Author Topic: Master Phruby's Customs Thread  (Read 128945 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Mon Calamari dancer
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Damn, this turned out perfect!

The use of parts already looked great, but when it's all painted it just looks fantastic.  This is a true work of art.

Another thing that really adds to it is that she looks "wet" - that's a good thing.  You would think that a fish species would try to keep their skin hydrated.

Wonderful, I'm jealous.  This makes my version look terrible!

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2005, 12:09 PM »
I like it!  Great work on the sculpting/assembly and I agree with CHEWIE, the "wet" look came out perfectly. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2005, 04:14 PM »
I so happy you guys like it. She was more fun to paint than I though she would be. I think there are like four drywashed paint layers on her. The part that made her really cool was the wetness of the figure. That painted on gloss really works well. It's actually a gloss sealer for glass paints. It makes a nice shine. I used it all the time on my Cylons.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 04:16 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 2, 2005, 09:22 AM »
That is very cool!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: August 3, 2005, 01:53 AM »
Damn she is perfect! The paint job looks great it is very fishy/lobstery/crustaceany looking. The layered coloring turned outgreat and I love the wet look. I really like the legs, the kinda dual fin/foot thing looks fantastic as does the rest of the leg. I think it is weird she has boobs though, I know it is part of the design, but it is weird to think of a fish with mammory glands. :-*

Phruby sorry I didn't comment on this sooner I've been lazy when it comes to posting these last few days. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Master Phruby's Custom Creations thread
« Reply #80 on: August 7, 2005, 04:00 PM »
Here is a guy I've been wanting to do for a while. Back in 1985 Kenner was going to come out with a new line of star wars figures based on events that happen after Return of the Jedi. Luke was to be a full Jedi Master and he would start trainning new jedi to fight against the new bad guy in the galaxy Atha Prime.

As Kenner says, "A powerful force long kept in exile in a remote fringe of the galaxy has been released by the death of the Emperor. It moves now, like a plague, securing control over the shattered remnants of the empire and re-enslaving newly freed worlds. Atha Prime, genetics master, ruler of the dark worlds and architect of the Clone Wars, is free again. His advanced army of combat clones has already decimated rebel outposts along the galactic frontier. His goal is to cursh forever the Rebel Alliance and control the Galaxy."

One of the characters that Luke was to train is a Mongo Beefhead Tribesman named phruby. Here he is, for the first time in 'vintage style' plastic.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Mongo Beefhead Jedi
« Reply #81 on: August 7, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Very cool! :D I like the sculpting job  alot. And the softgood cape looks excellent, it isn't to puffy; it looks very vintage-esque. For the longest time I had thought your avatar was an upsidedown quarren. :-X Then I think I remeber you saying a while ago it was a Mongo Beefhead, I still had no idea what it was but I knew it wasn't a quarren. ;) Is there another source to that story or is it something that Kenner made up all by themselves?
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 7, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Nice job Phruby, I know how much you get a kick out of Kenner almost making this figure and releasing it.  Your version is awesome.

I think you should make a modern one using the POTJ Tessek head.   :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 7, 2005, 05:33 PM »
It's actually a story Kenner made up for their new star wars line in '85-'86. They of course didn't go thru with it. The only figure that made it to plastic was in '97 when we got the Imperial Sentinel. He is a dead ringer for Atha Prime. You can read more about those plans here.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 7, 2005, 05:34 PM »
Nice job Phruby, I know how much you get a kick out of Kenner almost making this figure and releasing it.  Your version is awesome.

I think you should make a modern one using the POTJ Tessek head.   :)

I just might do that. It has been suggested that we make a photonovel or group project based on Kenner's 85-86 plans for star wars. What do you think?

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 7, 2005, 06:09 PM »
woah! So the mongo beefheaded tribesman was acually going to be made by kenner?  I never knew that! I love you custom, Phruby! Mongo beefheaded tribesmen rule!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #86 on: August 7, 2005, 07:15 PM »
I remember seeing a small pic of that Mongo Beefhead.  Great job Phruby!  I like the vintage-feel to it, it would look perfect standing next to other vintage figures.  Great job on the sg cape too
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 7, 2005, 07:22 PM »
Phruby, I say we make it a group project, or a monthly customizing challenge.

Offline Owen D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Owens Customs
« Reply #88 on: August 7, 2005, 10:16 PM »
It's actually a story Kenner made up for their new star wars line in '85-'86. They of course didn't go thru with it. The only figure that made it to plastic was in '97 when we got the Imperial Sentinel. He is a dead ringer for Atha Prime. You can read more about those plans here.

That artwork was actually ROTJ concept work for the Imperial Guards.  I think it shows up in a few books, the Art of ROTJ for sure, though.   Isn't  the beefhead figure a hoax or joke of some kind?  I don't think it was ever a serious attempt at a figure.  Could be wrong.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 7, 2005, 10:27 PM »
I just might do that. It has been suggested that we make a photonovel or group project based on Kenner's 85-86 plans for star wars. What do you think?

Well, certain elements of it will be in the gigantic continuty fix that's the end of The United...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -