Author Topic: dustrho's collection  (Read 23521 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: dustrho's collection
« Reply #60 on: July 7, 2004, 11:43 AM »
Click HERE to view some pictures of my Star Wars collection.  Sadly everything is still boxed up, and won't be displayed until the basement is finished.  But, I've been giving it a lot of thought, and I'm starting to think that maybe I should just display this stuff anyway.  I don't know if I'll be able to get my basement finished until next year sometime, so I might just utilize the unfinished basement just the way it is.  The question that comes to mind then is how will I display everything I have?  With no wall to hang shelves, will I have to resort strictly to bookshelves?
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: July 8, 2004, 11:12 AM »
Nice stuff Chris, really like the new set up :P :-*

If you remember my basement I just set the stuff up knowing that we were eventually gonna do something different.  Well, my wife has decided we need to do that soon...so I have to start taking stuff down

I think cheap Bookcases from Wal-Mart might be the way you want to go for now

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #62 on: July 8, 2004, 11:29 AM »
I think cheap Bookcases from Wal-Mart might be the way you want to go for now.

I'm thinking more & more that I might just do exactly that.  I just can't wait until next year to have this basement finished, and it kills me to know that all my Star Wars stuff are still packed away in boxes.

And how could I forget your basement?  I was in there last night helping myself to some of your goodies.   ;)   :P
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: July 8, 2004, 11:33 AM »
Right now your collection reminds me of what Colman's must be like and what fun is that?  THose bookcases are $25 a pop, you'll probably need at least 4-6 of them so for $150 you could look at them for a while plus have cheap shelving when you get done or toss them if you don't need them anymore

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #64 on: July 8, 2004, 12:15 PM »
It's definitely not a fun situation to be in.  It's excruciating to go down in my basement and see all of this stuff boxed up.  If you read my post on March 13th, you'll notice that is when I started taking down my collection, and I finished packing in a few days.  So, my collection has actually been boxed up since March.   :o   :'(

So, I'm really getting desperate, in the sense that I want my collection displayed immediately.  I think I might buy some of those bookshelves over the weekend, and start displaying my stuff.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2004, 01:03 AM »
Well, I went out today and bought 7 whilte bookshelves (Sauder brand), and just finished putting those up in my basement.  Was able to start filling the shelves up with some of my collection, but I'm starting to learn that I'm going to need SEVERAL more bookshelves in order to display my entire collection.  I should hopefully be done with the majority of it by the end of tomorrow.  I should have pics uploaded sometime in the near future.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2004, 01:10 AM »
Look forward to seeing your pictures Chris. Sure would have loved to seen a finished basement, walls & all but do the best that you can do for the time being.  ;)  It will all come into place in time.  :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2004, 04:30 PM »
Take a look at some pictures of my collection.  It's not displayed in a finished basement like I would have wanted, but it's looking pretty good nonetheless.  I still have a bit more work to do until I'm fully satisfied with it, but overall it's setup pretty nicely.

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/collection.htm
dustrho

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2004, 07:21 PM »
Nice setup Chris!  Makes me wish I had kept all my army builders from a few years back.  Sadly, I am in the process of getting alot of my army builders from scratch again.  Those bookshelfs look sweet all lined up.  I am definitely jealous ;) Whats the wife think?  Would be definte grounds for divorce with me ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 07:22 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2004, 07:28 PM »
coming along nicely chris. do you have plans to finish off the basement at some point? if so, it's gonna suck to take all that stuff down and then put it all back up again  :D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2004, 07:33 PM »
Yeah, looks great Chris!  Nice to have the big ass collection room now, eh?  Keep it up...   8)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2004, 07:37 PM »
d'oh.

just read the rest of your thread, and you mention (in the first few lines no less) that you are planning on finishing the basement.

good luck with that  ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2004, 12:18 AM »
MAJOR updates have been done to my collection, so be sure to take a look!   ;D

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/collection.htm
dustrho

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2004, 12:41 AM »
lookin' good chris!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2004, 02:18 AM »
Very nice Chris, nice to have the room to display. Thats alot of bookshelves!  :o