Author Topic: Toy Story  (Read 3896 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Toy Story
« on: August 6, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Although this isn't probably something I'll be collecting, I noticed since our Target re-set their toy section that there is a pretty good amount of Toy Story product in the action figure aisle.  I didn't look real close at things yet, but it looks like a pretty cool line - with Buzz, Woody, etc. - but also buckets o' army men and other things.  Not sure if anyone here is interested in it or not, but it looked like a pretty nice line (with a lot of support, it was nearly half an aisle at our store - sharing with Marvel and DC).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Story
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2009, 06:41 PM »
I noticed this at my Target as well.  I was actually surprised to see the amount of stuff on sale.  Is there an ongoing cartoon for Toystory or just the films?  I know the films were very successful but it seemed odd to me that a store would ramp up stock on the line at this point in time.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 7, 2009, 09:51 AM »
Toy Story 1 and 2 are getting re-released in theaters this October (in 3D) and Toy Story 3 comes out next summer.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:16 PM »
For anyone with small kids - there is a line of Toy Story 3 Imaginext figures!

My boys are fiends for the Imaginext stuff (Dinosaurs, Space, Batman, etc), so I picked up the Buzz/Spaceship and Woody/Bullseye sets for the "bribe bag" (prizes they can earn for doing chores, etc).

I hadn't heard/seen anything about them, so I thought I'd pass it along since I know a few other parents out there have Imaginext at home...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 05:50 PM »
I saw some of those locally as well Jeff, pretty cool.  I've noticed that both TRU and Target have now got pretty big sections dedicated to Toy Story stuff, kind of neat.  Our daughter is getting pretty excited for it, as it will be her for movie "in the theater" next month.  With her birthday this summer as well, it is getting tempting to stock up on a lot of the neat toys they have out there for this.  If your kid or kids were way into this, they could really get quite a lineup of characters and stuff the way it looks.  Lots of different "scales" to choose from too.  I've seen some labeled "actual movie size", but they are a little pricier.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 07:00 PM »
My Walmart, which has given the shaft to SW, Joe and the Marvel lines (not counting IM2), basically skipped the Train Your Dragon and all of last summer's movie lines, has a HUGE 12 foot display filled, both sides, with Toy Story stuff.

It's separate from the main toy aisles, it stands by itself at the end of the section, and is filling up but isn't full just yet.  I can't imagine how much stuff they are going to have for this film.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Well, after seeing Toy Story 3 this weekend (and watching the first two several times over the past few weeks), we've been on the lookout for more of the toys as well.  Our daughter really loves all three movies, so we're picking up a few figures here and there to save for her birthday in a couple of weeks.  The line seems to be selling pretty well here locally, with mostly Buzz and Woody figures on the pegs much of the time.  We were going back and forth which "scale" to go with, but just went with the smaller figures (the $7-$9 ones) instead of the "real movie size" ones since they are a bit pricier and they really only make Buzz, Woody, Jessie (and Bullseye at TRU) that we've seen.  I haven't seen much indication of who or what is coming in later waves, but I would guess we'd see more throughout the year.  If we had planned ahead, I would have just picked up that "Andy's Room" set at Target, but she already has a few of the figures.  Anyways, great movie, and it seems like a pretty nice line.  That's what is nice about a movie based around toys, it is easier for them to get things fairly accurate with the toys.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 01:56 PM »
Picked up the regular Buzz and Woody for my five year old son's birthday.  The soon to be 2 year old will also get some figures from the line, probably Buzz and Woody variants.  I also want Twitch just because of his MOTU look.