Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 257453 times)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #765 on: November 23, 2005, 04:52 PM »
Found 3 Shadowtroopers behind the Lava figs (that are collecting dust...mostly Obi Wans).  Got 2, left 1.  I don't know why I got 2 since I already have 4.  :-\ I have the same feeling everytime I see a trooper.  I go to WM and I see tons of AT-RT drivers and I always have this funny feeling that I "need" more.  I don't know what's going on.  It's like I'm insecure about how many of these I have.  I guess it's because the ROTS trooper builders really are SUPER COOL!   Anyone else feel this way?   ???

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 23, 2005, 08:59 PM »
I got the Commander Bly and Gree variants, plus a extra Shadow Trooper for the heck of it.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 23, 2005, 09:35 PM »
I got the Commander Bly and Gree variants, plus a extra Shadow Trooper for the heck of it.

Are they really different from the first ones?

As for me I picked up another Gray Clone Evo, Shadow Trooper and a R4 for a Xmas present.
I remember my dream now.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 23, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Good question MetalJedi. I've looked at pictures and I don't think there is enough difference to justify another Gree without the helmet being fixed; Bly seems to be more movie accurate but I for one am not going to spend time hunting down a variant. If I find one in my travels, great, if not, that's great too.
Found two more tactical ops today, but I bought 8 SA 41's for custom paint jobs! 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 11:52 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #769 on: November 23, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Picked up a couple more red Royal Guards and ten 501st Clones for a friend and myself.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #770 on: November 24, 2005, 02:04 AM »
I was lucky enough to find 4 501st Clones on Wednesday along with R4-P17 and the Wookie Heavy Gunner. Though I don't have every figure in the ROTS line, I have every figure I'm interested in and as such I finally feel all caught up in the line. Now onto TSC 2006...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #771 on: November 24, 2005, 03:50 PM »
Though I don't have every figure in the ROTS line, I have every figure I'm interested in and as such I finally feel all caught up in the line. Now onto TSC 2006...

I've been in the same boat as you for a couple of weeks now, except for the Covert Ops Clone, so right now I'm just buying Clone Troopers for my humble little Clone Army.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 03:57 PM by DarthAcroyear »
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 24, 2005, 06:43 PM »

Are they really different from the first ones?

As for me I picked up another Gray Clone Evo, Shadow Trooper and a R4 for a Xmas present.

They are actually markedly different from the 1st releases. The Gree is nothing to write home about, darker visor and a lot more reflective than the lime green visor, a very weak attempt to make the camo more like camo. The Bly on the other hand is much better! The orange/brown -ish stripe on the helmet and chest actually provides a awesome contrast to the yellow. The two-tone of the colors is much better than the uniform yellow of the original Bly. Plus I hear this corrected paint app. is much more movie accurate! Trust me, if you don't want to have 2 Blys, just get this corrected version, and return the original version.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 25, 2005, 06:07 AM »
Braved the stupid crowds this Black Friday morning.  WM at 0530 was ridiculous!!!  I almost didn't even pull into the parking lot, which was full to the gills.  Cop cars everywhere (6) w/ lights going, 2 ambulances, cats and dogs living together!  MASS HYSTERIA!! 

Found: Final 5 (1st time I've seen them) including a #68 R4, plus Red Guard, Tarkin, and........the baby figures (Separation of the Twins).

I barely made it out as there were a ton of folks w/ 20" flat screen TVs and other nonsense clogging up every isle.

TRU didn't have anything but the new HALO 2 figures (no Arbiter) and no new Star Wars stuff.   Didn't even try any other store...

*Update* I should add that the Separation of the Twins are put on the pegs just like a regular figure.  No separate section for them and yes they are $4.77 in Northern Virginia just like elsewhere.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 06:34 AM by rishakra »

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #774 on: November 26, 2005, 01:44 AM »
Just picked up one set of the Separation Of The Twins.
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 26, 2005, 01:48 PM »
For whatever reason, I found a corrected #64 R4 and picked it up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 26, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Got the new Gree today. Couldn't find Bly or the Twins.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 26, 2005, 10:03 PM »
Picked up the separation of the twins figures. 1 each Obi and Bail.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 28, 2005, 01:16 AM »
Picked up 2 Tac Ops, 1 DVD Clone Set, 1 Gree, 1 Holo Plo, 1 Holo Aayla and 1 Wookiee Gunner this weekend.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 28, 2005, 09:14 AM »
We hit Target for the "Black Friday" sale on Friday morning, but they didn't have much in the way of new Star Wars stuff.  Same figures on the pegs that they have had, although they did have a few of the exclusive troopers.  We did get some Christmas shopping done, and pick up a few DVDs since they were going for some great prices.  Anyways, we stopped at Wal-mart on the way home (around 7:30 - surprisingly not as crazy busy as we thought), I had hoped to find the twin sets, but they didn't have them.  They did have a little bit of the final 5 figures though, so I was able to pick up 1 Tactical Ops Trooper and 1 R4.  They had another R4, and two Holo Aaylas there.  No Wookiee Gunners or Holo Plo Koon.  Nice to find something new though.