Author Topic: OTC Myo, Trevagg variations  (Read 2565 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
OTC Myo, Trevagg variations
« on: August 26, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Wanted to post t oget an idea on these two figs:

The OTC Myo and Trevagg figures both have a decent packaging variation.  Myo was both packed with the cup in hand, and were also made with the cup packaged in the bubble.  The Trevagg figure has the gun packaged both in hand and in the bubble.  In both,  the bubble is a completely different mold made to hold the weapon and cup.  (the accessory in bubble is the rare variant)

Now,  I'm aware packaging variations aren't quite as popular as a figure/paint  variation however, when the OOM-009 EPI fig came out with a similar variation, this variation was highly talkd about, and highly sought after, not only that but all-in-all it was faily common for a package variation, and originally prices were typically abotu $7 for a normal one, $25 for the package variation(you can get them cheaper now of course).  I'm guessing becasue enough had it and "wanted" it, or hoped to go for some $$$$.

As far as the Myo and Trevagg, I had asked around at CIII, and again at the recent Pgh. toy show, and darn near EVERy vendor at both conventions had never heard nor seen this variation.   It DOES exist, I have both variations, the only variation I don't have is the Dannick variation with the straight tentacle w/ no loop-never saw it, only a pic, leading me to believe this sucker is "Super-rare" :^) ) This wave of variations has now become sort of a "project" for me.

So, after searching, and giving this a lot of thought, I've kind of come to my own conclusion that these could possibly be the "rarest" and yes I use "rare" which I usually don't use too often, becasue I truly think these are 2 figs that are practically non-existant (practically).

Saying this in a vary nice way...Anyone care to prove me wrong?   and I don't mean 20 people simply saying "oh yeah I saw huindreds of those, trying to dispell the claim, I mean post some pics with you and the variants.  I'm dying to know exactly how few of these puppies there are.  To give you an idea, in my group, PSWCS, I think there are a good handful of us that have the Weequay FF whichi is touted as a very "rare" fig, yet I think maybe only one other in the group has actually seen a Myo w/cup in the bubble.

Also, call me crazy, but if you do find one, I suggest grabbing it, not only becasue the OTC period seem to be hot, the cantina aliens, for some were also slightly harder to find than the rest of the line, but now theres a variant of a HTF fig that NO ONE seems to even seen let alone own.

Serious thoughts and opinions please, love to hear the comments.

Thanks.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: OTC Myo, Trevagg variations
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Can't say I've seen it or not Bob.  I got an extra set of Cantina aliens at WM for the clearance prices before their price-hike (love when they goof and put stuff out on the clearance pegs they shouldn't), but you know me and my opening ways so if I had this changed packaging I don't recall it...  I know I opened the changed Oom-9 packaging figure at the time.

I know I've seen pics of the variation at one point or another though...  I did not see the Dannik with two straight probisces...  I'd say that's more an error though where they just packed 2 of the same one in more than a variation or anything.  It happens of course...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 01:12 AM »
I'm in the same boat as you Bob, I've got both versions of Myo and Trevagg, but have never seen the Dannick variant. As a matter of fact, I was unaware of exactly what the "variant" about him was, as I had never seen him in person or read anything that gave details about him, just read it as "Dannick variant".

I've got all my stuff packed up, but if I have a chance to go through the boxes and find them I'll post some pics to prove I've got the 4 of them (or 5 if you want to count the one version of Dannick that I've got).

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Cool, yeah, I'm just amazed these don't seem to get any play.  That Dannick variation has GOT to be the Hardest to find modern around with the other 2 packaging variants to follow.  Just amazing that something no one has ever even seen or heard of gets little to no attention.

There was an early thread over at RS about them, but then it dropped off pretty quickly. Swept under the rug, never to be heard of again.

Especially with all the completists out there, here's 3 I bet few have.  I still keep my eyes peeled at teh toy shows and all, I would imagine you scould still stumble upon one of these cheap and end up with quite the find.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 11:36 PM »
Well, as I assumed, not too many people with these figs.

Interesting.  Very interesting to say the least.