastic! Each one goes on the belt and everything; removable hat; 2 elbow joints instead of the one you might expect from figures made at that time. Love this figure.

The pack-in on the other hand, judging by online pics, is a complete turd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version