Author Topic: Halo Toys  (Read 35920 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Halo Toys
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2010, 07:52 PM »
  Still, I can't help but wish that these were in the 3.75-4" range so they'd match up with the SW and Joe figures.

E...

100% agree.  It's the only thing keeping me from getting into HALO. 

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2010, 03:15 AM »
Huh, I just realized that the warthog in the above picture is NOT the final product. It looks like it's a mock-up made of foam or balsa wood parts. Look at the texturing and I noticed a holding pin in the second picture where the windshield meets the fender.
yer i have to agree
Don't get me wrong, this is a great piece, but since it's not the final product, I wonder if McF brought this along to gauge interest in a Warthog.
i wonder as well.
That warthog does look like an excellent vehicle.  I like the looks of all the figs and vehicles they've shown.  Still, I can't help but wish that these were in the 3.75-4" range so they'd match up with the SW and Joe figures.

E...
True but im happy that they reduced the size down to 5'' from like 8'' or 9''the old bungie joyride ones that i have cause vehicles really wouldn't be possible for that size.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11 AM »
I agree on the size, the 5" line seems to be a decent size, it's just that nothing else I own other than mid-90's Star Trek is really in that scale.  I have one Master Chief and probably would have bought a lot more if they'd been in a format that was compatible with the other lines I collect. 

I have several Avatar ships/creatures, for example, because they look cool and fit in the 1:18 scale.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2010, 03:20 PM »
I don't mind the size. One good thing is that these figures aren't all that much more expensive than SW figures and their much bigger. Not really many army builders either, so I'm not burning through money for these. While this line is rampant with exclusives, it's not been all that bad to find them, eventually.

I'm glad McF took this down from Joyride's scale. Besides, JR never had the detail that McF does. I don't think there would be that much detail though in the 3 3/4" scale.

Though to be sure, I'd have bought them in that scale as well. I'd love to have these standing next to my other figs, SW, Marvel, etc. They look like giants now though in comparison.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2010, 12:08 AM »
Not really many army builders either, so I'm not burning through money for these
wow thats true.
 I would like to see some packs come out with like 3 unsc troops or like 3 cov or red team from halo wars.
but to tell you the truth i want a profit in its chair. fingers crossed for a hornet or falcon. lol

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2010, 07:04 AM »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Yep, I saw these several weeks ago.

poodachoo, you should check out Halocollectors.com for Halo stuff. While there is only about a dozen of us that are active, you'll get Halo info much quicker there since it's specifically a Halo site.

I'm not trying to steal you away from here, just saying if you want to broaden your Halo fandom, you can add Halocollectors.com to your repertoire of websites you visit.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2010, 05:51 PM »
will do thank you.

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2010, 05:04 AM »
So Collector's editions of 'Halo: Reach'

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2010, 05:10 AM »
“Halo: Reach” Legendary Edition
The complete “Halo: Reach” collection. In addition to the game disc, manual, and the complete contents of the Limited edition, the Legendary edition includes:

Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys. Individually molded, hand-painted and individually numbered, this statue is a must-have for any serious “Halo” fan
UNSC-themed custom packaging
An exclusive multiplayer Spartan armor effect
The beta of Halo: Reach drops May 3rd, and the game will be available at retail this fall.

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2010, 08:41 AM »