Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper  (Read 53470 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: More Target Exclusives?
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Ok - so I just opened one at work - this figure doesn't have any socket or plug-hole for an attena to be attached to so this isn't exactly figure #41 with a different paint-op.

The figure comes with a pistol and a rifle and is articulated with ball joints at the shoulders, elbows, ankles and knees. Unfortunately the hips are the standard pivot joint - I would have LOVED it if this figure had the hips of the AT-TE Tank Gunner.

As people have already noted the red half-circles symbol is painted on the chest, the helmet, the right upper-arm and the right thigh.

Is this figure a great army builder? YES! But I'm sure you all already knew that. Which makes the price tag and exclusiveness of this piece all that more annoying.

The packaging is the same as the Lava Vader except for the following:
1) The star-case outer shell is made of sturdier plastic.
2) The star-case has a J-Hook instead of a hole to be punched out
3) The backer card that is behind the figure is printed on thicker cardstock then was used for the Lava Vader.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Oh man...if anyone can pick up one of these bad boys for me, I would be most thankful! This is one of my most wanted figures, believe it or not. I kept going back to the case at C3 to look at this figure. Sure its simple, and a little overpriced, but ME WANTEE!!!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2005, 01:58 PM »
So i ran over to target and found some guy who looked like he had no idea was going on and gave him the DCPI # 087-061-489.

This is what I did this morning (thanks for the inspiration) and it worked.  I also left the store as though I had just slept with the Managers daughter, made eye contact with no-one and waited till I got to the car before celebrating...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2005, 02:47 PM »
So i ran over to target and found some guy who looked like he had no idea was going on and gave him the DCPI # 087-061-489.

This is what I did this morning (thanks for the inspiration) and it worked.  I also left the store as though I had just slept with the Managers daughter, made eye contact with no-one and waited till I got to the car before celebrating...

Glad to inspire!  ;D Its funny as i walked to the check out i stayed away from anyone who worked there and stayed away from anyone who looked like a manager.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2005, 03:35 PM »
Funny, I had the same sort of behaviour going on all this past weekend and I didn't end up with a Target exclusive at all.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Though I haven't seen this figure in person yet, the clone commander is still my favorite clonie so far!   :o

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2005, 04:58 PM »
Thanks to a heads up about this thread and the tip from Paul, I too scored the clone this afternoon.

Probably the best of the exclusives seeing as it's at least a regular figure and not a holo or silver dipped repack.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Rob, was it under the Vader DCPI number still, at $12.99, or what?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2005, 05:06 PM »
I'm really kinda in a panic on this one.   :-\

Of course multiples of this would be great but I'm gonna be happy with one at this point I think, and just hope for a basic release of this scheme some day...

Anyone finds an extra (*cough*Matt*cough*) by all means I'll take one. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2005, 05:22 PM »

It was 12.99 - so I'm assuming that it was in the computer as the Vader.  I figured I'd just grab it and if at some point they lower the price to 9.99 I'll explain what happened at Customer Service and get my 7 bucks back.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2005, 05:24 PM »
I should add this.

The guy at the first Target didn't have any, so he printed us out a list of nearby targets that did have them in the computer.  I live in the middle of Dallas, around a lot of Targets - and the nearest one that had them was 11.7 miles away.  Of the 10 or so stores on the list, one of them had 24 Clones - the rest all had 12 or less.

Paul told me that the one he went to this morning over in Fort Worth only had 3.  I have no idea if there are more shipping or not, but I'm guessing this one will be a pretty limited run.  If I were you guys and you haven't yet - I'd go ahead and take that SKU into your local Target just to be safe.  If they don't have any, they can probably tell you which store you can find one at.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2005, 05:29 PM »

No, it is NOT the same after all...

087-06-0311 = Lava Vader

087-06-1489 = Exclusive Clone

087-06-1490 = 5-pack of Collector Cases

My info says that Target is set for an aisle re-set on or near May 8th.  At that re-set time, they will have pegs clearly marked for these, so keep an eye out for your Target to reset the shelves and out these out...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2005, 06:08 PM »
It's already out?  They said at C3 May 5th...  >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2005, 06:49 PM »
A guy was walking AROUND at C3 with one, actually.

Jeff and I were gawking at the Hasbro booth and looking at their sample when a guy walked right up with a carded one in his hands...  Said a guy had 3 and sold him one in the exhibitor hall.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2005, 07:00 PM »
I gotta say I'm pretty shocked that most of you have actually given in to this and paid 12.99 plus tax for a $5 and change figure, when it is such an easy custom.  I'm really disappointed in how ready and willing you guys were to bend over and take it in the poop chute sans the lube.  You really got ripped off huge.  And worse yet, with the way collectors have basically gobbled all of these things up like crack, like 2 weeks before the release date, Target knows they can get 12.99, or 14.99, or basically, anything they WANT for a $5 figure; and rest assured, they will in the future, and most of you will still be willing to get ripped off.  These things should be sitting on pegs collecting dust, for months, and finally be clearanced for the price of a regular figure, since, it is a regular figure.

Here's what we have so far:

Boba Fett 300 ---> EE Exclusive AOTC Clone 4 pack ---> Target Exclusive SA clone ----> ?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 07:21 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda