Author Topic: Are the Post-OTC 2005 figures really that hard to find?  (Read 8491 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Post-OTC 2005 figures really that hard to find?
« Reply #15 on: September 3, 2005, 12:45 AM »
Just did a bit of checking and...

Post OTC #05-04 Queen Amidala Celeb Ceremony

Doesn't look like all of them, only certain ones. 

Holy snot :o  I think I know where a couple of those are on the pegs. :D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 3, 2005, 11:29 AM »
I'd say they POTC figures are hard to find, especially the repacks -- I've never seen them at retail.   :(
« Last Edit: September 3, 2005, 11:29 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 3, 2005, 03:41 PM »
The Padme wave came to Canada, but the repacks didn't Jesse, that's why you can't find them. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 3, 2005, 04:17 PM »
The Padme wave came to Canada, but the repacks didn't Jesse, that's why you can't find them. 

You know, I should really know better by now.  We always get pooched on at least the last wave of every series.   ::)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 6, 2005, 12:44 AM »
The reason these reissues were so hard to find was they were packed 1 to a case and you got different ones packed for different revisions, I lucked out getting all but one of these (the revision with one stormie, one biker scout) except for Vader- I had a hell of a time getting him.(but I did)

I think what happened with these was- you got a case with 2ea of the cantina aliens and 1ea of the sandtrooper-beyond this ..depending on the case revision, it's 1 ea of 5 different repacks from 2004 OTC. I think people didn't realize initially that the "repacks" had 2005 edition numbers(myself included)...when they did...the 1 to a case figs were hard to come by.  >:(

In most places where I live these case assortments shipped only one time to stores in low quantities of cases(-I think because they were prepping for sneak preview figs) this made it difficult to go back to stores to expect pick up what folks missed after they realized these stupid "forcefed" repacks  with 2005 number (the completists had to have it).   :(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 6, 2005, 10:40 AM »
I have to say that aside from the last wave of Clone Wars (non-animated) line, the POTC line was the toughest for me to track down. The only reason why I got the '05 Luke and Vader is because of Matt.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 8, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Just picked up the POTC Vader at a local comic book store today, they had it for $7.99...couldn't resist it!  They had Rabe and the Wookie, but none of the other re-packs except Vader. 

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 9, 2005, 01:31 AM »
I saw these at retail quite a bit and they were not hard to find here in Utah. Wish I had picked up more of them I guess for trading purposes. Man, $75 for Luke was overboard. Either they had the money or as I guess (and it is sad ) is that I bet neither of the bidders probably could really afford the Luke, but their appetite for it made them bid away. I wonder if they did not have the money what bill they put aside etc. (If they did. Again, they may have the extra $ to blow); either way, still very stupid IMO.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Damn, I opened 2 lukes and the Vader, good thing I kept Amidala MIP and as soon as I get a Star Case for her she goes on my HTF Wall:

[img=http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2253/447015819vansueph8xl.jpg]