Author Topic: Target's "Attack on Coruscant" Clone 5-pack  (Read 37566 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target's "Attack on Coruscant" Clone 5-pack
« Reply #90 on: October 3, 2005, 06:13 PM »
This is very cool looking, and at $19.99 it's even better.  I will probably only want one of these however.  And of course, it will be opened.

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 3, 2005, 06:41 PM »
They have a picture of it in the new insider. It includes 4 Technician Clone Troopers and a repainted Bacara; why they would include that, I don't know, it's not Hoth or Rhen Var or any other snow/ice planet.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 3, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Got the scoop on this set last nite and posted in our So Cal thread: the case has a transition date of 10/16.  This is not a street date so they could slip out sooner.  The same date applies for the Mustafar Duel figs. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 3, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Someone over at "that other site" has pics of this on their front page.  One costs$19.99 and it's a blue Bacarra with 4 grey painted clonetoopers.  The 4 are from the Deluxe Clonetrooper with Jetpack.  Obviously without the Jetpacks.  Pretty good deal I would say.  Five clonetroopers for $19.99. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: October 3, 2005, 09:30 PM »
One costs$19.99 and it's a blue Bacarra with 4 grey painted clonetoopers.  The 4 are from the Deluxe Clonetrooper with Jetpack.  Obviously without the Jetpacks. 

???

I thought that the 4 Gray Clones were #6s (with Quick Draw Action). 

Where did you hear they were Deluxe Clones? 

edit - nm.  I see the guy at scum also posted in the forums over there...

"So I just openned them up and to let everyone know the grey troopers are repaints of the Jet Pack trooper right down to the mounting hole in the back and lack of peg holes in the feet."

Very interesting....
« Last Edit: October 3, 2005, 09:35 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 3, 2005, 10:36 PM »
The package is deceiving because it mentions quick draw action.  Apparently it is in reference to Bacara.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 3, 2005, 11:19 PM »
Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'm actually happy about that new information. Yeah, not having them be #6 clones is great... but are the jetpack clones any better? I'm undecided.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 3, 2005, 11:23 PM »
The jet pack clones don't have an articulated left elbow. Intersting, but logical choice considering how the molds are used. Overal, a bummer. I wounder how this news is going to effect sales?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: October 4, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Hmmm, I'm down pretty much to only wanting one set of these now.  I'd rather have had #6's given they are one joint shy of super articulation and don't look bad to me...  Their shoulders and hips aren't as nice as the SA Clone's sculpt but the Jetpack Clone's a pretty weak figure in the arms (neither one having much articulation at all).  I'll take wide hips and shoulder joints over underarticulated arms any day.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 4, 2005, 01:14 AM »
Now that I know they are Clone Deluxe troopers, I am rethinking if I even want to buy these. Thanks to Chewie I can easily bring out the paint, buy a Bacara figure and paint it up to look like this one. Not a bad price if your after clones for an army, but for a collector like me, I'd rather have the #6's then what they've given. As of right now I am thinking I will pass on these.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

SilverZ

« Reply #100 on: October 4, 2005, 01:42 AM »
That's an interesting choice of sculpt to use. I'll still be tracking down my standard 1 boxed/1 opener, but I won't be doing any army building. It makes the Evo variant pack much more compelling to army build with.

They're really going out of the way to avoid using the SA sculpt for army builder repaints, aren't they?  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: October 4, 2005, 01:56 AM »
I agree, this is one I'm likely not going to buy more than one of I think.  I'll take the one set with a small squad, and the unique Bacarra sculpt, but that's it.  The greys did squat anyway so who cares.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #102 on: October 4, 2005, 02:11 AM »
Unless and until I read something official somewhere (Databank, Essential Guide, etc.), I consider that blue commander to be someone other than Bacarra.
a) It makes no sense for him to be on Coruscant
b) Why in heck would he repaint his armor with a totally different color scheme?

It's actually fine with me, since it gives us another sorta-EU commander instead of just viewing him as some botched Bacarra.

And $19.99 sounds pretty sweet.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 4, 2005, 02:49 AM »
Unless and until I read something official somewhere (Databank, Essential Guide, etc.), I consider that blue commander to be someone other than Bacarra.

Agreed.  But I just don't know what to actually call him, so blue Bacara is the handiest thing to go with.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed by the use of the Jetpack Clone in this set, but it gives me a good reason to only buy one to keep boxed, instead feeling the need to get 2.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 4, 2005, 09:15 AM »
I was kind of looking forward to this set, and considering picking it up, but now that it is likely the Deluxe Jetpack Clone is being used, I think I might pass.  Not that it is a terrible figure, but I'd have rather had #6s (or #41s of course).  I think it might be enough of an excuse to save $20.