Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper  (Read 53463 times)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper
« Reply #315 on: June 14, 2005, 11:41 AM »
Cool photos of the clones!  Is there a website I can go to in order to see all of the different types?  The above photo of the "funny faced" yellow striped clone was the first I've seen of it outside the bigscreen.  How about some photos of the Mygetto "snow" clones?!?!  Those are COOL!

Blake

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2005, 12:06 AM »
Right now I don't know of a definitive listing of pictures/descriptions of the Clones.  It's mostly people pulling images from various sources to prove a point (hehe). 

Browse Clone Customs threads in the customizing areas though because they're where I'm seeing a LOT of clone pictures for the first time.  The customizers go nuts for the most obscure images/reference pictures. :)  Clones have been no different in that niche of the hobby, that's for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 18, 2005, 10:26 AM »
First of all, I'd like to commend the fine people at JD.com for doing such cool giveaways.  One more reason why this is the best forum/site for SW collectors around.   :)

Okay, getting away from my blatant asskissing, the thing about the cut scenes/canon debate that muddies the issue anymore is that the vast majority of the cut material is actually in the scripts (at least for the prequels).  I finally got to read the official script of ROTS yesterday, and there is A LOT of stuff that we see in the toy line (Senators, in particular) that showed up in the script and was shot/completed but wound up getting cut.  Same thing with AOTC: all of the Padme's family stuff is in the script, was shot, and completed (and then included on the DVD), so how it could be any less "canon" than anything else is beyond me.  That's just my opinion though.

As for the Target Clone, the funny thing is that there is such a fuss over this and the fact that the 12" Clone is the exact same thing is going almost completely unnoticed.  As a 4" Target exclusive I can't see the fuss, considering it was a short run novelty item for one particular retailer (and the paint scheme, you have to admit, is very similar to what you would imagine a Target store on Coruscant would have as its logo, hee hee), while the 12" doll was an open market release and has been seen by a lot more people.

That being said, it's a Clone that has different markings and it would have fit in with the actual film since it was actually developed for the film, so that's good enough for me to have one in my collection.  ;D

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 18, 2005, 12:50 PM »

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2005, 04:46 PM »
Thanks for the link! I just bought a set.

Listen, I only want the red ones, if anyone wants the others, PM me, you can have'm for free, or if you have any saga Imperial blasters, that would be cool as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #320 on: June 19, 2005, 02:16 PM »
I love this figure think its one of the best next to a at te tank gunner ... but thats just my opinion.
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2005, 01:08 PM »
Thanks for the link! I just bought a set.

You're welcome. "Pa' eso estamos".

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #322 on: June 20, 2005, 08:54 PM »
The linked to guy's custom stickers are easy enough to print out yourself as well...  Hell, you can take the image he uses and go to Kinko's and have it printed out in any color you wanted really, and for relatively cheap.  Just a thought for those wanting to build a MASSIVE Clonetrooper army with that logo.  It's a good way to go.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2005, 03:33 PM »
The linked to guy's custom stickers are easy enough to print out yourself as well...  Hell, you can take the image he uses and go to Kinko's and have it printed out in any color you wanted really, and for relatively cheap.  Just a thought for those wanting to build a MASSIVE Clonetrooper army with that logo.  It's a good way to go.

Well if you want to print it, that same guy post this....

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #324 on: June 23, 2005, 09:05 AM »
Just a reminder...

The JediDefender Target Clone Trooper Give Away ends tomorrow, so get those entries sent in if you still need one for your collection!

Jeff
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 09:05 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 23, 2005, 10:46 AM »
yeah I was able to win 2 on evilbay  ;)
and I'm selling the 2nd one to a friend who wanted one too. I ended up paying about retail plus s/h so I don't feel bad about it.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 25, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Well, my decals arrive today, check this....

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Target Clones Return?!?
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Today at two of my local Targets I found the Target exclusive clones on clearance at 50% off.  Both Targets had 6 clones each and they were case fresh.  They had the first knob on the star case, the one that looks like a lollypop not the star one.  They all had 6.48 stickers and that was what they rang.  I got one at one Target but 2 more when I saw them again.  Originally I thought it was a scalper return but at 2 stores is unlikely.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target Clones Return?!?
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2005, 09:42 PM »
Yeah, people on RS reported buying some at half price a day or two ago. I called them with the DCPI, but they said they didn't have any. I'd sure like score a few for that price.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Target Clones Return?!?
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2005, 10:43 PM »
I now feel like a moron for not buying all of them.  At the very least I could have offer them at cost to forum members.  I'm sure by tomorrow there will be no trace of them.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.