Author Topic: RotS DVD 3-Packs!  (Read 25466 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
RotS DVD 3-Packs!
« on: August 22, 2005, 04:21 PM »
Not sure who they belong to yet, but If I had to take a guess, I'd say they will be at Wal-Mart for the DVD release, just like the OT and CW sets were...

Yes, folks it's another variant of the 3-Pack Clones, only this time in a fancy box!

The Jedi Set looks like it has the "Battle Arena" Versions...

And yes, a Sith box of repacks as well!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: RotS DVD 3-Packs!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 04:33 PM »
The Jedi Set looks like it has the "Battle Arena" Versions...

The Anakin is definitely from the Battle Arena (I can tell because of that disturbing arm pose), but I'm not so sure about the Mace and Obi-Wan.  I'm fairly sure that the Obi-Wan is the same figure that was packed in with the Mustafar playset (I could be wrong though).

The Mace is curious because it almost looks like the Episode I Mace figure with a purple lightsaber.   ???

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 04:35 PM »
That looks like the Mail Away Episode I Mace

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Straight from my buddy Red5sixx's ebay auction pics over on www.bluedottoyz.com. Wild, man. You Jedidefender researchers waste no time!

Oh, and that is indeed the Ep. 1 mail away Mace. I've held these babies in my hands and they are beautiful. But then, I'm a sucker for boxed sets.

-DD
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 08:50 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 04:39 PM »
Uh oh.

I guess I'll buy 'em since I bought the OT sets and the CW sets.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 04:39 PM »
That looks like the Mail Away Episode I Mace

Yeah, it does sort of look like that Mace with a purple saber... strange to drag that mold out for this set.   ???

I'll definately pass on the Jedi and Sith sets, but much like everyone else I'm sure, I'll definitely try to grab one of the Clone Box sets.  That 3-pack looks like scalper bait for SURE.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 04:50 PM »
The Clone set just looks like more of the Deluxe clones with a new paint job.  I'm a sucker and have been buying them but I have some of the AOTC sets open and the figures aren't that great.  The kneeling clone is the best sculpt and the prone just misses.

I passed on the Trilogy sets and I'll pass on these as well.  At least the Jedi and Sith sets anyway.  I'll decide on the Clone set when I see it.

As for that Mace, that sculpt is 6 years old and it's still, arguably, the best.  The Jedi Council set isn't bad but the Saga versions suck and the ROTS version still hasn't nailed it yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Wow. What a gigantic waste of money.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Wow. What a gigantic waste of money.

Bitter much?

In case you haven't noticed, this is ALL a colossal waste of money.  ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Guess I can kiss another $96.65 of my money away on more repacked garbage...  Granted, it's my own fault, I know.  Actually, it looks like only the Clones are "new", so I'll only have to buy one opener set, which will drop the total down to a mere $64.43.  :P

But considering how well the prior DVD 3-pack sets sold (at least around here - sold out in a day or so), I guess this comes as no major surprise.  Easy money for Hasbro.

Really bizarre to see a 6 year old Mace pop up in the mix there though.  Of course, these could just be mock-ups...?  Or are they really the final product?  Do you know, DD?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 05:34 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Wow, those are terrible! I'm glad Hasbro keeps putting ****** figures in multipacks, easier for me to pass them up!

Though I'll get that Clone set if I see it. I'm a hypocrite, I know
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Well I will pick these up. I never picked up the others as I never saw the Clone Wars ones and traded off my OT ones. That is if I see these at all.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 06:43 PM »
I will already be purchasing the ROTS DVD and Battlefront II Nov. 1st, I don't think I will be purchasing this junk.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 07:24 PM »
What is that Mace figure?  It looks different than the other Maces I have seen.  Or I just can't remember them that much.  Is that Ep1 Mace withough the cloak?

Anyway I won't be buying these but the clone pack is not that bad IMO.  I will be buying other clonetrooper items besides this one.  At least these packs tend to go fast when they put them out.  Thankfully they are usually spread out anywhere but the toy aisles.  It seems like Wal-Mart liked to put them all over the store which is cool since they don't clog up the current pegwarmers. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 07:53 PM »
What is that Mace figure? It looks different than the other Maces I have seen. Or I just can't remember them that much. Is that Ep1 Mace withough the cloak?

I'm fairly sure (going by the pictures) that it is the regular carded Episode I Mace Windu without the cloak and a purple lightsaber.    The head could be different, but I can't tell from the photo, but it looks identical to the E1 Mace to me.

As for the Clones, is it just me, or is the one on the right a mirror image of the one on the left?  I don't mean literally, but it's like they just did a negative impression of the mold and sculpted it the exact opposite direction or something.