Author Topic: Gree and Bly - a nice surprise  (Read 6022 times)

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
Re: Gree and Bly - a nice surprise
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2005, 05:39 PM »
I found both of these a couple of weeks ago and all in all, I'm pretty happy with them. :)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 06:06 PM »
I got them today (thanks to the BigKahuna for hiding them :)).  I like them.  The paint could have matched better I suppose for both of them really.  For what they are I am happy with them.  I can certainly tell who they are supposed to represent. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 12:05 PM »
First off, I definitely like the idea of a Kashyyyk wave Jesse, good call there.  Newly sculpted Gree, wookiee warrior, BARC troopers, etc.  Could make a real nice wave, like you mentioned.

Anyways, back on topic, I was fortunate (and quite happy) to find the commanders this past weekend at Wal-Mart.  I really like both of them.  Gree obviously has some paint issues, as it doesn't quite match the photo/movie reference (not to mention the straps), but I guess since he's one of my favorite commanders I am still happy to get him.  That said, I hope we see a better version sometime in the future, it wouldn't take much to fix him really.

Bly really is an awesome figure to me.  The paint on mine is perfect, and he just looks..."cool" for lack of a better word.  One of my favorite figures of the entire line, even if it is a repaint.  Overall, I really like the various clones/Commanders we saw in ROTS, and I hope we continue to see more of them next year (Cody, Mygeeto Clones, etc.).  Between these two commanders, and the Shocktrooper, those were some of my favorite figures...and they were all repaints.  Very happy to have them, and looking forward to more clones in the future.