Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper  (Read 53706 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: More Target Exclusives?
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2005, 08:01 PM »
Okay, I'm upset.  My understanding is that the markings of this clone are just stage markings, that is a regular grunt clone trooper on a particular planet during the clone wars.  Kinda like blue special ops during the temple raid, yellow markings on Felucia with Aayla and with Obi-Wan's attack on Grievous, green markings on Kashyyyk etc etc.  Why are they charging 12.99 for this figure?

Let me tell you something...I will paint my own clone #6's before I ever pay $13 plus tax for each clone with some stupid paint markings on it.  I can paint those things every bit as well.

I am pissed off.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 08:02 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2005, 07:04 AM »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2005, 09:23 AM »
This is beginning to remind me of the reasons why I stopped collecting baseball cards.  I was a diehard from '86 to '93.  Packs of 15 cards were 50 cents.  Then came the gold foil cards, and Topps Stadium Club cards for $4/pack.  Exclusives.  Random pack-ins.

Now why, on God's green earth, would an army builder figure, be made an exclusive, and retail for $13 plus tax?  This is a figure that we're supposed to be able to buy a bunch of, as I'm sure this clone with these particular planet markings are seen in bunches in the film.

This is going to help ruin the hobby.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2005, 10:30 AM »
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!  >:(

Full Case
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2005, 11:11 AM »
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!  >:(

Full Case

Oh yeah, now that's fair.

>:(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2005, 11:44 AM »
It has to be a manager. I really wish Hasbro would do soemthing about this.  >:(

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Did anyone notice the lack of Clone #41 in the line up at the Hasbro displays? Very disturbing.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Apparently these are the grunts from Commander Neyo's legion on Kashyyyk.  He's the commander with the helmet that looks kinda like a hockey mask.

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2005, 02:06 PM »
THIRTEEN BUCKS FOR TWO RED DOTS!?

Hey Target! how about dinner and a movie before you bend me over and screw me!!!! Keep your overpriced garbage you dirty bastards!

If people keep supporting these kinds of rediculous pricing practices, they'll keep doing it, bottom line! Let the damn things pegwarm and you'll get it for the price of a regular figure. The way it should have been all along.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2005, 04:50 PM »
I really wish Hasbro would do soemthing about this.

As much as I wish that would happen, it won't, because Hasbro doesn't care.  They see their involvement with the product as ending when it leaves their doors and although they will spin things to sound as if they care what their consumers think, they couldn't care less.

Hasbro sees money for the Clones regardless of whether or not we are able to find them.  Target probably had to order a lot of product in return for getting these exclusives, and as long as they make money on them, Target couldn't care less about who gets them.  One person buying 12 figures at 13 dollars a pop is the same thing as 12 people buying one figure each to them.  Unless they're under tight restrictions on what they can and can't do (such as the Lava Vader), Target is going to do whatever makes Target the quickest amount of money. 

With Hasbro basically saying at the Convention (if I read this right) that the Clone is "out now" and is not subject to the same type of rules and regulations that applied to the Vader, it's just given people, be they Target managers/employees, scalpers and Ebay speculators, or even a so-called collector whose world will end if he does not obtain all 12 for his personal collection the license to more or less do whatever they want.  The thing is though that, like I said before, Hasbro doesn't care.

I don't know if anyone else has been around long enough to remember the complete disaster that was the 12" Hoth Luke and Wampa set that Target had as an exclusive.  Target basically let people buy multiples of the set and left a lot of people empty handed.  Scalping was rampant on the piece and still Hasbro (Kenner at the time) refused to make more of the set until LFL stepped in and said "Everyone who wants one will get one" and pretty much ordered Hasbro to make more. 

I have a feeling that unless LFL (who in all honesty have much more important things on their plate right now than making sure we can all get a Clone Trooper figure) steps in, this kind of thing is going to continue. 

Hey, while we're at it, let's do like I suggested in another thread (was it this one?) and make 12 different Clones and release one per month as a Target exclusive so we don't even have to stand up after they've finished reaming us.   ::)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 04:52 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2005, 04:51 PM »
****. ANOTHER Target exclusive.

Ditto on that statement.

It just had to be a SA Clonetrooper, I'll be happy to just find one.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2005, 06:53 PM »
THIRTEEN BUCKS FOR TWO RED DOTS!?

Hey Target! how about dinner and a movie before you bend me over and screw me!!!! Keep your overpriced garbage you dirty bastards!

If people keep supporting these kinds of rediculous pricing practices, they'll keep doing it, bottom line! Let the damn things pegwarm and you'll get it for the price of a regular figure. The way it should have been all along.

YES!!!

But, it's FOUR red dots.  One on the helmet, one on the chest, one on the right arm, and one on the right leg.

I should know, I bought the visual dictionary, some red paint, and I'm painting them right now.  I have 55 clone #6's now, picked up 7 more today.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Since I'm not going to find it anyway, I don't give a **** anymore.

I noticed that tag from the C3 pic saif "MSRP $9.99"

Nice to see Target bending us over on that one.

I was beginning to reconsider my retirement, but since this **** continues, I'll be glad to leave it behind.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2005, 10:44 PM »
I was beginning to reconsider my retirement, but since this **** continues, I'll be glad to leave it behind.

Trust me, Ben, I'm very close to quitting myself after all this stuff they have been pulling this year.  It's fairly obvious that Hasbro and retail are doing all they can to kill this line, either intentionally or tangentially, and even the Hasbro yay-sayers cannot dispute the fact that the pricing and availability issues are becoming a real problem.

The simple fact that someone was able to put up an entire case of the Clones on Ebay says more about this issue than I could ever hope to.  And what will Hasbro do about it?  The same thing they always do, nothing.  Can't find it?  Not our fault. 

If something is out in abundance to a point where nothing new can be found, Hasbro blames retail for overordering.  If nobody can find anything because the pegs are empty, Hasbro blames retail for not supporting the line due to underordering.  They continue to give exclusives (albeit uninteresting ones) to stores like KayBee and K-Mart who are both on their last legs, crappy ones to Wal-Mart that sit on the shelves for months and months, and Target, the most clearance driven retailer gets one exclusive after another without making them widely available to the people who want them.

If I could find some way to sell everything in one fell swoop, I'd clean out every non-Unleashed and plush Hasbro item in my collection.  I'm just so sick of toy collecting (and sick in general, which I'm sure isn't helping matters) that I'd love to wash my hands of it all.  But that won't ever happen because there are too many people out there who feel the way that I do (you among them, Ben) to be willing to pony up the kind of money for such a collection. 

And again, I'm a complete hypocrite because I keep saying, "Well I've come this far so I might as well finish."  But it's getting harder and harder to use that justification these days. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2005, 11:20 PM »
I know Hasbro will never do anything, but it doesnt make it right.  :-[