Author Topic: Lego Mini vehicle line - What do you think?  (Read 28314 times)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: New Mini wave availible @ shop.lego.com!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2003, 08:26 PM »
Actually this new wave is suppose to retail for $6.99 so they should be the same price once they hit retail. I think the reason for the bump in price is due to the models being a little bigger and having more pieces than the first wave.

Either way, put me down for at least one of each of these.  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Mini Line-What do you think?
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2003, 06:08 PM »
Sounds like the new series of Mini-Lego vehicles is hitting retail stores now, so keep your eyes peeled for them folks!  This wave includes the Republic Gunship, AT-AT, Battle Droid Carrier, and a Millenium Falcon (with a Y-Wing that can be built if you buy all four of them)...

Drop a line in here if you're lucky enough to find 'em!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2003, 06:11 PM »
They had the new Mini's here at our TRU's but I have not seen them so far. They did have the price tag bar on the shelves. Think they were around $12 here. If they had any, then they went fast.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2003, 06:20 PM »
They've hit here at TRU but were all but gone by the time I was there. Found a lone Gunship yesterday and an MTT this morning at a different TRU. Passed on them both for now. I'll grab them when I can get them all at the same time.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2003, 11:51 PM »
The new Minis, the AT-AT, and the Hailfire Droid have shown up at the new Targets that just opened around here. I ordered everything from shop.lego.com though. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2003, 12:01 AM »
I haven't seen the new stuff in any Target store yet, but hopefully they'll pop up soon.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2003, 10:16 PM »
Sounds like Wave 3 of the cool mini-line is just starting to hit, according to a fella's RS report from Oregon.  As a reminder, this wave includes the Sith Infiltrator, AT-TE, Imperial Shuttle, and Star Destroyer.  $6.99 each, like the last wave.  I don't think there's an extra vehicle that can be assembled from these sets this time around though.

Happy Lego hunting!   8)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2003, 09:14 AM »
How the hell did I never post in this thread?

Anyway, I love the mini line and have all the sets released up to date.  Like Matt and others have said, the detail is superve for things of such small size.  Looks like I'll have to start looking for wave III now.  I'm just disappointed there is no extra ship with this wave :(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2003, 01:11 PM »
I haven't seen anything yet, but the Minis look excellent! The Shuttle is definately my fave. Not too excited about the Star Destroyer though. I wish there was a 5th model too, but you can't always get what you want I guess.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Star Wars Lego MINIs
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Sorry for another new topic here everyone, but I've just been trying to catch up on some Lego stuff today, and have a few questions.  I've seen the "MINI" vehicles/ships mentioned around the forums here, and didn't see an actual topic for them, so I thought I'd start one.  These seem to be pretty universally liked around here, and from the few pics I've found of them online, they look pretty cool.  I guess aside from hearing about the "free TIE giveaway" awhile back, I've been pretty oblivious to these.  Can anyone help to educate me further on this line?  What has all been released so far, do you like them, which are the best, etc?  I've found some info on FBTB.net, but I was just curious what some of your thoughts were on them.  How easy is it to find older sets?  I always kind of liked tinkering around with Legos, and this might be a good, cost-effective alternative for me getting into some SW Legos slowly.  Thanks for any info on this line that you might have, or just your general thoughts.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 03:53 PM by mosnab »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Lego MINIs
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2005, 06:26 PM »
2002:
TIE Fighter (Promotion)

2003:

Wave 1:
X-Wing/TIE Advanced
Snowspeeder/AT-ST
Jedi Starfighter/Slave I
Anakin's Podracer/Sebulba's Podracer

Extra pieces from each set make a TIE Bomber

Wave 2:
MTT
Millennium Falcon
AT-AT
Republic Gunship

Extra pieces from each set create a Y-Wing

2004:
AT-TE
Imperial Shuttle
Star Destroyer
Sith Infiltrator

2005:
Jedi Starfighter (Episode 3)
TIE Interceptor
ARC-170

(all of these were promotional items)

Right now you may be able to get remnants of 2004 at places like Target, but for others you'll have to check Lego's shop at home website shop.lego.com or try eBay.

Hope that helps you out. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Thanks so much for the info Diddly.  I remember seeing the first couple of these a long time back, but I've never really collected LEGO so I didn't pay too much attention.  These look like they could be some neat, fun little sets.  I'm going to attempt to start with the Falcon, since that is the one I'd like the most, and try to pick it up for cheap on ebay.  We'll see how it goes.  Do you collect this line (or anyone else)?  If so, what do you think of them?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: September 1, 2005, 12:50 AM »
I think I'm going crazy here...

Where'd our regular Lego Minis thread go?!?  I swear we had one at some point, with some decent discussion in it.  :-\

BTW, LOVE this line and really wish they'd bring it back to life.  Have 'em all so far, and would love to fill out the collection a bit more with some new stuff.

EDIT:  OK, I'm not going crazy.  After missing it the first couple times I looked, I finally spotted the thread floating around on page 2.  Phew!  (and merged)  ;)
« Last Edit: September 1, 2005, 12:52 AM by JediMAC »

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Mini vehicle line - What do you think?
« Reply #43 on: September 1, 2005, 03:02 AM »
The mini sets are awesome, but with the 2005 wave being exclusives only, not even available on Lego Shop at Home...that really sucks.  I know that the mini ships were popular, with most of the waves flying off the shelves when they were first issued...I really wish they would revive the mini ships with some of the other ROTS ships.  I think a Greivous Wheel Bike, Droid Tri-fighter, maybe a the Wookie Catamaran and an AT-RT...there are a lot of options to continue the line, including a B-Wing, an A-Wing, and others...it could be so good, even at 4 per year...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Mini vehicle line - What do you think?
« Reply #44 on: September 1, 2005, 09:11 AM »
I picked up my first of this line last weekend, finding the Falcon at our TRU (and on clearance even).  This is the one I wanted the most, and I'm thinking about picking up some more as well.  I think this line is really great, and I'd like to see it continue some too.  Even if it was just in a limited capacity of 4 or so per year, as mentioned earlier.  Definitely some fun little sets.