Author Topic: Anyone know the Target DCPI #s?  (Read 27296 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target DPCI Number Reboot?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2005, 10:34 AM »
A Target finally opened near me this weekend.  In the action figure aisle there were no less than eight  small posters stating that Target employees will no longer  check DPCI numbers or look in the Warehouse for any of these items since they are considered collectibles.  This was for the SW line, Batman line, FF Four line, Spidey line and Marvel legends line.  Its strange since they posters were not there for the first 4-5 days since the store opened. 

Inventory for the new store was excellent.  There were tons of SA Clones, Commanders, Pilots and the Antilles Wave (counted at least 30 sets last night).  Saw 5 Wookie Flyers, new micro sets, cups, etc.  Best inventory out of the 6-7 stores around. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Somehow, I'm guessing that they only disabbled the stock check feature for toys.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2005, 12:17 PM »
Somehow, I'm guessing that they only disabbled the stock check feature for toys.

And you know what - they probably did.

This is ridiculous, why are toy collectors/buyers treated any differently then other customers?

Don't they realize they wouldn't have us resorting to these measures if (a) they just stocked the shelves and (b) they didn't let managers do side-deals with local scalpers out the back door.

I had a VERY long conversation with a Target public relations manager  who was located at their headquarters in MN.  The policy, according to this person is that IF there is space on the shelves AND they have more product in the back, they are required to bring out the new stock.

If they have stock on the pegs for say Collection 2 and the Collection 1 figure pegs are empty and there's more in the back, since they have a different DPCI number, they are obligated to stock those pegs.

If on the other hand, the pegs for Collection 1 are full, don't expect them to bring out more Collection 1 just 'cause you ask.

This is a fair policy and in a time of product drought, the second condition doesn't even factor-in.

So I would (a) print out the DPCI codes I posted above, (b) get the scanners to acknowlege they have more of a certain item in stock; (c) call on the nearest customer service phone to toys; (d) tell the employee who comes up that, in accordance to Target policy you want X-peg/Y-shelf space filled with the corresponding item since there are no more items on the floor and they have more in the back.

Pure and simple - they can't tell you no. If they ask how you know there's more stuff in the back, simply tell them that the price scanner told you that was the case. There's no need to elaborate on HOW you got the scanner to tell you that.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2005, 02:15 PM »
I tried out the scanners at two local Target stores and they seemed to be working normally.  Both gave me the item name and the stock info, neither had locked out their scanners...

I wonder if they are changing it back or if the MN scanner haven't been changed yet?   :-\

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2005, 03:18 PM »
I went to Target today and punched in several different DCPI#'s (500th Vader, Evolutions set, and then a couple of random DCPI#'s - a bag of chips, and a headset) - NONE of them worked.  The scanners worked and if you scanned the product, it would show if they had any in the back as well as the price, however if you entered any DCPI#, "ITEM NOT FOUND" came up.
I asked an employee to use one of their mobile scanner things, but I guess it's linked up to the price scanners because it came up ITEM NOT FOUND as well.  I think they're updating their system or something - it doesn't seem to be related at all to collectibles.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2005, 04:27 PM »
I went to Target today and punched in several different DCPI#'s (500th Vader, Evolutions set, and then a couple of random DCPI#'s - a bag of chips, and a headset) - NONE of them worked.  The scanners worked and if you scanned the product, it would show if they had any in the back as well as the price, however if you entered any DCPI#, "ITEM NOT FOUND" came up.
I asked an employee to use one of their mobile scanner things, but I guess it's linked up to the price scanners because it came up ITEM NOT FOUND as well.  I think they're updating their system or something - it doesn't seem to be related at all to collectibles.

Actually no - in NJ and in other parts of the country, Target stores have BLOCKED the ability to punch in DPCI numbers via both the Price Scanner Key-Pads and the Inventory Guns.

This is why we're posting the DPCI BarCodes and the UPC BarCodes - with these in your hand, you can use the price scanner as you used to, only now you just scan to get the info instead of entering the DPCI number.

;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Damn, that's crazy.  Why would they block them from their own employees (ala the mobile inventory gun)?

Well, in that case, thanks a lot for posting those UPC's, looks like I have some new ammo  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2005, 05:47 PM »
Awesome info! Glad I read the entire thread. This just goes to show on unfriendly Target is. Yes, I also wonder at the stupidity of stores who differeniate between a collector and a customer. Same thing so treat em right. I will say this, because of how I have been treated at Target with Star Wars and use to be LOTR Target is like one of my last choices for shopping now. I hate to say it, but in this war of box stores, I am more in Walmart's corner then Target because I find stuff and get help at Walmart. Ironic though that in the end that could come back and bite me in the butt.
Glad for the info though and will use it in Targets to get the stuff I need.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2005, 06:03 PM »
Since I've seen the pics of all the new clones coming out, the target Clone looks like a big waste of money...Glad I never bought one. :)

LOL..The "new" clones Cdfhghdk!?M?? hehe-the "new" special ops trooper excl. isn't even out yet..so, it 's a good thing you didn't buy it, LOL
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 06:04 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2005, 06:18 PM »
LOL..The "new" clones Cdfhghdk!?M?? hehe-the "new" special ops trooper excl. isn't even out yet..so, it 's a good thing you didn't buy it, LOL

I think you misunderstood Alex there, Jon.  He meant that the new Clones that are coming out look a lot better than the Target exclusive Clone from a couple months ago, so he's glad that he never bought that one.  ;)

- M

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2005, 06:22 PM »
He ..said ..all that? Oh, ok then.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 06:31 PM »
(From Pete)
"I had a VERY long conversation with a Target public relations manager  who was located at their headquarters in MN.  The policy, according to this person is that IF there is space on the shelves AND they have more product in the back, they are required to bring out the new stock."

This SOUNDS great but..realistically they don't have to bring us ****. Actually what's to stop them from telling you they're computer's wrong that there is no stock in the back
(I've had this happen before at TRU-their system said they had 6 holo yoda but the manager gave me the " computer reason" and said there was none). They have us where they want us again...this method alows for someone non-lazy and honest working in sales= while it's possible it's highly unlikely.

However all this said I'll try it for what-the-heck-reasons so Jared's attempts won't go in vain and he's cool.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 06:33 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 1, 2005, 09:53 AM »
The Target nearest me doesn't have those nice scanners and never did, but I was out of town yesterday and stopped at a Target that did. I stood there and punched in a bunch of DCPI's and they all checked out.

???

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Anyone know the Target DCPI #s?
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2005, 12:14 PM »
So, in most of the MN area Targets that have the DPCI scanners they are still working...  maybe it was just a program upgrade or something?

Has anyone else had luck with using the numbers lately? :-\

Anyway, here's a nice long list of DPCI Numbers for you to try out to test the scanners...

087-06-0030   SW Collector Cases
087-06-0228   SW Clone Trooper Attack 5-pk
087-06-0298   SW Mustafar Duel Figures
087-06-0516   SW Utapau Shadow/Stealth Clone Trooper
087-06-0576   SW Basic Figures 3.75in - I'm not sure what this is... unless C1 and C2 are going away?
087-06-1204   SW Plo Koon Jedi Starfighter
087-06-1263   SW Collection 1 Basic Figures
087-06-1327   SW Episode 3 Deluxe Figures
087-06-1328   SW Collection 2 Basic Figures
087-06-1357   SW Evolution 3-Packs
087-06-1358   SW Battle Packs (5-pk)
087-06-1496   SW TIE Fighter with Figure

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know the Target DCPI #s?
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Hey, Thanks Jeff! I'll try them. So..If you punch these in and they come up with quantities then how do you ask a store employee (who's lazy and doesn't remember it's a business and there company needs to make a sale) to look in the back for this fig.? especially when they give that Goddamned programmed " they stock at night so whatever is out is all we have" response? If we tell them it's in the scanner-then they wanna know how we know or won't get the item until we are  then forced to prove to them that their system says there's more. When we do this don't we risk a local store policy with notes on the collector isles saying " we will not check in the back for DCPI items". <I hate Target> don't they wanna make a sale-they're so ******* lazy-even the managers