Author Topic: Favorite "Vehicle" Line?  (Read 6117 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Favorite "Vehicle" Line?
« on: August 25, 2005, 04:12 PM »
I've never really gotten into the MicroMachines, Action Fleet, Titanium, Micro, etc., but I've recently thought about picking up some of the vehicles because they are kind of spiffy and might make nice display pieces.  I was curious what was/is your favorite overall "line" of these vehicles/playsets?  Do you prefer the now-cancelled Action Fleet, do you enjoy the current Titanium Series or Micro lines?  If I were to go an pick up a few OT ships, what line would be the best?

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite "Vehicle" Line?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 04:06 AM »
ACTION FLEET !!! They are the best: made of nice plastic, with great details and design, good for display and also playable, they have poseable figs (except for tha latest wave), go well with some MM playsets, you can make nice dioramas. Only stupid Hasbro considered better cancelling this line

Titaniums are not even close to them! I even cancelled my order of the new Titaniums.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 01:10 PM »
I personally like the Micro Machines. I'd like to collect Action Fleet, but it's just too damn hard.

I only need a few more pieces for my MM collection to be complete. Trouble is, I can't find any of them on ebay.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 09:57 PM »
I've always loved the Action Fleet line.  But where is the love for the Collector's Fleet line?  That Star Destroyer ROCKS!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 04:42 AM »
I've always loved the Action Fleet line.  But where is the love for the Collector's Fleet line?  That Star Destroyer ROCKS!

I like Collector Fleet too. Too bad they have only 3 ships, and one of them is extremely rare and expensive: the Super Star Destroyer.

But Action Fleet also has its rare items (Defender, E-Wing, Royal Ship, Sith Infiltrator etc.etc.). But for one who wants the regular movie ships, it is not that hard to find them on ebay or deal with some traders.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 11:58 AM »
I would suggest looking into the action fleet line as well. It is clear Hasbro will not do  3 and 3/4 inch scale ships very often, and even then they are mostly repaints.
I have been following a few auctions recently, and a group of 10-12 ships in collector-loose condition average about $5.00 per ship- less than the price of a single figure. And the ones that you want multiples of (X-wings, ties, a-wings, etc) are among the cheapest.
I recently picked up a lot of the small playsets (transforming heads and planet scenes) from 1997 or so. Some were sealed, some had been opened and were missing a small figure or two, but they came to less than $5.00 apiece after shipping. Given the level of detail these things have, and how little space they take up to collect, I think it is a great line to get into.
My favorite part of the action fleet line is how well the snowspeeders look next to the Hasbro 3 3/4 inch AT-ATs. They are a great scale match for making dioramas-
Plus they can be hung from the ceilng easily to make flying scenes (Darth's Tie with two wingman and pursuing an X-wing is great conversation piece hanging above the television).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 7, 2005, 10:01 PM »
I would have to say action fleet as well.  Although those Titanium ships do look very nice.