Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 257546 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2005, 09:18 AM »
Got Count Dooku last night.  I had passed on it but upon learning that you can chop off the hands and head, well hell I rushed to Target and picked one of the 22 there. 

TRU had the megapacks.  But those dumb TRU employees were opening up the megapacks and putting the individual figures on the pegs.  If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not believe it.  Nice :-X
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2005, 01:27 PM »
wookie flyer @ 1 target 2 days ago and 4 crispy Anakins at another.  Today 1 gunner, 1 red guard and 1 Zett.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2005, 03:29 PM »
At the downtown SLC Walmart on 1300 South and at the Lindon Wamart (near to Provo) the following figures were found and purchased:
Obi Wan Kenobi Pilot
Black Clone Pilot
Green Clone Commander
Red Shock Clone Trooper
AT-RT Driver
Mustfar Sentry

I was not there, I was late so all I got was Obi Wan Pilot which is the SA Obi Wan we want, and the cloak comes off, AND he fits in the starfighter, and his knees with his feet, waist, shoulders, elbows, hand and head all move anyway  but this is the case figure I have come up with that hit based on SSG.

The #6 clone is the shock trooper clone.
The single Commander is the Green Commander.
Rest fit. Only thing I cannot figure out is that there were 2 Black Clone pilots per case but I do not know what they replaced. Hopefully I find out tonight at a local Wally.

SW Episode III Collection 1, Wave 6

2x Darth Vader (EIII #11),
1x Clone Trooper (EIII #41),
1x R2-D2 (EIII #48),
1x Anakin Skywalker (EIII #50),
1x Commander Bacara (EIII #49),
2x Turbo Tank Driver (EIII #54),
2x Obi-Wan Pilot (EIII #56),
2x Flea Rider (EIII #55)

SW Episode III Collection 1, Wave 5, Rev. 1

2x Clone Trooper (EIII #6),
3x Darth Vader (EIII #11),
1x Clone Commander (eiii #33),
2x R2-D2 (EIII #48),
2x Anakin Skywalker (EIII #50),
2x Commander Bacara (EIII #49)
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

SilverZ

« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Found the TRU exclusive Obi-Wan Starfighter w/ Obi-Wan figure (blue redeco) in Pleasant Hill, CA for 24.99.

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2005, 01:36 AM »
Most successful and satifying hunt I've had in a LONG time! First, here is the case I found tonight after scoring my own Green Commander, Shock Trooper, AT-RT (and my son scored an Obi Wan Pilot that he wanted for him because he doesn't want to "borrow" mine, he wanted his own!).

Case 87153A009
1 Green clone commander
1 Shock Trooper
1 AT-RT Driver
1 Obi Wan Pilot
2 Grevious (4 swords)
2 Darth Vader
1 SA Clone #42
1 Yoda
1 Emperor
1 Bacara

I took the Green Clone Commander, the Shock Trooper, the AT-RT Driver, and my son was with me and he bought the Obi Wan Pilot.

Then we went to another Wally and found 2 different cases. The first is the one above. The second I could not find the case number but here is the breakdown sort of:
2 Shock Trooper Clones
1 AT-RT
1 Green Clone Commander
1 R2D2
2 Anakin on Mustafar or Crispy Anakin
1 Yoda
1 Emperor

3 other figures that I believe are 2 Vaders and 1 Grevious but I could not be sure. Reason is there was a Dad there with his two sons and I told them about the new stuff. The oldest son collects the Galatic Heros, but then we opened up cases (there were 5 of the 85173A009 and 3 of the second one I listed) and each son took 1 of the Green Clone Commander, the AT-RT Driver, the Shock Trooper and the Obi Wan Pilot. Then one took an Anakin on Mustafar. The coolest thing was I had my 11 year old son with me and as we were walking out to the car, my son said "Dad, that is a great feeling to help others get excited about our hobby!" Let me tell you, I was extremely proud of my son.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2005, 03:48 AM »
Holy crap, nice find Black Dog!  Did you come across the black Clone Pilot figure as well?  I saw another Utah collector mention finding that one out there too...

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2005, 03:49 AM »
3 other figures that I believe are 2 Vaders and 1 Grevious but I could not be sure. Reason is there was a Dad there with his two sons and I told them about the new stuff. The oldest son collects the Galatic Heros, but then we opened up cases (there were 5 of the 85173A009 and 3 of the second one I listed) and each son took 1 of the Green Clone Commander, the AT-RT Driver, the Shock Trooper and the Obi Wan Pilot. Then one took an Anakin on Mustafar. The coolest thing was I had my 11 year old son with me and as we were walking out to the car, my son said "Dad, that is a great feeling to help others get excited about our hobby!" Let me tell you, I was extremely proud of my son.

Great story, that's the way this hobby should be.

Also, congrats on the finds.  I can't wait to get Pilot Obi.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Wow, I just chimed in to report picking up my second set of 51-53 and now I have to go back out on the hunt again. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2005, 01:48 PM »
The Black Clone Pilot has been found, and was there, I just didnt want him so I didn't mention him or look for him. Another collector who came about an hour after I did and finished opening and putting up cases found 2 of him. He is not in every case though and I think he will be the hardest figure to find of all of the new ones.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 24, 2005, 06:00 AM »
Case 87153A009
1 Green clone commander
1 Shock Trooper
1 AT-RT Driver
1 Obi Wan Pilot
2 Grevious (4 swords)
2 Darth Vader
1 SA Clone #42
1 Yoda
1 Emperor
1 Bacara

I can confirm this case as well. Found them at a local Walmart. Picked up the new figures and repaints.
I remember my dream now.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2005, 11:17 AM »
Scored the Obi Wan Pilot wave this morning!!

#54 AT-RT Driver x 1
#55 Obi Wan Kenobi x 2
SA Clone Trooper x 1
Shock Trooper x 2
Green Clone Commander x 1

there were tons of Vaders, Grevious, everything from April 2!!

it looks like retailers are FINALLY Restocking!! *cross fingers*

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 25, 2005, 11:53 PM »
Got my Ask Aak today and my Zett Jukassa. Good day overall since I helped a friend find several items he was looking for regarding SW and LOTR.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #297 on: July 26, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Found 51, 52, and 53 last night.  Only got the Utapaun warrior which is pretty cool.  Antilles and Zett really suck, so I passed.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2005, 12:35 PM »
Purchased a Black Clone Pilot at Walmart
got 2 more Shock Troopers  ;D

this is crazy, soo many new toys yet little money.   :-[

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile