Author Topic: 2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs / NHL news  (Read 44604 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2003, 09:09 AM »
Holy Cow! Those Ducks are on fire!  :o

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2003, 09:20 AM »
 :'( :'(Couple that with the Wild losing all of their gas and the result may be a double o-for, 0 goals and 0 wins :'( :'(

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2003, 10:51 AM »
OK, forget the Wild simply winning a game in this series. I'd like to see them just score a freakin goal. Is that too much to ask in a 4 game series? ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2003, 11:16 AM »
Giguere is very hot. After watching the highlights, this man has very good eye contact with the players & the puck.
He is getting close to breaking the record for the longest shutout sequence. A record that has not been broken since Mar. 24/1936 held by Norm Smith, of Detroit. 248 min, 32 sec. Giguere has 213 min, 17 sec. A differance of 35 min, 15 sec.
Records are made to be broken. Maybe its time, maybe its not. The next game is one game not to be missed. It could be history in the making.

Imagine if the Ducks win the next game.
A shutout sweep!! :o

The fans will go Wild!.  Sorry Scott.  :-*

IMO, Giguere deserves the Conn Smyth trophy.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2003, 09:51 PM »
While my team lost any chance of hoisting the Stanley Cup yesterday basically, I was able tonight to swing by the Mall of America and see the actual cup in person.  It was pretty cool, the line to take a picture with it was way to long though, especially with J-MAX in tow :'(

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2003, 11:21 PM »
The next game is one game not to be missed. It could be history in the making.

My sister has tickets for tommorrow's game but unfortuantly for me she only has two and her husband is going.  Hopefully theres a riot or something over at Cal State Fullerton so he has to go to work and I can go to the game.  Hopefully at least they will buy me some nice things with western confernce champs on them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2003, 12:46 AM »
I'm beginning to fear the most boring Stanley Cup final series ever :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2003, 07:18 AM »
So the Ducks win the series.  :)  Now any guess's on who they will play in the final?  
Sorry Scott.   :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2003, 02:06 PM »
I'll stick my neck out and say I have faith in the Senators.  It's the hot goalie that wins, so I may be dead wrong on this one, given Brodeur is playing well.  The Sens have a lot of guns though and are only up 2-1.  Sens win today and it's back to home ice advantage.  

We shall see.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2003, 11:52 AM »
I was attending a wedding all weekend so I didn't get to offer my condolences to the Wild :(  Good luck better luck next year.

This all comes along with the news that Red McCombs is threatening to move the Vikings to LA...why not just move the whole damn state there

For the finals I like the Ducks over the Devils...Giguere is just too hot to be stopped right now

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2003, 04:48 PM »
Boy, looks like I forgot to stop by here and say congrats to my Ducks for making the Finals!   8)  Congrats to the Wild as well for finally squeeking one past Giguere!   :P  Hope we see the Sen's in the Finals, since they've never won it all either.  Devils are old and tired news...

Hope Jiggy stays equally as torrid throughout the Finals, and we don't see a ten-year SoCal anniversary repeat performance like the Kings had when they (and Gretzky) got swept in the Finals in SoCal's only previous appearance there...   >:(

And by the way, I should let the cat out of the bag here in all honesty, and 'fess up that I made "a deal with the Devil" that I'd take a Stanley Cup here in SoCal if it meant my beloved Lakers would not 4-peat.  I actually told that to a number of my friends and co-workers out here (and the Mrs.), that if I could only have one championship this postseason, I'd rather it be the Ducks simply because SoCal may not ever have another good chance at the Cup, whereas the Lakers will definitely be right back in the playoff mix each and every year, as long as Kobe and Shaq are still around...

So since my Lakers got their butts handed to them by the "always exciting" Spurs, I can only assume that it means that the Ducks will be winning it all, since that's the deal I sold my soul for.  God (or the Devil) wouldn't dare make both of my teams lose now, would he...?  Especially after what happened to my Raiders in the Super Bowl as well...   :P   :'(

GO DUCKS!   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2003, 12:10 AM »
Whew, pulled one out today :-\  Going back to Jersey does not make me feel comfortable.  

Ducks Devils would be interesting, but horridly boring (I said that already, right?) but I'd like to see the Sens in there.  Even in losing, Brodeur looked pretty good tonight.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2003, 10:43 PM »
Oh my ;D  OT win in Jersey for the Sens.  All up to Brodeur now as it heads back to Ottawa for game 7.  go Senators 8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2003, 09:31 AM »
Well game 7 is going to be nail-biter! I'm with Brent on this series.

GO GO
If they don't make it Ducks all the way!.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2003, 09:32 PM »
One minute to play, Jersey 3, Ottawa 2.  Not good.  Lalime is out of the net.