Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper  (Read 53705 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: More Target Exclusives?
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2005, 09:19 PM »
Same here. I just found my 10th.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 1, 2005, 08:53 PM »
Wow!  I have...one.  I did get the Target clone though since a friend snatched one up for me.  I agree that $12.99 is insane.  However, I am glad to own it.

Offline Avenging Knight

• Jedi Initiate
  • Guardian of Truth and Justice..and stuff like that
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 1, 2005, 11:01 PM »
Looks like some Bozo on ebay is trying to sell #6 clones stuck in Target exclusive Clone packages as rare variations(  Item #5972479120 and #5972479085).  The tip off is the markings above the belt are made up of dots like on the #6 instead of solid grey lines as on the Target clone. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but it sure looks like BS to me.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #168 on: May 1, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Well, the large shoulder pads would indicate the #6 Clone, so it wouldn't surprise me if it is fraud.

This packaging would be quite easy to swap figures with, and with a little patience and a lot of gall, it could be done.

Or this is a genuine error. But two in a row that the same guy bought? I'm doubtful.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: May 2, 2005, 01:01 AM »
Speaking as a customizer, the packaging IS easier to pull a switch on sadly.  Hope nobody gets taken on a scam with these, that's BS...  Unfortunately it's the way of this hobby anymore.  Opportunists (scalpers, frauds, etc.) are always spiked during these movie years, but ROTS really seems to have a whole new breed of them, sadly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #170 on: May 2, 2005, 03:21 AM »
"Destroy the scalpers we must."    :P

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 2, 2005, 07:30 AM »
I emailed the bidders on this.  I actually bid on one of these yesterday when the price was low.  And then I noticed the switch.  Glad I did not end up winning. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 4, 2005, 11:50 AM »
So what is the dealio with the Target Clonetrooper now?  I've read some reports that Target stores are being told there are "no street dates"  on these, and they can be released.  I haven't seen a lot of people reporting they've found them lately....but maybe that's because many of you found them awhile ago already.  Some places were reporting a "release date" of tomorrow, some on Sunday, etc.  Our closest Target isn't exactly "close", so I hate to make several trips over there to keep checking :P.  Thought about heading out today after work, or possibly tomorrow, need to get the soundtrack anyways.  I only want to get one, but I'm afraid these are going to be tough to find.  Anyone know when they are going to be out, or is it just going to depend on the store most likely?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 4, 2005, 12:00 PM »
I don't know if this helps or not, but supposedly there is going to be a SW aisle reset/refresh for May 8th. I'm guessing it is something they planned on doing just to make sure that the aisle was still presentable come May 19th.

Perhaps this will also be the time when those three or four pegs that read "Lava Vader" will be changed to "SA Clonetrooper" (or similar)?

I personally am hoping that items that haven't been widely available yet will start to show up - like the Mustafar playset and Wave 2 of Unleashed.

Another possibility is to call your Target and give them the DPCI number (it's at the start of this thread) and ask them to see if they have any instock.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: May 4, 2005, 12:05 PM »
Anyone know when they are going to be out, or is it just going to depend on the store most likely?

I think it totally depends on the store and your store manager...

The May 5th date was the "approximate availability date" that Hasbro quoted on the Clone's sign at C3.

The May 8th Date is the date that was quoted in the Target handbook:

Basically, Target is supposed to re-set their toy aisles for this weekend.  When the toy aisles are re-set, there will be pegs for the Clone Troopers in place of the pegs for the Lava Vaders (like Pete was saying).

Some stores are treating the "May 8th" date the way they treated the April 2nd date - they have an "official" Target handbook that says May 8th, so they are waiting until overnight May 7th to re-set the aisles.

Other stores though are treating the aisle re-set the same as they would any other re-set - it has to be done by May 8th, but can be done at any poin between now and then (within 1 week).  That is why some stores have already re-set and pepople are finding them on the shelves.

Like Pete said, your best course of action is to take the DPCI # (087-06-1489) and call Target and ask for Customer Service.  They can tell you if they have it and can hold it for you if they have them in the back and not on the floor yet.

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 4, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Mothers day...Cook for mother? Go to Target? FRIG!

Does this mean that they will have 36-42 or whatnot?

Kevin

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 4, 2005, 12:33 PM »
If anyone can hook me up with one I would deeply appreciate it. 

SilverZ

« Reply #177 on: May 4, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Has anyone actually seen a Target reset yet? I've been hitting Targets pretty hard this week in search of the Deluxe Wave 2 figures, and haven't seen one do so yet. They've been putting out new-ish product, too, so I don't get the feeling like they're holding stuff back for any set date.

Nor have I seen the Clones on the shelf, but every store around here either has them in back or are already sold-out. Today, using the DPCI number, I had customer service check surrounding stores, and the inventory numbers ranged from as low as 1 to as many as 26.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #178 on: May 4, 2005, 10:22 PM »
This is exactly what is going to happen on Sunday morning:

******* on Spawn boards buys an entire CASE of Clones.

He just wiped out half that store's stock.

Seriously, people are just being total ******** when it comes to these exclusives.
I'm thoroughly disgusted to the point that I don't even feel the need to go out on Sunday and get one. This is absolutely ******* ridiculous. [/pissypants rant]
« Last Edit: May 4, 2005, 10:26 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 4, 2005, 10:25 PM »
Has anyone actually seen a Target reset yet? I've been hitting Targets pretty hard this week in search of the Deluxe Wave 2 figures, and haven't seen one do so yet. They've been putting out new-ish product, too, so I don't get the feeling like they're holding stuff back for any set date.

Nor have I seen the Clones on the shelf, but every store around here either has them in back or are already sold-out. Today, using the DPCI number, I had customer service check surrounding stores, and the inventory numbers ranged from as low as 1 to as many as 26.

May 8th is the reset date, yes? Thats my plan, is to hit Target, on my 8th, and try and get my flying clone, and such.

Kevin