Author Topic: Halo Toys  (Read 35901 times)

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Halo Toys
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Yer i know its a 2 pack but after the 3 master chief,s i already have i believe the 2 pack idea is the only way they can sell him to me a forth time thankfully he comes with the  "M7057/Defoliant Projector"

and yes i know bout the crimson mongoose but Australia wont get that one.
(there are things in this life that we just have to come to terms with eg: living in the highest taxed contry in the world)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2010, 05:38 PM »
I can prolly get you a decent deal on a Crimson CQB w/mongoose. LMK if interested.

And yeah, the flamethrower is awesome. I've been waiting for that weapon.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2010, 01:38 AM »
Every day i check the MCfarlane website for new pics of wave 8 but they just don't seem to be posting does any one know when they will?
oh and they just posted about halo reach figures.
We'll bring the heavy weapons into the fracas with all new five-inch action figures, in-scale vehicles and deluxe figure packs
omg so excited

http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13664
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 01:59 AM by poodachoo »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2010, 09:34 AM »
I already knew there would be figures from the game. What I'm more excited about are the vehicles. Hopefully we now get something bigger than  mongoose. I really hope this opens the door for the warthog.

If so, I can see them makign the "Falcon." No, not the Millenim Falcon, but the Halo Reach Falcon. This the mini-Pelican VTOL aircraft seen in the REACH trailer.

Thanks for posting the link.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 1, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Ok well this set of pics were from that big diorama that they made but the scale is simalar to the 5 inch figs so we have some sort of idea
(these are not mcfarlane pics)

i want a warthog so bad.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 2, 2010, 09:01 AM »
ok...where the hell did you get those from? lol
Those are awesome.

That tank is huge. If it were made into a toy, I'd guess it to be in the $150 range. While I'd buy one, I don't know if there is enough of a fanbase (of buying fans) to warrant it being made.

Now the Warthog though, that is a different story. That would be much less expensive, I can see it being in the $40-60 range. And McFarlane could easily make both the Turret and Gauss canon versions at the same time. In fact they could include the parts for both to allow us to choose which version we want to display. Though see how toy manufacturer operate, I would see McF releasing the Turret one first, then the Gauss later, possibly as an exclusive. Oh and then there is the artic deco version.

That Banshee is sweet. That's easily a $30 toy.

Damnit why did you have to show these? lol I wants them, I wants them! heh heh

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: February 2, 2010, 04:12 PM »
That Banshee is sweet. That's easily a $30 toy.

$30?  You do see the water bottle behind it for a scale reference?  That's a pretty big model.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 2, 2010, 07:02 PM »

Ok just for your viewing pleasure cause i know i saved these pics cause i was like wow
You do see the water bottle behind it for a scale reference?  That's a pretty big model
yer i do have to agree the Banshee is significantly larger scale for some reason but the tank is quite accurate.
but the most we can hope for is a warthog. I love the idea and i quote
In fact they could include the parts for both to allow us to choose which version we want to display
thats awsome i hope they see this thread. Enjoy.

(i apologize for filling thread with so many pix)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: February 2, 2010, 10:52 PM »
No that's fine Pooda, the pics are great.  I never saw these so I really like them just from a customizer POV.  That's some perfect rusting detailing on those last pics.  Well done to the studio they hired.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 3, 2010, 09:51 AM »
(i apologize for filling thread with so many pix)

Shoot, no apology need dude, these are awesome pics.

I love this stuff. This is one area for which I have a degree in. (Industrial Design)

I love seeing how people make scratch built models. Looks like a lot of vacuum forming was done.

The Banshee is definitely out of scale with the rest. It's a much smaller craft than the Tank. My statement of it being a $30 toy should be understood as, "in scale, this toy should retail for $30." So apologies for not making myself perfectly clear. Of course if McFarlane were to include a figure to pilot the craft then tack on another $10-15.

poodachoo, if you've got more pics, please post them, or at the least, I'd be happy with links so I could check them out myself. Again, thanks for posting these.

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2010, 07:23 AM »
hey thought you might like to see this im so excited omg look at the quallity.
2010 warthog by mcfarlane.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 07:31 AM by poodachoo »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2010, 05:52 PM »
Yeah, I saw this. Beautiful vehicle. I can't seem to find out how much it's going to retail for. I'm guessing between $50-65.

Lots of good stuff coming for Halo. Halo Reach figures!

I'm very happy about the Ghost. The Grunt that comes with it (as pictured) is one from Reach, that is why he has a very different backpack. Bungie folks are calling it the "mini-keg."

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2010, 06:25 AM »
omg omg omg

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Huh, I just realized that the warthog in the above picture is NOT the final product. It looks like it's a mock-up made of foam or balsa wood parts. Look at the texturing and I noticed a holding pin in the second picture where the windshield meets the fender.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great piece, but since it's not the final product, I wonder if McF brought this along to gauge interest in a Warthog.

Let me say that I'm emphatic about having a warthog. It's one of the more iconic vehicles of the Halo series.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2010, 05:24 PM »
That warthog does look like an excellent vehicle.  I like the looks of all the figs and vehicles they've shown.  Still, I can't help but wish that these were in the 3.75-4" range so they'd match up with the SW and Joe figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"