Author Topic: bespin guard  (Read 16064 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: bespin guard
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2004, 11:34 AM »
The Bespin Guard pack-in from the Carbon Chamber is really pretty crappy, specially when standing beside the POTJ Bespin Guard. I, too, wish they'd make at least one more Guard (closed vest) with a few head variants and even better articulation.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 01:26 AM »
The Bespin Guard pack-in from the Carbon Chamber is really pretty crappy, specially when standing beside the POTJ Bespin Guard. I, too, wish they'd make at least one more Guard (closed vest) with a few head variants and even better articulation.

It would also be nice to have one with better posture.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 01:15 AM »
Yeah, the posture is wierd, it works great for this figure, but not great for army building. Very under rated figure though. One of my favorates from that line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Padawan Wagaboodles

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose wisely
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 10:35 AM »
I don't know why they just didn't use a repainted version of the carded figure for the Freezing Chamber Guard.  It seems like that would have saved money on Hasbro's part and given us a better looking figure.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 08:18 PM »
True true ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:30 PM by Gatillo »
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 08:44 PM »
I think wagaboodles is saying he wanted the POTJ figure repainted for the Bespin Playset rather than the reversal, I could be wrong though.

I too wasn't ever a fan of the Bespin Guard's awkward posture.  It was a sign of highly negative things to come in 2002 - 2003 with really pre-posed figures.  The BG's not TOO pre-posed, but that lean is dumb.  Two figures that had a similar asinine pose were the Outlander Duo of Faytonni and Beq.  They look like **** IMO, despite pretty great articulation.  If the torso's were normal, that'd be a figure I'd have actually army built with to make republic Officers.

The other problem with the Bespin Guard beyond his lean is his vest is open.  No guard looked like that in the films, so it's weird.  I don't even know what promo shot or LFL image they used to base the figure off of then really.

I'd actually dig a new Bespin Guard, if Hasbro even re-used the arms, hat, and weapons on it or something, that'd be cool, just sculpt a new body (no coat open), and maybe some new (and perhaps better?) legs, and that'd be a pretty perfect figure for me.  Be great if they did the Black and Asian chaps from the vintage line...  A white guy variant wouldn't hurt either to me.  Given the BG's track record though I dont' think they'll go with that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 12:49 AM »
I would dig a new more movie accurate Bespin Guard. I think Hasbro did a cool think when they offered the Saga Endor Trooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper, and Imperial Officer with different heads, so that would be a must for a new BG. And I always like to see articulation on figures, the more the marrier. Can Hasbro say Super-Artculation? Really all new figure need that treatment, but troop builder types are a must period IMO.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 08:40 PM »
I say hell yeah to a new guard, especially a black guard like the old days.

BTW, can somebody give me the URL for lighting the Carbon freeze chamber?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 11:38 PM »
I consider, this carded Bespin guard got a nice configuration, enough tall, slim, young looking and with decent articulation.
The accesories of this action figure make sense with the depiction of the character.